Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #15601
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
I fully agree, think everyone should have run and crowded around the injured people. Lots and lots of rubberneckers as up close and personal to an injured person is exactly what is needed. Preferably packed in so close that that they all can help. I find that what is needed is more people, someone to pull their helmet off, someone to tell them not to pull the helmet off, someone else to move them around, another person to tell them to stand up, and another one to tell them to lay down. Hopefully we can get enough people "helping" that we can suck up all the oxygen.

Since you're so sure that no one called 911 and that no one was offering help, I'm sure that the guy next in line was a doctor and his wife is an RN, and the guy behind him is a dentist, and the guy next is the "can you hear me now" guy from Verizon, so everyone is pretty much covered so why not snap a photo or two?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post

If I can help I will, if I can't I'm not going to try.

As for blaming a photog for taking photos instead of "helping" because someone is "sure" that no one has done anything.

Okey Dokey. Next time either of you crash I hope someone is there to get pictures so your pain and suffering can be gawked at by a bunch of strangers on the internet. Nothing like deriving entertainment from other people's pain. Hey, while we're at it, why not a photo sequence of their children when they get informed of their parents injuries! That'd be a fucking hoot! Even better, what if someone DIES! Wow, a fucking gold mine! We can do the reveal to the grieving family, the sobbing people graveside, there's no end of entertainment value!

Yeah, fine, maybe he couldn't have helped them, but he certainly could have showed a little respect to their pain and suffering.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #15602
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander View Post
Every photographer working on the hill is causing a potential crash zone.
True, because there are a lot of fucking idiots that can't focus for the duration of the ride instead of grandstanding!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #15603
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
Can't even see the yellow line in the first pic of the series.
DOH!

We have been over this and over this.

THERE IS NO CENTER LINE AT THAT POINT DUE TO AN ACCESS ROAD COMING IN FROM THE SIDE. You can't see a center line because there isn't one. In the 2nd pic the START of the line can be seen about a foot behind the rear tire of the red bike, in its shadow. The red bike is very close to the line but the tires are not over it.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #15604
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Okey Dokey. Next time either of you crash I hope someone is there to get pictures so your pain and suffering can be gawked at by a bunch of strangers on the internet. Nothing like deriving entertainment from other people's pain. Hey, while we're at it, why not a photo sequence of their children when they get informed of their parents injuries! That'd be a fucking hoot! Even better, what if someone DIES! Wow, a fucking gold mine! We can do the reveal to the grieving family, the sobbing people graveside, there's no end of entertainment value!

Yeah, fine, maybe he couldn't have helped them, but he certainly could have showed a little respect to their pain and suffering.
Have you ever bothered to think that maybe at some point those photos could be used in an accident reconstruction?

From beginning to end, the photos encompass maybe 5 seconds.

But you naturally assume that after the photos were taken that the photog didn't put the camera down and start assisting at the scene. From what I've read on this thread, that is totally not the fucking case.

THERE IS NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY IN PUBLIC.

That road is a public place. What the photogs are doing is not against the law.

Better not let the police take photos of a crime scene, because I guaran-damn-tee you those pics will end up on the internet.

Whassamatta, has babby never seen a gore thread on an image board?

Welcome to the internet.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #15605
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
Can't even see the yellow line in the first pic of the series.
The red bikes fault 100 % . In the center of the wrong lane.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #15606
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
Yeah, fine, maybe he couldn't have helped them...
All the pics happened in about 2 seconds, what help could he have given? The photogs track moving bikes and shoot continuously. The photog was tracking the oncoming red bike with the camera running and HAPPENED catch a head-on. The photos would be valuable evidence for law enforcement, insurance settlement and lawsuit if need be.

Not like whoever took THOSE pics said "hey, there's a head-on! I'm gonna go take a pic of it!" Maybe the next guy to drive up, but not the ones posted.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #15607
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
The red bikes fault 100 % . In the center of the wrong lane.
Doh. NO IT ISN'T. Look in the 2nd pic for the START of the double yellow, just behind the back tire of the red bike, in its shadow. You can't see a double yellow in the 1st pic because THERE ISN'T ONE, it's an intersection with an access road coming in from the side.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #15608
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Doh. NO IT ISN'T. Look in the 2nd pic for the START of the double yellow, just behind the back tire of the red bike, in its shadow. You can't see a double yellow in the 1st pic because THERE ISN'T ONE, it's an intersection with an access road coming in from the side.
You getting MAD!!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #15609
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
Have you ever bothered to think that maybe at some point those photos could be used in an accident reconstruction?

From beginning to end, the photos encompass maybe 5 seconds.

But you naturally assume that after the photos were taken that the photog didn't put the camera down and start assisting at the scene. From what I've read on this thread, that is totally not the fucking case.

THERE IS NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY IN PUBLIC.

That road is a public place. What the photogs are doing is not against the law.

Better not let the police take photos of a crime scene, because I guaran-damn-tee you those pics will end up on the internet.

Whassamatta, has babby never seen a gore thread on an image board?

Welcome to the internet.
Yeah, that's a real tricky accident reconstruction. Hmm, two bikes, each facing different directions, in one lane. If the cops need photos for an accident reconstruction they need a new line of work.

No, it's not against the law, but it's pretty hard on common decency. It is against the law for police to release crime scene photos.

Flip it around, someone could have died in that accident. 1500lbs of motorcycle sliding around can do some damage.

So, it's you, you are hurt, maybe dead (broken ribs can do a lot of internal damage). And your pictures end up on the internet because some unscrupulous photog thinks they entertaining. And your kids, or your widow, or your parents see it. Welcome to the internet.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #15610
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
You getting MAD!!
Well jeez, people keep saying the same wrong thing 205 times, LOL!

I can't see a centerline, he must be over it. They can't think of any other explanation?

That and the fact that the guy on the red bike is the one who posted the pics of his crash on that other forum.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #15611
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 3,639
Quote:
You getting MAD!!

OldPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #15612
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Well jeez, people keep saying the same wrong thing 205 times, LOL!

I can't see a centerline, he must be over it. They can't think of any other explanation?

That and the fact that the guy on the red bike is the one who posted the pics of his crash on that other forum.
If this is 129 i don't think its a road maybe a pull off. I'm pretty sure there is only one road entering 129 in the eleven miles and its on the other side. But i could be wrong .
Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #15613
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
If this is 129 i don't think its a road maybe a pull off. I'm pretty sure there is only one road entering 129 in the eleven miles and its on the other side. But i could be wrong .
Do pull offs have road signs?

BTW, I once heard about how you should keep beating a dead (iron)horse over and over and over again.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #15614
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 3,953
Quote:

You are speaking of which you know nothing.

The photographers do more to help and keep the road safe than anyone else.

You do know the name of this thread???

The photos from a crash are free to the crasher, and he chose to post them himself.

Climb down off of your high horse and take a breather.

TrashCan screwed with this post 09-05-2012 at 06:01 PM
TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #15615
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
You are speaking of which you know nothing.

The photographers do more to help and keep the road safe than anyone else.

You do know the name of this thread???

The photos from a crash are free to the crasher, and he chose to post them himself.

Climb down off of your high horse and take a breather.
+1

If you go to the Snake thread, which has more videos of bikes crashing, you will see that the photogs rush to the fallen rider to see if they are ok. I'm willing to bet the same thing happened here.

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote