Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #586
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Yellows last forever, and that's the reason why.

I agree that the yellows last too long. I also saw the debris on TV last night and it was a big enough chunk of metal that I would have thrown the yellow myself. Maybe Nascar shouldn't allow clapped out cars back on the track after the halfway point?

I liked that Kahne just parked it after too many mistakes last night to be competitive any longer.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #587
larryboy
Paint it black.

Logano to Penske?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #588
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Logano to Penske?

I hope not, I think Sam Hornish jr deserves it. He's been putting in solid. Steady finishes in both classes.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #589
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I hope not, I think Sam Hornish jr deserves it. He's been putting in solid. Steady finishes in both classes.

Pretty sure it's true and Kenseth will be in the 20 next year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Penske add a third car for Hornish if they can find a sponsor.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #590
larryboy
Paint it black.

"I'm just mad at myself right now," Gordon said, kicking himself for not doing more on the final two laps. "I don't know, I guess I'm just getting soft in my old age. I'm too nice because ... 15 years ago, I would have just moved him right up the racetrack. I don't know why I didn't do that. I thought I could get to his quarter panel and slow him down and stay there. But [when] I got there, I just carried too much speed into [Turn] 3, and it pushed up the racetrack."
Old 09-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #591
larryboy
Paint it black.

Junior on the pole and Gordon second.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #592
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,184
Where does Richmond sit in a ranking of the toughest/not-so-tough tracks?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #593
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Where does Richmond sit in a ranking of the toughest/not-so-tough tracks?

Well, it's been pretty easy for Rowdy and pretty difficult for Danica.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #594
wxwax
Excited Member

That was exciting! I like Gordon, so his rush to secure a spot in the Chase was great to watch. He just kept on moving up. I kinda like Kyle, so a wee bit sorry to see him out. Nice of Joe Gibbs to go to his window as soon as the car stopped. Prolly told him to keep his yap shut.

Edit: Hah, I was right! Kyle said Joe told him "to handle it right."

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #595
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
That was exciting! I like Gordon, so his rush to secure a spot in the Chase was great to watch. He just kept on moving up. I kinda like Kyle, so a wee bit sorry to see him out. Nice of Joe Gibbs to go to his window as soon as the car stopped. Prolly told him to keep his yap shut.

Edit: Hah, I was right! Kyle said Joe told him "to handle it right."

That was great, I wish Gordon would step it up and do that every weekend!!

Kyle should have handled it right and punched his rear tire changer right in the face.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #596
larryboy
Paint it black.

"I have to say most of the drivers were willing to at least get in the car and put it on," Downing said. "They were polite. We had a funny incident there. At one point, we went into the NASCAR trailer. Mike Helton was in there and we were going to talk about it. It was going to be a discussion, no big deal.

"For some reason, Earnhardt came in. He sat down with a big grin on his face and we were ushered out right away. He was not interested in it. He wasn't going to talk about it. He wasn't going to spend any time. Really, he was the only driver that I didn't get around to."

When Earnhardt died of a basilar skull fracture at Daytona six months later -- the fourth such fatality over a span of less than a year -- drivers immediately lined up at Downing's door. Since then -- and with the introduction of SAFER barriers and a redesigned chassis -- the rate of serious head and neck injuries in NASCAR has declined sharply."

I think that without the noose, Danica would be dead after all her crashing this year. I'm still holding out hope for her career because that Jeff Gordon guy was known for wadding up race cars before he really took off as a good race car driver.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #597
wxwax
Excited Member

See my sig about man being a rational animal. I'm always interested in why veterans in any sport, like Earnhardt Sr., resist common-sense safety advances.

Drivers didn't want HANS etc., hockey players don't want visors, baseball players resisted batting helmets as did cricket players, and pro football players don't like the goofy-looking safer helmets. I'm sure there are many other examples.

It wouldn't surprise me if someday baseball pitchers wear helmets, hockey players have face cages like those in college and NFL helmets are radically redesigned.

Actually, my idea for a football helmet is based on race car wrecks. Cars disperse a lot of their energy in a wreck when their parts fly off. That spray of material helps lessen the energy of the impact on the driver. I'm thinking football helmets should somehow do the same thing in a concussion-inducing impact: parts should fly off, reducing the amount of energy that is ultimately going to propel the brain into the side of the player's cranium.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #598
larryboy
Paint it black.

Big yawn of a race.

I don't think I've ever seen Jeff Gordon have a hung throttle, scary stuff right there. That guy has had the worst luck ever this year.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #599
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,947
That polish kid sure makes the Penske garage look good. What a talent.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #600
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
That polish kid sure makes the Penske garage look good. What a talent.

Won't it be great if Keselowski wins the title for Dodge, just before they pull out of the series.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote