ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #5326
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man
 
bobzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost & Found again in the Great Basin
Oddometer: 908
Cranky
make sure you do something to keep the filter from pulling the air from down low. the maintenance interval on the pod when I had the airbox fuel cell is what made me go back to the stock airbox....not that I like it and after geting the safari tank i built a tool box in the airbox place but the danm filter was clogged after 4 hours in the dez and i was too unskilled / lazy to make a baffle around the pod. with you moving it up and to the rear you should be in much better shape than i was.

you going to sell a kit for the loom?

you seem to have the same problem i do......hate the bike/love the bike
__________________
Ride the DEZ
05 FE 550 Husaberg plated
08 FE 650 Husaberg plated
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #5327
Oz-Strom
Still trying
 
Oz-Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Brisbane Australia
Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
The clamp for the boot connecting the air box to the throttle body? That should not be sliding off.
I have had the same problem. My boot/flange seemed to be mis-shaped so I have ordered a new one and I have been advised to use a wider hose clamp instead of the narrow std KTM part to assist with proper fitment.
__________________
Cheers
Graham
Oz-Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #5328
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there
 
thorinoakenshield's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: ☼
Oddometer: 453
clean speed engineering brake lever

hi folks,
With the clean speed engineering brake lever , how far down can you adjust the lever? I can't get it lower than flush with the footpeg. Is that normal? I'd like it to be slightly lower.
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #5329
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Cranky
make sure you do something to keep the filter from pulling the air from down low. the maintenance interval on the pod when I had the airbox fuel cell is what made me go back to the stock airbox....not that I like it and after geting the safari tank i built a tool box in the airbox place but the danm filter was clogged after 4 hours in the dez and i was too unskilled / lazy to make a baffle around the pod. with you moving it up and to the rear you should be in much better shape than i was.

you going to sell a kit for the loom?

you seem to have the same problem i do......hate the bike/love the bike
I really love the chassis and the motor but the harness is shit and I'm not going to chase random broken wire problems in the middle of nowhere. My 390 berg is rock solid, never a burp or a glitch and I think it's because of the simplicity of the harness and EFI system. The reality is that I love riding in the desert but I like to ride at a good pace. I'm not talented enough to ride the SE like that but a small bike like a 530 is way too small for me, the 690 is a good compromise. I hate giving up, must be all that time in the Military


Forgot to answer your question about buying a loom. I won't be selling them but Matt at DSG http://www.dentsport.com/ Is the one making the harness and building the FI maps for the Micro squirt. He could very easily make a few more if you want to go with the Microsquirt system. Let me get mine done and tuned and we can go from there though. We'll be spending some time on the dyno to get it right and then I'll do some trail banging, road riding and some fast rally roads to dial it in before I would consider sharing the maps.
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #5330
Night Crawler
Adventurer
 
Night Crawler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 93
[QUOTE=Gros Buck;19476095]The air box is made out of three main parts. Left, right (which is essentially a mirror of the right) and the air filter support. All parts are thermo glue together.

I had an air box changed under warranty because the air filter support was not air tight. And it was very hard to see.


Thanks for the help guys. I believe this might be the problem, the filter support (flat area on top) of mine seems to be curved a bit (lower in the center) when you look at it from the side. It is hard to tell for certain though and would like to confirm with others that it is not supposed to be like this. -Might take you up on the offer BK RD RNR
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #5331
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!
 
Roadracer_Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorinoakenshield View Post
hi folks,
With the clean speed engineering brake lever , how far down can you adjust the lever? I can't get it lower than flush with the footpeg. Is that normal? I'd like it to be slightly lower.
Yes, you can --- you have to cut the pushrod shorter.
__________________
------------------------------
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
------------------------------
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #5332
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer
 
Evil Invader's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Hell-sing-land, Sweden
Oddometer: 691
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
you seem to have the same problem i do......hate the bike/love the bike
Don´t we all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I really love the chassis and the motor but the harness is shit and I'm not going to chase random broken wire problems in the middle of nowhere. My 390 berg is rock solid, never a burp or a glitch and I think it's because of the simplicity of the harness and EFI system. The reality is that I love riding in the desert but I like to ride at a good pace. I'm not talented enough to ride the SE like that but a small bike like a 530 is way too small for me, the 690 is a good compromise. I hate giving up, must be all that time in the Military


Forgot to answer your question about buying a loom. I won't be selling them but Matt at DSG http://www.dentsport.com/ Is the one making the harness and building the FI maps for the Micro squirt. He could very easily make a few more if you want to go with the Microsquirt system. Let me get mine done and tuned and we can go from there though. We'll be spending some time on the dyno to get it right and then I'll do some trail banging, road riding and some fast rally roads to dial it in before I would consider sharing the maps.
Music to my ears! Thank you for making an effort!
__________________
690 "DIY" thread (incl. "Rallybike build"): http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708813

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 AM   #5333
RoninMoto
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: In the mountains?
Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Time to start a new thread Aaron ...

Where do you intend to install the air temp sensor ??? Also, This will impact your capacity to cross rivers, no ?

Paul Jr 8
I mounted the temp sensor in a piece of aluminum (bottom of pic). The sensor itself is sealed.

__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 125,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #5334
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Anti gravity battery on the way! 1.7 lbs Trying to decide what to construct my electronics tray out of, alum is pretty easy but maybe HDPE is a better choice? CF would be cool but I have zero experience with it.
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #5335
wino975
Adventurer
 
wino975's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: In the Alps
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
this is exactly what we need I have just email xtrig , asking for them to make these to suit the 690
any reply from xtrig?
wino975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #5336
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,987
Five blinks?

Let out for work this morning and the bike dies about a mile and a half from the house. Idled fine, and ran perfect until it didn't

In my sweat filled eyes as I pushed it home I think I spied five blinks from the FI light. Anyone know where I can find a list of the codes online so I can fret over it in my office until I get home?
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #5337
690Emaf10
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Lancaster, pa
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Let out for work this morning and the bike dies about a mile and a half from the house. Idled fine, and ran perfect until it didn't

In my sweat filled eyes as I pushed it home I think I spied five blinks from the FI light. Anyone know where I can find a list of the codes online so I can fret over it in my office until I get home?

I checked the manual online and it shows 5 short blinks is the side stand switch.

Below is a link to the site i found the manual

http://www.ktm.com/dealer-service/se...documents.html
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #5338
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: North of North New Portland
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Let out for work this morning and the bike dies about a mile and a half from the house. Idled fine, and ran perfect until it didn't

In my sweat filled eyes as I pushed it home I think I spied five blinks from the FI light. Anyone know where I can find a list of the codes online so I can fret over it in my office until I get home?
PM me. I have an additional cheat sheet I got from Rally Raid on the flashing codes. I can email it to you.
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #5339
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,987
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #5340
Maxacceleration
Awol
 
Maxacceleration's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Wa
Oddometer: 2,203
My error code of one long, three short related to the air sensor was broken wires at the plug that clips to the air sensor.
Fixt. But yes broken wires already on my 2000 mile old bike. I also put in the proper resistor in the plug where my smog equip is removed.

I had the EVO 2 map installed (for the air filter that mounts directly to the TB).
We'll see how that goes.
My previous map was the EVO 1 which is for the open top airbox (no snorkel), which worked pretty well except for occasional flameouts in technical slow riding. That could of been due to low speed riding (and stock gearing) through technical stuff.

Gonna put the hammer down today.

I agree with the love/hate thing.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015