ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #376
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,169
I wonder how many of our tax dollars were spent on this escapade?
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #377
Steve in ATL
How ya like me now?
 
Steve in ATL's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
And you are no longer invited to this conversation. Primary school name calling is where I stopped reading.

A good day to you, sir.
Don't get mad at me because you exhibited a douchenozzle attitude and got called out on both it and your mistaken impressions.
__________________
2012 XT1200Z Super Ténéré
2007 DL1000 V-Strom

"The point of the journey is not to arrive - Anything can Happen!"

Steve in ATL screwed with this post 08-28-2012 at 05:47 AM
Steve in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #378
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post


Unless you would like to bestow us with the magic information you possess.
Give a bunch of known dopers immunity to cry foul against a team mate, claim evidence that the accused can't see and use imaginary authority to "strip" wins that happened before your organization existed.
Sounds fair.
+1

For someone who appears to envision themselves as high brow elite; I would think he would produce the evidence he believes is so evident. It would seem to me he is the mudslinger, and fails to realize he is grabbing from the dung pile on this one.

You can hate Lance and that is fine, you can assume he doped that is your prerogative; but you really do not have hard evidence to prove it. Nor does Tygart, otherwise it would have been presented to the public or leaked to the public. It is all talk, talk, talk and that proves nothing either way.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #379
BMWORBUST
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Since you don't know me, or how much I know about this.
Please put me on ignore and run along to troll elsewhere.

But I guess you do posess all the evidence.
Don't you Mr. Tygart?
Interesting method of avoidence. Your comments illustrate that you don't know the subject matter, and because I know more than you then you say I'm a troll. Well, I guess I'm glad that I am because being smart is hard work and a virtue.

I have read, covered and debated this subject of Doping for two decades. I know what happened.

Lance was advised to give up which will ensure the evidence will never be presented. Case closed, so nothing comes out. His partner, his number one friend, the most loyal person he knows, and the person he dedicated two autobiagraphies to was going to testify under oath. George Hincapie, was going to get into details, but now he won't be heard.

It’s exceedingly rare for athletes to rat each other out for doping. It’s rarer still for someone with nothing to gain—that is, someone who isn’t Jose Canseco—to talk openly about a teammate’s drug use. When it does happen, it tends to be devastating. Even though Roger Clemens was ultimately found not guilty of perjury, his reputation was destroyed by Andy Pettitte’s declaration that the Rocket had told him he’d taken HGH. Hincapie’s testimony promised to be more extensive and direct, implicating himself as a participant—perhaps in exchange for a reduced suspension—in the alleged doping of Armstrong’s cycling teams. For a man who has called everyone who questioned him a liar and a fraud, this was an existential threat: The man he trusted most telling the whole world he cheated his way to the mountaintop.
BMWORBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #380
BMWORBUST
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 499
Nearly his entire team has admitted the truth. He hasn't though and probably never will. Do you believe one man over the many men who helped win him those titles?

Do you honestly believe he was clean while his whole team was cheating? Do you really believe they were all lying when they implicated him in teaching them how to do said cheating? Do you honestly believe that? If so, you're either five years old or delusional.

Let me guess: Jerry Sandusky was just misunderstood, right? All of those boys were lying too, just like Lance's teammates.
BMWORBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #381
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 8,420
My apologies, I mistook you for a troll when you are really an asshole.
Cool story Bro.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #382
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded
 
Dranrab Luap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Oddometer: 29,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWORBUST View Post
Interesting method of avoidence. Your comments illustrate that you don't know the subject matter, and because I know more than you then you say I'm a troll. Well, I guess I'm glad that I am because being smart is hard work and a virtue.

I have read, covered and debated this subject of Doping for two decades. I know what happened.

Lance was advised to give up which will ensure the evidence will never be presented. Case closed, so nothing comes out. His partner, his number one friend, the most loyal person he knows, and the person he dedicated two autobiagraphies to was going to testify under oath. George Hincapie, was going to get into details, but now he won't be heard.

It’s exceedingly rare for athletes to rat each other out for doping. It’s rarer still for someone with nothing to gain—that is, someone who isn’t Jose Canseco—to talk openly about a teammate’s drug use. When it does happen, it tends to be devastating. Even though Roger Clemens was ultimately found not guilty of perjury, his reputation was destroyed by Andy Pettitte’s declaration that the Rocket had told him he’d taken HGH. Hincapie’s testimony promised to be more extensive and direct, implicating himself as a participant—perhaps in exchange for a reduced suspension—in the alleged doping of Armstrong’s cycling teams. For a man who has called everyone who questioned him a liar and a fraud, this was an existential threat: The man he trusted most telling the whole world he cheated his way to the mountaintop.
Oh educated one,

Avoidance

Autobiographies
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #383
RTLover
Beastly Adventurer
 
RTLover's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: West-central France
Oddometer: 3,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWORBUST View Post
Nearly his entire team has admitted the truth. He hasn't though and probably never will. Do you believe one man over the many men who helped win him those titles?

