Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,653
What are they worth??

I'd like to upgrade my GPS's I have a Garmin GPSMAP 76S and an Oregon 400T. I have a Ram mount for both. Pretty sure I have the manuals and possibly the original boxes. Both are in good working order with only minor wear on the cases.

I also have a Nuvi 660 but I think I am going to keep that for the wifes car.

What are these going for??? Did an Ebay search and didn't come up with much.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,493
Not Much....

With new, latest and greatest products appearing frequently and product support life being shortened at the same time, value is going down hill fast for used devices. These days 'last years model' usually gets heavilly discounted when it's replacement is about to be announced then it drops more when buyers flock to the new version. A device that was selling for $500 will be on sale for $250 when the new model appears, OK if $250 new on sale, then used should be..... not much. There are exceptions, sometimes a new model seems more fluff than substance and a dedicated following will cling to their favorite and buy up 'spares'. Eventually the 'that model is no longer supported' factor brings an end to that. I think you can still find discounted 76s @West Marine, I have yet to 'buy in' to touch screens so don't watch the for Oregons, no idea there.
We are living in a time when a large percentage of the population seems to expect to 'need' to buy a new $300 to $500 phone at least every other year. The rest of the consumer electronics industry would really like to see that come their way as well. It is all a process that I lament, in theory my computer will still do (6 years after purchase) everything that I needed it to do when it was new and whether or not to replace it should be an option based on wanting/needing to do more. In practice, it doesn't always work out that way, sometimes changes really have to be made often it just happens so that the developers can appear productive in my opinion. YMMV.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

The reason I want to upgrade is the 76s is just plain old. Its a very accurate GPS and great for marine use. The Oregon is not great for the bike. No audible turn by turn directions either. The Nuvi won't accept routes imported into it. Just waypoints.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Camber View Post
The reason I want to upgrade is the 76s is just plain old. Its a very accurate GPS and great for marine use. The Oregon is not great for the bike. No audible turn by turn directions either. The Nuvi won't accept routes imported into it. Just waypoints.
I try to be as "visible" as possible on the bike. Does that need an explanation?
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for that informative reply??
Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
76CSx is on sale for $149 these days, but yours has the RAM mount. Try for $125 with the mount??

Or just keep the 76S as a spare.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,837
You could check what they are going for on ebay.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah that was the first thing I did, not to many used ones though....

I guess I'll put them in ebay and see what I get...
Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Camber View Post
Thanks for that informative reply??
I don't know enough about those electronic gadgets to utter a cognisant reply. My wife mans the gps. I was replying to your sub-title about being invisible. If you're not interested in remarks about it, why display it on every post. Not pickin on you per se, it's just a very concerning issue with me, not being seen. Wearing all black, black helmet, black bike and bitching every time some old fart pulls out in front of you..........whatsa matter, you blind? Yeah, they are!
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
I don't know enough about those electronic gadgets to utter a cognisant reply. My wife mans the gps. I was replying to your sub-title about being invisible. If you're not interested in remarks about it, why display it on every post. Not pickin on you per se, it's just a very concerning issue with me, not being seen. Wearing all black, black helmet, black bike and bitching every time some old fart pulls out in front of you..........whatsa matter, you blind? Yeah, they are!

You may have wanted to point out that your were referring to my signature...may have made the post clearer....at least start with "a bit off topic but regarding your signature"

Since you inquired, the quote is part of a longer quote from a video Half Throttle did...

See Video here

Its about riding for riding.....not showing off at Starbucks.....