ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #541
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer
 
liquidsmile's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Oddometer: 1,352
Nice pics. Looks like a great place to watch a game. I wish you guys would have covered the spread though.

Barkley looked good, and he should continue his Heisman run against Syracuse this weekend.

It is funny, Syracuse is ranked number 1 right now in passing yards, 470, and still managed to lose to Northwestern by a point. Their defense must be atrocious.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #542
svs
All Hands on Deck!
 
svs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 24,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Nice pics. Looks like a great place to watch a game. I wish you guys would have covered the spread though.

Barkley looked good, and he should continue his Heisman run against Syracuse this weekend.

It is funny, Syracuse is ranked number 1 right now in passing yards, 470, and still managed to lose to Northwestern by a point. Their defense must be atrocious.
They looked out of Sync, and yet still connected. The best part of the game was how well a very inexperienced defensive (line) unit performed.

Game one over. Syracuse will offer a much better test for the defense. The offensive unit will improve with every game. The only people stopping them will be themselves. Which seems to happen at least once or twice a year against certain un-named state schools...

Alabama - USC is what I think we're going to see when the season is said and done....
__________________
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #543
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,632
Ohio 24
Penn State 14

Penn State has not won a football game since 1997.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #544
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.
 
h2o_snow's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: North of Boise-vegas, ID
Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
I'll have to interject, that Boise would have been murdered if not for many Maxwell mistakes. I have to hope with time he can clean those up. The ground game looked phenomenal and the defense was solid as well. Going forward it will be maxwell who determines what Sparty will do this year.

I was extremely conflicted during this game - my team of choice hosting my favorite bcs buster. Oh well.
Don't think so. The BSU secondary was too strong.

Give credit to the Boise coaching staff. They took a team with 7 returning starters and were in the whole game despite being dominated by both Michigan State lines, having no run game nor run stopping ability. Southwick will improve - the recievers are too good, know the short possession game (but we lack a true downfield threat.) Harper is a good back. The lines will be our weak point this year.

I was encouraged enough by the D to think that BSU will do pretty well in conference. Regarding BYU on 9/20 its on the Blue and we shall see if the lads can pull it together. The coaching is too good to have a total crap season but............no bracket busing for us this year.

Coulda, shoulda, woodha.......if we had only scored a TD. 3 trips in the 5 and 2 field goals. At least Kellen Moore made the Lions roster.
__________________
06 TE 610; 98 DR 650 - Sold: a past pleasure
02 XT225 - Wifey's ride
So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #545
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.
 
h2o_snow's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: North of Boise-vegas, ID
Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Nice pics. Looks like a great place to watch a game. I wish you guys would have covered the spread though.

Barkley looked good, and he should continue his Heisman run against Syracuse this weekend.

It is funny, Syracuse is ranked number 1 right now in passing yards, 470, and still managed to lose to Northwestern by a point. Their defense must be atrocious.
Remember, "You can't spell sucks w/o SU".

Spent a year there in the early 80's. Forgetable except for watching JAPS in heels loose it on the steep icy hills in winter.
__________________
06 TE 610; 98 DR 650 - Sold: a past pleasure
02 XT225 - Wifey's ride
So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #546
svs
All Hands on Deck!
 
svs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 24,513
That happened PDQ....

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Alabama is the new No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll, moving past Southern California after its resounding victory against Michigan.

The Crimson Tide swayed more than enough voters with its 41-14 win Saturday night in Texas to overtake the preseason No. 1 Trojans, who beat Hawaii 49-10. USC entered that game a 40-point favorite at home.
The Tide receives 45 first-place votes, up 28 from last week. USC draws 11 first-place votes and No. 3 LSU four.

It's the 47th time Alabama has been No. 1, the 16th under coach Nick Saban.

This is the 86th time in the 76-year history of the AP media poll that the top-ranked team won and dropped in the rankings. It's happened at least once every year since 2007.
__________________
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #547
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer
 
liquidsmile's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Oddometer: 1,352
Either one can make a claim for first, and right now they are the best teams in the country. Still a long season to go though.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #548
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,761


Texas A&M's poking the bear.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #549
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer
 
liquidsmile's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Oddometer: 1,352
My friend sent me that picture today. They have not played one game in the SEC and they are already talking shit.

Mizzou is already talking shit too, saying how they are going to win the East and how if they play their game no one can hang with them.

