Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
M1Tanker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
City Navigator Europe NT 2013.20 (Download and trip planning.)

Well after months of not doing anything with my Zumo 660 I decided that I needed to check for map updates because I’m planning a trip next week to a small town outside Budapest, Hungary. I down loaded through brute force and ignorance City Navigator Europe NT 2013.20 - Map+P+3D, July 12 to my Zumo 660 and to my desktop computer (NOTE: I have Garmin Lifetime Updater.) I updated the Zumo 660 software on the Garmin website. I also updated the BaseCamp software as well. Additionally I installed BMW Motorrad Dealer Database/Update 7.00.

After doing all of the above I verified on the Zumo 660 through “Tools” then “Settings” then “Map” then “Map Info” that the following was installed:
- CN Europe NT 2013.20 3D
- BMW Motorrad
--Worldwide v.7.00
- CN Europe NT 2013.20
--Western Europe

I then went outside to put the destination address near Budapest where I will be traveling. The Zumo couldn’t find it. I panned across the map and zoomed to the town near Budapest where I will be going and there were no streets shown.

I came back into the house and reconnected the Zumo to the computer. I then went to Garmin MapInstall. It then asked me to select a portion of the European map that I wanted to install onto the device (Zumo). I first tried to grab all of the Maps from Central Germany, where I live, to my destination. MapInstall stated that I didn’t have enough space on the Zumo to download all the maps. I then decided to just download the maps near my destination. That seemed to work.

I then re-verified verified on the Zumo 660 through “Tools” then “Settings” then “Map” then “Map Info” that the following was installed.
- CN Europe NT 2013.20 3D
- BMW Motorrad
-- Worldwide v.7.00
- CN Europe NT 2013.20
-- WIENER NEUSTADT, OSTERREICH, BUDAPEST, MAGYARORSA
-- Western Europe

I then went back outside to put the destination address near Budapest where I will be traveling. The Zumo then found it.
Here are my questions:

- So even though my Zumo states that I have CN Europe 2013.20 3D I really don’t have all of Europe. Is that correct?

- Apparently I have almost no space remaining on my Zumo 660. So if I have another destination that I want to go to, not in the area that I currently have downloaded, then I must delete some maps. How do I do that?

- It appears that if I go on a long trip through different regions of Europe I’m going to have to bring a laptop. Is that correct?

Thanks.
M1Tanker is offline   Reply With Quote