Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
ADVtortoise OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Around Lake Huron 2012

This is my first ride report so we will see how it turns out. This is about a recent 8 day ride I did around Lake Huron. The ride starts off at the southern end of Lake Huron. It goes up around Georgian Bay, then to Manitoulin Island from the northern side and then back north and over to the Michigan upper peninsula and down through the Michigan lower penisula.

My son-in-law Don just got a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 a few weeks ago after over 10 years of not having a motorcycle. He could get a few days off but not a whole week. When we figured a route that would let him do just the first half of the ride, he was all for it.

Day 1 Saturday, August 8, 2012
I was locked in on my vacation dates, so I had to go on the trip this week. The weather forecast Saturday was for rain and it looked like rain, but was supposed to be nicer weather after that. I proposed starting on Sunday. But Don was like a kid before Christmas and wanted to get out on the road on his new motorcycle. He guaranteed me it wouldn't rain on me. So I told him I would pack up the bike and if it wasn't raining by the time I was ready to leave I would leave.

Well, it wasn't raining by the time I was ready so I left for my daughter and Don's house. I live a little north of Detroit and Don lives in London, Ontario. It is about 90 miles to Don's house. First up to Port Huron, Michigan and then over the Blue Water Bridge to Sarnia, Ontario. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of this as I have been over this route many times. I took a lot more pictures than I normally do on a trip. But I can see already I should have taken a lot more pictures if I was going to do a ride report. The ride from Sarnia to London is a very boring, long, straight super slab. But too much text alreay. Here is a picture of us at my daughter and Don's house and the weather an hour or so later. The weather looked a lot worse in person than in the photo.

ADVtortoise screwed with this post 08-28-2012 at 04:52 PM Reason: Trying to get photos to post
ADVtortoise is offline   Reply With Quote