I honestly think that Mark Richt is going to be playing most of our defensive starters that were missing the first game, Rambo and Ogletree, from what I have read, they should only be facing a one game suspension and served it against Buffalo.

Mitchell will be back as well, I have heard that he was walking around campus with no crutches last Saturday night. Todd Grantham is going to have this defense amped up. With everyone else back on defense, it is going to be long night for Mizzou. If not, it will probably be a pretty close game.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #550
]I)Money
D NOT I
 
]I)Money's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Central central.
Oddometer: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Mizzou is already talking shit too, saying how they are going to win the East and how if they play their game no one can hang with them.

... it is going to be long night for Mizzou.
"THEY" are not talking shit. ONE defensive player (though a damned good one, Sheldon Richardson) went off the reservation and talked a little to reporters. In context, he was talking about the utter lack of respect that Mizzou has received from the SEC talking heads ("After we beat Mizzou..."), and that "if we execute, we can hang with anybody." I don't know why the Bleacher report misquoted him, but I heard his exact words on the radio on the way home.

Georgia might come in and win. I think it's a tossup game, myself, and I think it is the championship game for the East.

Neither team is going to be holding anything back; this game is too important to the rest of the season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
Yes, but everything you've ever posted in the basement indicates that you're certifiably crazy, so you don't count.

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #551
Hoots Magoon
Hey ya'll, Watch this!
 
Hoots Magoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Redneck in New England
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
With everyone else back on defense, it is going to be long night for Mizzou. If not, it will probably be a pretty close game.
Mizzou 38 UGA 24. I'm not buying the Georgia hype.


ROLL TIDE ROLL <---Mash the link
__________________

Hoots Magoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #552
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer
 
liquidsmile's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Oddometer: 1,352
With the problems UGA showed against a mobile qb last weekend, I am definitely worried about this game. I just hope we come prepared and have most of defense back for this game. It is going to be a physical game, you can count on that.

Mizzou has a lot to prove, and it being a night game on the road it is going to make for an exciting atmosphere.

I guess we will see who shows up to play on Saturday. I can't wait, I am ready to get this one behind us.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #553
Jurgen
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 40,785
Back from NOLA.

Unfortunately the nephew didn't have his college debut due to injury. The Green Wave did play better than in 2011, but hurt themselves with stoooopid penalties, and other penalties too. Played Rutgers well, but allowed big plays.
There is Hope in New Orleans.

UNM has already won as many games in 2012 as it did in 2011, 2010 and 2009. Beat up on poor Southern. Hopefully things are looking up here in ABQ.

Colorado State beat c.u. Note the "weak" MWC did pretty well against the vaunted PAC12.

Didn't see the game, but it seems clear 'bama is the best team in the country.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I'm sorry your dog died before you got to beat it with a dead chicken.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #554
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
My friend sent me that picture today. They have not played one game in the SEC and they are already talking shit.

Mizzou is already talking shit too, saying how they are going to win the East and how if they play their game no one can hang with them.

I honestly think that Mark Richt is going to be playing most of our defensive starters that were missing the first game, Rambo and Ogletree, from what I have read, they should only be facing a one game suspension and served it against Buffalo.

Mitchell will be back as well, I have heard that he was walking around campus with no crutches last Saturday night. Todd Grantham is going to have this defense amped up. With everyone else back on defense, it is going to be long night for Mizzou. If not, it will probably be a pretty close game.
I love it. Welcome to the ferocious, dysfunctional family. If they weren't point and a half favorites, I'd find it a whole lot funnier. In other news, I actually did some riding this weekend.



It had been a while.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #555
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer
 
wiseanhyzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]I)Money View Post
"THEY" are not talking shit. ONE defensive player (though a damned good one, Sheldon Richardson) went off the reservation and talked a little to reporters. In context, he was talking about the utter lack of respect that Mizzou has received from the SEC talking heads ("After we beat Mizzou..."), and that "if we execute, we can hang with anybody." I don't know why the Bleacher report misquoted him, but I heard his exact words on the radio on the way home.

Georgia might come in and win. I think it's a tossup game, myself, and I think it is the championship game for the East.

Neither team is going to be holding anything back; this game is too important to the rest of the season.
I know I'll be wound up really tight before kick off. This is exactly the sort of game Georgia has made a habit of losing. If we had our full defense then I'd be more confident but I think there's a good chance UGA comes home losers. It will be a very spirited game I imagine. Hopefully not too many stupid unsportsman like penalties and crap.
__________________

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014