Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #256
chipgibbs
ChipG

Oddometer: 122
Rotary magazines & qb 2078 stock

The rotary magazines are available from http://www.qbmags.com/ . I have had one for a couple years. The stock is available from Archer Airguns and I refinished it and added the grip cap and fore end tip.
The shroud is from Mountain Air and has been made quiet.

ChipG

ChipG
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #257
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
thanks chip. we can only get the most basic support for these rifles in the UK, the gunsmith that did some conversions and tuning parts went out of business. i got a few spares and a target stock from archers and it was cheaper than getting parts here. my rifle is a working gun so its not as fancy as yours, i just sprayed it matt black and touch it up as it gets beat up. (the stock is for tiny little chinese guys, i had to put 1.5" spacers on the buttpad to give it a 14" reach so my son and i could use it, and its still short for me. i got a bipod for it but the stock is so short i'll have to figure out how to barrel mount it.
mine is the '79 that uses 88g gas bottles or a paintball bottle but these are so expensive here i put a paintball quickchange in it to use a single 12g, get around 30 usable 40yd rabbit shots out of it, 40 for squirrels or rats closer up.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #258
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,647
Some nice looking "Air Rifles".

I bought a Gamo Varmint on a whim and oh my it shoots well. No targets, but it puts dinner on the table Here's the result of a .177 pellet at 65yds. Head shot

Grilled rabbit yum

The doves are nervous
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #259
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by davsato View Post
thanks chip. we can only get the most basic support for these rifles in the UK, the gunsmith that did some conversions and tuning parts went out of business. i got a few spares and a target stock from archers and it was cheaper than getting parts here. my rifle is a working gun so its not as fancy as yours, i just sprayed it matt black and touch it up as it gets beat up. (the stock is for tiny little chinese guys, i had to put 1.5" spacers on the buttpad to give it a 14" reach so my son and i could use it, and its still short for me. i got a bipod for it but the stock is so short i'll have to figure out how to barrel mount it.
mine is the '79 that uses 88g gas bottles or a paintball bottle but these are so expensive here i put a paintball quickchange in it to use a single 12g, get around 30 usable 40yd rabbit shots out of it, 40 for squirrels or rats closer up.

You must be a big dude....I am 5'8" 155 and it fits me just fine.

I just can't say enough good things about this rifle.....Many have tossed out the so accurate it is a bore....well yea....anything under say about 25yards is just a no brainer. Over that I am good for about 10-20 shots...I have not counted....then I think the pressure starts to drop and the pellets start to drop a little. Under 25 and I am good till the thing is about empty.

So far I have recharged the rifle 3 times....I have not counted the amount of shots I get from a pair of CO2 cartridges....just too much fun now to bother.

The bolt is also getting a little better to work....just getting worked in I guess.

I have gotten SO much trigger time I think it is going to really help me when I can finally get back to centerfire rifles. When I started I could not hit ANYTHING unless the gun was on a rest....now I am steady for about 10 shots then I get the shakes and my arm feels like I have done 100 push-ups.....but that is progress. Just last night I went 5 for 5 at 25yards off hand on a target a little smaller then the bottom of a pop can....after that I hit nothing, but that is the longest string to date.....getting better.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #260
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ad View Post
Just finished modding my urban squirrel gitter...crosman .177 2400 with a stock adapter & ahem..muzzle brake parts fabbed on my lathe. Also bored out the valve and did a trigger polish...eye shots @ 20 yds no prob.

I have a walled garden in the middle of the city with a pecan tree right in the middle which is a magnet for em...life is good.

that's seriously cool.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #261
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,739
killed another small raccoon last night with my RWS Diana .22. The past two nights the dogs went crazy at 0145. One shot, RWS hollow point, in a chestnut tree, about 25 feet, didn't bother to see where I hit him. There is at least one more of the bastards.

I love that rifle.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #262
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgibbs View Post
The rotary magazines are available from http://www.qbmags.com/ . I have had one for a couple years. The stock is available from Archer Airguns and I refinished it and added the grip cap and fore end tip.
The shroud is from Mountain Air and has been made quiet.

ChipG
Yeah, your rifle looks great, alright. I've got a 79 on order which should be here on Thursday. Today I ordered a QB mag as well. Now I'm shopping for a scope. They suggest the Leapers rings, but I want to try these, since they look more accurate:

http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-6-Long-Do...p/bkl-257h.htm

I want to think they'll help the scope clear the mag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC950
killed another small raccoon last night with my RWS Diana .22.
I've yet to shoot a break barrel, but I might buy one later this winter.

--"Nope, it's a playground"..
Fubars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #263
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,325
I have been shooting the crap out of this QB...the thing I have noticed is it does start to wonder when the pressure (I guess) starts to drop.

What is the best way get rid of the pressure....you can't unscrew the cap, so I just keep shooting till I can....but the pellets do tend to wonder all over the place.

Is this just the way it is?

Man I do like this rifle quite a bit.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #264
Bun-bun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
SCORE!
I went to a firearms auction yesterday, and among my other purchases picked up a matched pair of break barrel .177 target pistols from the Lucznik factory in Poland.
Really interesting weapons, they're actually spring loaded, with the spring in the grip and the trigger guard as part of the lever to cock the spring for firing. Couldn't pass 'em up.
1985 Honda XL600R - sold
Bun-bun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #265
Mr. B
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-bun View Post
SCORE!
I went to a firearms auction yesterday, and among my other purchases picked up a matched pair of break barrel .177 target pistols from the Lucznik factory in Poland.
Really interesting weapons, they're actually spring loaded, with the spring in the grip and the trigger guard as part of the lever to cock the spring for firing. Couldn't pass 'em up.
Talk, talk, talk! Lots of big talk, but we don't see any PICTURES!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #266
Boughan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
Link is in German, but very interesting info

http://www.muzzle.de/N3/Druckluft/Wa...m_lucznik.html

Flying is not so much an art, but the trick to throw yourself at the ground and miss... (Hitchhikers Guide)
Boughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #267
Bun-bun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boughan View Post
Link is in German, but very interesting info

http://www.muzzle.de/N3/Druckluft/Wa...m_lucznik.html
Good catch.
Pics to come.
1985 Honda XL600R - sold
Bun-bun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #268
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
PICTURES!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #269
Mr. B
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubars View Post

Cool! What is it?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #270
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

QB79, .177 cal. Went from CO2 to HPA paint ball tank. You're right, it *is* cool.

And my .22 cal RWS 34P will be here tomorrow. I've caught the air rifle bug, and this thread is responsible for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: