Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #46
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,125
Add KTMAmerica to the list of good retailers. Call Candy, she knows her stuff and...here's the trick: They are right down the road a bit from KTM in Ohio. If they don't have something in stock and KTM DOES have it in their warehouse, Candy WILL have it the next day.

Cool, huh?

http://www.ktmamerica.com/

Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #47
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,341
4 weeks plus for me now and my last email has gone unanswered.

I told them in the email they were getting a bad rep here because of their delays.

Not sure it will help but what the hell.
Goss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #48
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
I've always had good luck getting them on the phone to figure out what the status of my order is. So I'd call them.

That being said I won't be ordering anything else from them. I've had good luck with mumm racing and ktm-world
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #49
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,341
Thought I would give them some credit for e-mailing me an update this week. They did send me the engine parts they were able to get from KTM. The rest I had them cancel the order.
Goss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #50
Buggy6
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Go somewhere else. KTMTwins is great.

I ordered some parts from cycle hutt and it took 5mos. The last three emails i sent are still unanswered. It turns out they've had my hardparts that i needed for quite a while and held my order because of a backordered t-shirt...

Buggy
Buggy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #51
superhak31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Same for me. It's been months. I tried to cancel but no reply. It was only $25 luckily. Still sucks though
superhak31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #52
sama3033
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Cycle Hutt

No, something is up here - i order something from them a month ago - no show - no terrible big deal - it was a small item but I emailed them several times and got zero response - I mean nothing. I won't be using them again for ANYTHING. The worst.
sama3033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #53
Gunga Galunga
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
KTM Cycle Hutt

I should have searched this before. Nothing has changed in the way orders are processed, backorder is SOP with no specific ship date, and I've been charged. Gonna stick with CJ and Black Dog, they have been awesome!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #54
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,517
Guess I need to learn how to use the search functions better...

I can safely say it appears nothing has changed...I ordered a fuel filter kit from them in mid July after calling them first to make sure it was in stock...they told me it was.

Been told three times it's been shipped, but each time I ask for a tracking number they can't find it. Been trying to cancel the order for the past two weeks...can't get any response email or telephone.
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:57 AM   #55
Patron77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
That has been nothing but a nightmare for me to deal with. I would never use them again for any reason. Below is an email I sent to them after an order that was botched all to hell. I'll also say that it took 3 months for me to get my refund. Feel free to read the below email, or save yourself the trouble and just order from KTMTwins.com. As much as a nightmare as it was to deal with cycle-hutt, that's how easy it is to deal with ktmtwins. It's not that they are perfect, but they do everything they can to get it right or correct issues.

"I just wanted to send this email to you guys as I feel the service I was given with your company was absolutely terrible and deserves an email. When I placed my order (W0123910) with you guys on 4/22, I wasn't notified as I moved items into my basket that more than half of the 14 items or so I had ordered were unavailable or back ordered and wouldn't be able to be shipped for 2 weeks. I only found that out when I called on Tuesday to check on the status of the order as I never received an email confirmation for the original order. I spoke with a rep who told me that the order wasn't going out at all until all items were avail (something I would definitely expect you to be proactive about and notify your customer). After reviewing what items you "did" have in stock, I asked that this part be shipped and the rest of the order canceled so I could order the parts from another company. I stressed I needed them by Friday. Still no confirmation came to me so I called back on Wednesday to follow up on order. I was then told by another rep that the parts had not shipped yet, and that some of the parts I was told were included in the revised order were not avail, and others I was told were, weren't. So the order I placed with the other company now has duplicate parts in it, and your order would not be all that I expected to get. *Leaving me short on parts. At this point I was stuck, so I just asked that the order be shipped so it would arrive by Friday. I was again assured it would. With still no working tracking number, I called back again today to follow up on my order. Yet today I was told my order wouldn't arrive until Monday or Tuesday. *I can only assume this was a total guess by this third rep. It doesn't really matter at this point as the parts were needed by today and Monday would be too late. Although i haven't received the parts yet, so I guess there is still time for something else to go wrong with the order. Meanwhile the parts ordered from your competition have already arrived today. Exactly when needed, and as promised. When I told the rep today that my order had been completely butchered and jammed me completely up, and that this would most def be the last order I would place with you guys. His response was a very telling "ok". Just terrible service. *You might think in this economy, that businesses like yours would really try to work with customers to make sure of repeat business. I guess you guys have a dif philosophy."
Patron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #56
Cdaledude
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Worst mail order experience ever

I should have done a search on here first before trying these idiots. I placed an order on 7/16 and still have not recieved it. I tried to communicate with them but was only able to do that by opening a payal dispute (which I had to escalate to a claim). They do not answer any emails and they do not answer the phone. I must have called dozens of times only to get the answering machine every time (despite the fact I was calling between 10am and 2pm MST, which is their stated customer service hours!). after opening the dispute with paypal they provided a tracking number for my order. When going to track it on UPS it showed that only a tracking number was created, not that an actual package was shipped. It stayed that way for a full week! Finally UPS shows that there is a package on the way since last night.

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN NOT TO EITHER!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #57
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 290
I made 2 orders through them on the same day, about 5 products totaling over $300 for Christmas gifts. A week later they sent an email that said "the 'item' will ship in 4 or 5 days. Then a couple of days later, another email said, "the item (they don't name the item) is on back order until 12-24-10....AND I'M UNHAPPY. . . .

Funny I should find this - I've never had any trouble with these guys in North Dakota. And they've actually returned phone calls to my house. So, I won't get into this any further.

Anyway, to put a plug in for my local dealer - they're not a 'mail-order' house, but they do pride themselves on stocking virturally all (current) parts. So, if it's a part you NEED TOMORROW, I imagine shipping could be arranged. Try WheelSports, (KTM exclusive dealer) Columbus/Reynoldsburg, Ohio - (614) 864-0010. Also, Athens (Ohio) SportCycles, (800) 592-4464. Both of these dealers have always been heavily involved in off-road racing in the southern Ohio scene so they're not some 'Johhny-come-Lately' that decided it would be 'cool' to sell KTM motorcycles.

I will agree, getting good service is the exception to the rule anymore - and the cheapest product a dealer can provide. It's getting hard to get someone to take my money anymore.

Good Luck.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #58
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,224
Cyclehutt use to send bible verses along with their orders. I asked them to stop and they did.

Then later I heard that they tried to register the domain name of KTM690 and sell it to KTM. KTM threaten to sue them over it. Cyclehutt backed down.

Seemed odd to me that they were willing to preach to me. But turned around and tried to stick it to KTM.

After that I would use their online microfiche but order parts from other online dealers.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #59
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,166
I ordered a quick release skid plate and an oil filter and drain plug set. They sent the skid with a note saying the other parts would ship separately. Still no drain plug set. Its been 3 weeks. I don't like that.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #60
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Oddometer: 1,376
What Would Jesus Do?

I bought my 2005.5 950 Adventure from them in 2006. Justin picked me up at Bismark International (LOL) took me to the shop, let me use his warehouse to don my gear, etc. We did the deal and I was on the road with a huge smile in a short time.

It pains me to hear this negative stuff.

I 'pray' they get it together...

Pointman
IBA #5
CarsonTahoeAdventureMoto.com
Pointman0853 is offline   Reply With Quote