ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #2176
Rauven
I like the cold...
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Tønsberg, Norway
Oddometer: 195
Soo.... BMW finally announced that the 12,5 GS will be shown on the 3rd of October on Intermot in Koeln, Germany. And both models, 1200GS and 1250GS, will be sold simultaneously in 2013. They figured out there is no point in getting rid of 12GS if it sells so good.
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #2177
Russ
.
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 15,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
Soo.... BMW finally announced that the 12,5 GS will be shown on the 3rd of October on Intermot in Koeln, Germany. And both models, 1200GS and 1250GS, will be sold simultaneously in 2013. They figured out there is no point in getting rid of 12GS if it sells so good.
The current GS is running out and will be replaced by the 1250GS, they will not be sold simultaneously after current stock of the 2012 model runs out.
The new 1250GS will be available from early 2013.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #2178
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Copperhill, Tennessee
Oddometer: 3,031
And the GSA (Adventure model) will retain the aircooled Cam head engine for the next year while the GS model will come with the new Water Boxer engine.
__________________
Dean O
BMW nut and Happy Camper
Copperhill, Tn.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #2179
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Shed :o)
Oddometer: 3,099
So who'll be there saturday 6th in KÖLN? I want to see some ADV decals there!
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
F800GS - The ORANGE ones are faster!!

R1150GSA SE


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #2180
Stub deToe
Stub deToe
 
Stub deToe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Great White North
Oddometer: 164
ADV meet at I termot, Oct 2012

Guys I started a thread to get a bunch of us together at Intermot, but nobody seems to be signing up, yet the question keeps being raised on this thread, here is the link

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=Intermot
__________________
The less you know about motorcycles... the more you'll like Harleys!
'13 1200GS LC
'74 R90S x2
'74 R75/6 since new
Stub deToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #2181
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Shed :o)
Oddometer: 3,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stub deToe View Post
Guys I started a thread to get a bunch of us together at Intermot, but nobody seems to be signing up, yet the question keeps being raised on this thread, here is the link

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=Intermot

I told you I was waiting for a link to appear!
finally it's here :o)
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
F800GS - The ORANGE ones are faster!!

R1150GSA SE


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #2182
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Shed :o)
Oddometer: 3,099


in 26 days we'll meet :o)
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
F800GS - The ORANGE ones are faster!!

R1150GSA SE


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #2183
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,428
I hate to think how frenzied this place will be around the 2nd of October..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #2184
def
I've little to say
 
def's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: The woods and mountains of Alabama
Oddometer: 8,221
Those of you traveling to and attending Intermot 2012 have an obligation to the rest of the BMW world here that are not as fortunate.

You must attend all the events dealing with the unveiling of the new BMW waterboxer.

Here is your assignment;

1- Speak with all the BMW engineering types you can and determine all the technical details surrounding the new engine. Learn German if you have to but don't leave any technical stone unturned. Speaking with sales types is OK but, they'll just tell you a bunch of lies, especially the female BMW Marketing types.

2- Stay away from the booth babes....remember, you're like a prizefighter...no sex for weeks before or during the assignment.

3- Also determine the clutch and transmission details associated with the new watercooled engine. How is the clutch serviced/repaired? Things like that......

4- Easy on the drinking of German beer and schnapps...it will only dull your mind to the task at hand.

5- Lots of photos...close ups of the new engine design, the induction, exhaust and the driveline...photos of booth babes are allowed but no touching...remember the goal here is knowledge...carnal knowledge is not part of the assignment.

6- If you run across some really good German food, get the recipe and post it along with your BMW waterboxer findings.

Now, gentlemen, begin your training and don't let us down. Our motorcycle buying decision depend on you.

Ilegitemi non carborundum....In hoc signa vinces...win one for the gipper and all that.

That is all.

Safe travels.

73
def is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #2185
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Shed :o)
Oddometer: 3,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Those of you traveling to and attending Intermot 2012 have an obligation to the rest of the BMW world here that are not as fortunate.

You must attend all the events dealing with the unveiling of the new BMW waterboxer.

Here is your assignment;

1- Speak with all the BMW engineering types you can and determine all the technical details surrounding the new engine. Learn German if you have to but don't leave any technical stone unturned. Speaking with sales types is OK but, they'll just tell you a bunch of lies, especially the female BMW Marketing types.

2- Stay away from the booth babes....remember, you're like a prizefighter...no sex for weeks before or during the assignment.

3- Also determine the clutch and transmission details associated with the new watercooled engine. How is the clutch serviced/repaired? Things like that......

4- Easy on the drinking of German beer and schnapps...it will only dull your mind to the task at hand.

5- Lots of photos...close ups of the new engine design, the induction, exhaust and the driveline...photos of booth babes are allowed but no touching...remember the goal here is knowledge...carnal knowledge is not part of the assignment.

6- If you run across some really good German food, get the recipe and post it along with your BMW waterboxer findings.

Now, gentlemen, begin your training and don't let us down. Our motorcycle buying decision depend on you.

Ilegitemi non carborundum....In hoc signa vinces...win one for the gipper and all that.

That is all.

Safe travels.

73
Sir, Yes Sir!
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
F800GS - The ORANGE ones are faster!!

R1150GSA SE


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #2186
aGremlin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
aGremlin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand!
Oddometer: 467
def... you are clearly married.

For those attending, please feel free to post as many booth babes as you like...
__________________
Warning: My post quality varies according to my mood. If I sound sane give it a few minutes and I'll be back to normal
aGremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #2187
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Shed :o)
Oddometer: 3,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by aGremlin View Post
def... you are clearly married.

For those attending, please feel free to post as many booth babes as you like...
I prefer your mission. Can I switch commanders?
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
F800GS - The ORANGE ones are faster!!

R1150GSA SE


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #2188
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: So.Central PA
Oddometer: 673
That's good stuff, Def!! You a Navy man? It's not often I run across "Illegitimi non carborundum." My father was a submariner and he's got a lot of patches from the boats with that slogan...

Good stuff.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------
'12 R1200GS Adventure
'11 Harley Street Glide - gone and pretty much forgotten
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #2189
tagesk
Tuscan rider
 
tagesk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Tuscany, Italy
Oddometer: 3,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
6- If you run across some really good German food, get the recipe and post it along with your BMW waterboxer findings.
Really good German food - um, isn't that contradiction in terms?
Wießbier, OK, but food?

[TaSK]
__________________
'02 R1150GS - Adds life
My Riding in Tuscany-thread is here.
Renting out motorbikes in Toscana, Italy
Proud contributor to Wisdom and GSpot FAQ and European Ride Report Index.
IBA: 33616
tagesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #2190
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagesk View Post
Really good German food - um, isn't that contradiction in terms?
Wießbier, OK, but food?

[TaSK]
:-) But there is good foods in Germany. Love Italian as well. Would definitely be the reason for a trip to Italy. Screw culture.

Now back to the original topic. Any bets on now much the new bike weigh?
Ride-by-wire?


petzi-baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014