Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #406
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
Maybe he only uses the back tire, he has a spare for that!

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #407
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
The front looked a little thin & the bike was loaded heavy. One of the riders had done the creek crossings a couple years ago & they were going to let them KTM go thru first. Guess they made it; no one came back to tell me they killed one of the bikes.

Monday was swamped here at the shop; today is dead. Not a single rider.

Might be sneaking out to run the Skyway on the 690 Duke if no customers show up soon. I need to melt the tires so I can get the rims powder coated orange & white.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #408
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Ride in, try gear on, & sit on your bike to make sure it works for you.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, can't find my camera cord.

minimike
Old 08-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #409
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Mike, I just got a visit from the UPS guy... jacket got here today, can't wait to get my 950 back together now! Thanks again!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #410
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 16,274
Mike, enjoyed the visit yesterday. Thanks for letting me eat my lunch in the shop

See you in a week or so!

Cheers,
John
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #411
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Mike, enjoyed the visit yesterday. Thanks for letting me eat my lunch in the shop

See you in a week or so!

Cheers,
John
Anytime! I needed someone to talk to about riding anyway. All the requests for Angle bells and headwraps was sending me in to a coma.

Cherie & I headed into the national forest after work; and, we about froze on the way home. Can't believe it's August and it's this cool. We have to stop for Cherie to put on a fleece! Got about 3 hours of riding in before sunset. It was awesome!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #412
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 16,274
I did notice that your stock on Angel (guardian) bells, cheap Pakistani leather, and fingerless gloves was a might bit thin might want to stock up before the next Pirate event rolls into town.

Yeah, the weather is getting to be wonderful and as you said who can believe it is Aug if I didn't have to go to NYC tomorrow morning I'd ride back over today, the Skyway was in great shape.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #413
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

We were here till 7PM last night! Place was packed.

Will be open:

Labor Day Sunday 8am till at least 5pm, or till the last customer goes home.

Labor Day, Monday, we'll be here 8am till 4pm, or till the last customer goes home.

Thanks!
minimike
Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #414
Burtwer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
My Next Drive Down

Hey Mike,

I'm a long-time Chattanooga and Knoxville resident now relocated to DC. Your shop looks great. I'll be swinging by on my next trip down.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #415
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Glad to hear you were so busy on Labor Day!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #416
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Hey Mike,

Always enjoy your shop and going to be stopping by in the next couple of weeks with the wife. What do you have in stock in the way of women's pants and boots.

Thanks,
T

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #417
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
Hey Mike,

What do you have in stock in the way of women's pants and boots.

Thanks,
T
We have 3 different women's waterproof boots; and for pants,

the Olympia Airglide 3 pant in sizes from 4 to 18, and

Firstgear H/T Water proof H/T over pant sizes 6-14 (they don't make a 4).

There's a couple size 6 pants on the close out rack too.

Olympia pants are designed to give you 6" to play with on the cuff and the armor goes up & down.

Firstgear only makes one inseam length per size, and they are not easily tailored. The knee armor is fully adjustable.

A lot of women purchase the Firstgear Kathmandu men's pants too! These come in short, regular, and tall inseams. Fully adjustable D30 knee armor.

Some women can fit in the Klim gear too. I have Plum colored Klim Sundance Fleece midlayer jackets on the truck in all sizes. They will be here Tuesday I think. They look awesome!

I could get on a rant about the manufacturer's lack of correct sizing & offerings for women; but, it would take pages of typing. I'm riding with Firstgear employees next weekend and am going to bend their ear. Wish me luck.

Minimike screwed with this post 09-08-2012 at 06:25 AM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #418
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

A quick picture from my day off this week. Spent the day being a hooligan on the Cherohala Skyway.

The temperature at the top is perfect for riding with gear! Lots of riders in T-shirts were freezing though! Saw quite a few girls in tank tops trying to tuck in behind their rider.

The Horizans Unlimted Rally is going on this weekend at the Ironhorse Resort. We kicked in a stack of gift certificates for door prizes. The shop was packed yesterday with riders headed to the event. The weather looks like it broke up this morning; so, their Rally should have a perfect day today.

minimike
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #419
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
We have 3 different women's waterproof boots; and for pants,

the Olympia Airglide 3 pant in sizes from 4 to 18, and

Firstgear H/T Water proof H/T over pant sizes 6-14 (they don't make a 4).

There's a couple size 6 pants on the close out rack too.

Olympia pants are designed to give you 6" to play with on the cuff and the armor goes up & down.

Firstgear only makes one inseam length per size, and they are not easily tailored. The knee armor is fully adjustable.

A lot of women purchase the Firstgear Kathmandu men's pants too! These come in short, regular, and tall inseams. Fully adjustable D30 knee armor.

Some women can fit in the Klim gear too. I have Plum colored Klim Sundance Fleece midlayer jackets on the truck in all sizes. They will be here Tuesday I think. They look awesome!

I could get on a rant about the manufacturer's lack of correct sizing & offerings for women; but, it would take pages of typing. I'm riding with Firstgear employees next weekend and am going to bend their ear. Wish me luck.
Excellent, thanks for the info. She is just starting to ride with me and finding gear for women is tough and gear for little women even harder.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #420
frijole
Clickin'

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
A quick picture from my day off this week. Spent the day being a hooligan on the Cherohala Skyway.

The temperature at the top is perfect for riding with gear! Lots of riders in T-shirts were freezing though! Saw quite a few girls in tank tops trying to tuck in behind their rider.

The Horizans Unlimted Rally is going on this weekend at the Ironhorse Resort. We kicked in a stack of gift certificates for door prizes. The shop was packed yesterday with riders headed to the event. The weather looks like it broke up this morning; so, their Rally should have a perfect day today.

minimike
SWEET! When did you get the 690sm?
frijole is offline   Reply With Quote