Do you honestly believe he was clean while his whole team was cheating? Do you really believe they were all lying when they implicated him in teaching them how to do said cheating? Do you honestly believe that? If so, you're either five years old or delusional.

Let me guess: Jerry Sandusky was just misunderstood, right? All of those boys were lying too, just like Lance's teammates.
Surely at least some of the 'witnesses' will end up writing books or articles that should lay out the 'evidence'. I use those two words with caution because unless and until what they say convinces me, I will give LA the benefit of the doubt. In my career I crossed paths with many people who lied to save their own backsides at the expense of their friends or accomplices. Do I believe LA's team mates? Not without corroboration that is irrefutable. That may be a high bar but anything less would still leave a reasonable doubt, the standard by which we judge guilt.

The comparison with the Sandusky case doesn't fit. Those witnesses weren't testifying to salvage their careers or reputations.
__________________
R1200RT
RTLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #384
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWORBUST View Post
Lance was advised to give up which will ensure the evidence will never be presented. Case closed, so nothing comes out. His partner, his number one friend, the most loyal person he knows, and the person he dedicated two autobiagraphies to was going to testify under oath. George Hincapie, was going to get into details, but now he won't be heard.

It’s exceedingly rare for athletes to rat each other out for doping. It’s rarer still for someone with nothing to gain—that is, someone who isn’t Jose Canseco—to talk openly about a teammate’s drug use. When it does happen, it tends to be devastating. Even though Roger Clemens was ultimately found not guilty of perjury, his reputation was destroyed by Andy Pettitte’s declaration that the Rocket had told him he’d taken HGH. Hincapie’s testimony promised to be more extensive and direct, implicating himself as a participant—perhaps in exchange for a reduced suspension—in the alleged doping of Armstrong’s cycling teams. For a man who has called everyone who questioned him a liar and a fraud, this was an existential threat: The man he trusted most telling the whole world he cheated his way to the mountaintop.
1- we don't know what hincapie was going to testify. like pettite, it may have been "i think i heard...but i could be wrong." um, ok.
2- see highlights. i think lance cheated. to be as certain as you, i'd like to see a failed test or testimony from someone who has nothing to gain.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #385
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,770
Big fan of cycling and I idolized Lance, I really did. Not any more

As for him never having failed a test, he has but he found some bullshit way to get out of it - I forget the full details and I'm just too fucking jaded to go look but I seem to recall it involved a backdated prescription. How convenient.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #386
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded
 
Dranrab Luap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Oddometer: 29,881
This is an interesting read. Tygart sounds like an idiot of the highest order.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycli...D=r5mln1jr3w19
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #387
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 8,420
He simply wanted Lance to meet with him, grovel publicly, and kiss his ring.
Then he would bestow upon him the victories he earned.

He still claims to have stripped away his wins, when he has no power to do so.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #388
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,479
Roadie slapfight!

You guys take your shoes off before somebody slips and hits their head on the coffee shop table.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #389
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.
 
h2o_snow's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: North of Boise-vegas, ID
Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Roadie slapfight!

You guys take your shoes off before somebody slips and hits their head on the coffee shop table.

+1 Hey, hey that about sums this thread up.

Did vs did not. Who besides the lycra clad posers even cares now?

I respect the man for hammering down and beating a bunch of dope fiends 7X. He rode the ride, decided what he needed to do to win, and will need to live with it (the alleged doping) for the rest of his life.

Pretty big burden IMO. Paying the piper.

LA was a world class performer in a tainted sport. I accept it and don't give a rats ass other than I'd like to see his 40 year old triathlon racing results.
__________________
06 TE 610; 98 DR 650 - Sold: a past pleasure
02 XT225 - Wifey's ride
So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #390
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Big fan of cycling and I idolized Lance, I really did. Not any more

As for him never having failed a test, he has but he found some bullshit way to get out of it - I forget the full details and I'm just too fucking jaded to go look but I seem to recall it involved a backdated prescription. How convenient.
I stood in the park across from the Philadelphia Art Museum during the CoreStates PRO championship and every time Lance came by I cheered him with the same intensity I cheered Lemond when he was racing the Tour. When we heard Lance attacked on the Wall we were all giddy.
I feel like dolt.

Over the years he's proved himself no hero and I still think he's done his share to take cycling in the wrong direction-- that is, he's created a bunch of Tour watchers who every excuse and rationalisation why an elite rider can't attempt more than one grand tour or seriously race for the Monuments. And, quite honestly, I think he brought doping and the masking of it to new heights.
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014