Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
kmroxo OP
Reno Rider

Oddometer: 342
It was in the flea market about a year or so ago. I wasn't in a position to buy it at that time. I decided to get one recently and it turned out it had never sold so I scooped it up.

kmroxo screwed with this post 09-01-2012 at 04:34 AM
kmroxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #17
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsworks View Post
Very nice, just what I was thinking. Did I miss where the hack came from? The Flea Market?
James

The heck with that...........where'd you get the GIRLFRIEND..........???

Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #18
fabian adv
n00b

Oddometer: 4
kmroxo

Hi My name is Paweł and I try to build motorcycle with sidecar: BMW 1150 GSA and Ural. I have some qestions: Do You had any problem with sidecare during ride like vibration on stearing wheel. Did You construct turn shock absorber? Occure any cracks on the basic construction? How many liters of petrol consume Your machine?Do You have any drawings or instruction from Your old sidecar (angle and distant beetwen wheel from sidecar and motorcycle are important for me). Thanks for Your answer Paweł (Poland)
fabian adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian adv View Post
Hi My name is Paweł and I try to build motorcycle with sidecar: BMW 1150 GSA and Ural. I have some qestions: Do You had any problem with sidecare during ride like vibration on stearing wheel. Did You construct turn shock absorber? Occure any cracks on the basic construction? How many liters of petrol consume Your machine?Do You have any drawings or instruction from Your old sidecar (angle and distant beetwen wheel from sidecar and motorcycle are important for me). Thanks for Your answer Paweł (Poland)
Pawel,

Your best bet is to contact a sidecar company in Europe to obtain a subframe & mounts to attach your Ural tub to your 1150GSA. You absolutely do not want to build that yourself, the 1150s have been around long enough that there are people out there in the sidecar business who have worked out the right way to mount a sidecar to them. A properly engineered mounting system will prevent cracks to you bikes frame from stress related to the additional load of he sidecar.

With the standard fork setup you should not have much steering feedback, in fact you may find it to be a bit on the stiff side. A steering damper is commonly employed after the front fork angle has been changed (modified) to make the rig's steering easier. But, the answer is, if you leaving your forks alone you most likely won't need a "turn shock absorber".

I recommend you buy a mounting system and after attaching the sidecar, see how the steering feels and make those modifications/additions only if you feel like you need them.

I only recommend the European sidecar company because I don't know what would be involved in having it imported to Poland from CSM or DMC. I hope Claude or Jay will add their thoughts to this.