Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #15571
Bowtie76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteraug02 View Post

Here is the win, grabbing a BIG old handful of front brake and staying in control until stopped. Look at the passenger struggling to stay in her seat while he stops.

Good on him.
Bowtie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #15572
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,293
I have to say, that crash sequence is tough. Looks like the folks on the red bike weren't doing anything wrong and got taken out.

Also, you have to get to a point where you put down the fucking camera and help. Those last two shots look identical, and I'm sure no one had called 911 yet, and I bet they needed it. Even though it's just seconds difference, it's still "killboy" making money off other people's pain and injuries.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #15573
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 4,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I have to say, that crash sequence is tough. Looks like the folks on the red bike weren't doing anything wrong and got taken out.

Also, you have to get to a point where you put down the fucking camera and help. Those last two shots look identical, and I'm sure no one had called 911 yet, and I bet they needed it. Even though it's just seconds difference, it's still "killboy" making money off other people's pain and injuries.
And help is what? 20 minutes away on The Dragon?

It is wicked to look at that sequence.
OldPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #15574
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,369
Quote:
Um, yeah, the camera will shoot a lot of frames in short order just holding the button down.

Yeah, I'm betting no one will call 911 for another 15 minutes, AT LEAST, since that is about how close the nearest phone, and it cell service is.

You know that the various killpeoples usually give away the crash shots.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #15575
Dan-M
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Quote:

Hard to say from the sequence but following too closely and target fixation come to mind. There looks to be a large open area to avoid the downed. Same with the guy who ran over the downed rider.
I guess swerving was not an option in either case.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #15576
Tip Over
Whoopsie!

Oddometer: 1,024

Took me a second look to see it.

Custom fiberglass work for a doggy door on that side. The things we do for our dogs.
Tip Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #15577
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,312
Quote:

I fully agree, think everyone should have run and crowded around the injured people. Lots and lots of rubberneckers as up close and personal to an injured person is exactly what is needed. Preferably packed in so close that that they all can help. I find that what is needed is more people, someone to pull their helmet off, someone to tell them not to pull the helmet off, someone else to move them around, another person to tell them to stand up, and another one to tell them to lay down. Hopefully we can get enough people "helping" that we can suck up all the oxygen.

Since you're so sure that no one called 911 and that no one was offering help, I'm sure that the guy next in line was a doctor and his wife is an RN, and the guy behind him is a dentist, and the guy next is the "can you hear me now" guy from Verizon, so everyone is pretty much covered so why not snap a photo or two?
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #15578
Tip Over
Whoopsie!

Helmet fit fail and helmet strap fail.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #15579
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

Oddometer: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlemdog View Post

Helmet fit fail and helmet strap fail.
That's all you can find?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #15580
Tip Over
Whoopsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiffynimrod View Post
That's all you can find?
I gotta leave something for yall to find.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #15581
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher

Oddometer: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
I fully agree, think everyone should have run and crowded around the injured people. Lots and lots of rubberneckers as up close and personal to an injured person is exactly what is needed. Preferably packed in so close that that they all can help. I find that what is needed is more people, someone to pull their helmet off, someone to tell them not to pull the helmet off, someone else to move them around, another person to tell them to stand up, and another one to tell them to lay down. Hopefully we can get enough people "helping" that we can suck up all the oxygen.

Since you're so sure that no one called 911 and that no one was offering help, I'm sure that the guy next in line was a doctor and his wife is an RN, and the guy behind him is a dentist, and the guy next is the "can you hear me now" guy from Verizon, so everyone is pretty much covered so why not snap a photo or two?
This is from the link:

"Hey, to anyone that doesn’t know yet……

Dianne and I have been off work since Aug 30th because of some fucking idiot with his head buried up his ass. Thought you might want to see something that you are not likely to ever see again. A head on crash with two motorcycles! Dianne and I were on the Dragon with a dozen of our best friends and this is what happened. I have 10 broken ribs and 2 broken vertebrae. Be mindful of idiots on bikes coming around a curve, they might not know what the fuck they are doing! The photos were taken by a professional photographer at the side of the road as it happened. My bike stopped at the point of impact. It hurled Dianne and me off the bike like rag dolls. Hurt like a Mother Fucker too! They had to put me on a helicopter and life flight me to the hospital in Knoxville.

Jay and Dianne"

I'm no paramedic but first aid is ABC. Airway, are they breathing,mouth to mouth? Bleeding, are they going to bleed out, stop bleeding. Circulation, keep the heart pumping. If they are conscious and screaming, not bleeding, they are good until the pros arrive, unless you want to yank their helmet off or pull on their broken bones. Am I wrong?

I was second on scene to a wreck once, first on scene were friends of the victims. The girl was thrown out of the windshield and screaming in pain. The friends were trying to keep her calm. When the Fire Department showed up I told them both were conscious and the girl was in pain but not bleeding a lot. They calmly got their stuff and checked them out.

This requires immediate attention. Happened in GA the other day wrong way driver on I-85 near the airport.

Video
http://bcove.me/w7om618s
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #15582
ultrachrome
Poser

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
The red bike seems awfully close to the center line. It looks like he was just going through the turn hugging the center line instead of staying to the right and setting up for a late apex which would provide better odds for avoiding a collision.
ultrachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #15583
vfxdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
Is it just me or does that last picture look like a couple of midgets on minibikes?

Odd tags, and sequential.
UK plates. Probably a British couple living the dream, having shipped their bikes to the US and found a store that sells extra-large helmets.
vfxdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #15584
mneblett
Professional Lurker

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrachrome View Post
The red bike seems awfully close to the center line. It looks like he was just going through the turn hugging the center line instead of staying to the right and setting up for a late apex which would provide better odds for avoiding a collision.
Doubt it would have made much of a difference -- the other guy was already down and sliding in the direction across the red bike's path (note the silver bike's already on its side at the point of contact). If, if, if -- if red bike was going slower, if he was to the right 10 feet, if he had left the crossroads of time 10 seconds later (or earlier) -- if, if, if.

Seems more a matter of the fates deciding his time was up - he came around a turn, driving in a normal manner on his side of the road, to face an unexpected crash sliding *across* his lane. I doubt many of us would have been able to avoid contact, no matter what evasive action was taken.
mneblett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #15585
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,002
Quote:
This requires immediate attention. Happened in GA the other day wrong way driver on I-85 near the airport.

Video
http://bcove.me/w7om618s
omg, what is wrong with people? Any word on the reason driver of the little pickup was speeding down the wrong way? Is that you on the bike?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote