Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #91
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,500
Paper filter? That would relegate it to street only use where I live. Dust, dust, and more dust. Good to know the FI can be remapped, hard to believe on such a cheap bike. I drilled out the baffles on my XT225, and had to go up one jet size on both the main and pilot. I guess I'll keep it just for it's foam filter. The XT250 has a paper filter too. Don't they realize that a dirt bike needs a cleanable, reoilable filter?
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #92
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 820
Paper filter S$%ks

I wonder if the K&N filter for the CBR250R would work?

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #93
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Here is a list of things available in Australia for the 250L, there are Moriwaki mufflers and full exhausts, with bash plate and radiator guards being made now, also looking at a foam air filter. Prices are AUD + 10% tax!

RED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #94
Downstater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED1 View Post
Here is a list of things available in Australia for the 250L, there are Moriwaki mufflers and full exhausts, with bash plate and radiator guards being made now, also looking at a foam air filter. Prices are AUD + 10% tax!

jealous. You ausies have it good! We probably wont see parts like this in the US for months if not a year... Unless that is if someone wants to start importing these??!!

BTW... Who/what is moriwaki? never heard of them and ive been riding for 20 years. The exhaust LOOKS nice but its hard to tell much until seeing one in person. Any of you ausies have exporting experience?
Downstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #95
taninthai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
you wanna try being in thailand had bike 3 months now and to get anything is a huge mission
many parts appearing in usa now
crfs only website now has the 250l listed and is adding parts almost daily they have front and rear sprockets available ,now how much to get them delivered to thailand
taninthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #96
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
http://www.moriwaki.co.jp/global/
RED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #97
MEROST
Southwest

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadToad View Post
Does this bike deliver excellent fuel economy, as in 70 mpg (US gallons) or more? My son is interested in getting one,
I did a thread search but could not find anything using the terms "mileage", "mpg" or "economy:

Thank you.

The Toad
I have never got less than 70 mpg with my CRF250L. It's very fuel efficient.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
GONE - 2007 Honda CRF450X and 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A
MEROST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #98
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,946
Quote:
I did a thread search but could not find anything using the terms "mileage", "mpg" or "economy:
Not much info yet:
CRF230L vs CRF250L mpg??
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821024
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #99
Downstater
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taninthai View Post
you wanna try being in thailand had bike 3 months now and to get anything is a huge mission
many parts appearing in usa now
crfs only website now has the 250l listed and is adding parts almost daily they have front and rear sprockets available ,now how much to get them delivered to thailand
Most of the parts for our bike on crfs only are either universal or made for other bikes and just happen to fit. I'm talking about model specific gear like a rear rack, bash guard, exhaust, etc...

It will take the aftermarket some time to catch up with real accessories and parts.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #100
taninthai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Most off the stuff listed by red1 is available direct from your Honda dealer however most of it is rubbish the engine guard is a complete waste of time , the exhaust from morawaki is imported from japan and is well overpriced also the lowering kit is also from japan and people have found other ways to lower it at a fraction of thecost as said USA has the most and easiest access to aftermarket parts for this bike with parts appearing on Internet sites daily
taninthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #101
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by taninthai View Post
Most off the stuff listed by red1 is available direct from your Honda dealer however most of it is rubbish the engine guard is a complete waste of time , the exhaust from morawaki is imported from japan and is well overpriced also the lowering kit is also from japan and people have found other ways to lower it at a fraction of thecost as said USA has the most and easiest access to aftermarket parts for this bike with parts appearing on Internet sites daily
Links?

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #102
ml_homeboy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
New Member CRF250L

Hi All Picked mine up on Sept 1 and been enjoying quit a bit ;) Reason for purchase was the weight a dual purpose capability; last Aug I purchased a new EB FC Airstream and missed the fact I could ride while camping in many places. I'm a true die hard Honda rider and have owned many over my 30 yrs of riding. Will post some picks soon.

Couple Question for other owner:

• Did your come with a owners manual?
  • Vibration - What is vibrating on the front?
  • The 1k valve check - Is this something easy to do, im very handy just wanted to know the scale 1-10 for a DIY.

Anyone else from Jersey?

Thanks
Ml_Homeboy
ml_homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #103
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml_homeboy View Post
Did your come with a owners manual?
  • The 1k valve check - Is this something easy to do, im very handy just wanted to know the scale 1-10 for a DIY.
Owners Manual a full toolkit - check
Front vibration is most likely the tires. Mine (after 500km) hums noticably around 40mph +
I haven't done the valve check on the CRF yet, but its easy to do once you get to it on the CBR. I suspect the CRF will be quite a bit easier.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #104
Dirt699
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Hi All Picked mine up on Sept 1 and been enjoying quit a bit ;) Reason for purchase was the weight a dual purpose capability; last Aug I purchased a new EB FC Airstream and missed the fact I could ride while camping in many places. I'm a true die hard Honda rider and have owned many over my 30 yrs of riding. Will post some picks soon.

Anyone else from Jersey?

Thanks
Ml_Homeboy

What up Homeboy,

I am not from jersey, but I work in Mahwah, from Orange county NY. The owners manual should be under your seat. you can take off the seat with the allen key provided in the tool kit wich is in the locked compartment on the left side of your bike. it's the two luggage rack bolts that go into the seat.

-Dirt
Dirt699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #105
Downstater
Adventurer

Quote:

Anyone else from Jersey?

Thanks
Ml_Homeboy
I'm in the Philly burbs. Grew up in jersey.

Answers to your ?'s

-manual is under seat
-mine has no vibes. Check plastics bolts
-hard to tell not knowing your aptitude but it's not rocket science. Definitely buy the service manual.

Enjoy the bike.