Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #5491
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by .chris View Post
Tried your idea, and now I have managed to strip the torx bolt. Who the hell uses torx for such tight bolts, will be replacing it with a proper bolt if I ever get it out.
Well

As far as I am concerned, Torx is one of the best thing on earth ... Particularly in tight places. Torx are 99% class 8.8 or 12.9.

One thing however, it's pretty easy to mix sizes. You can easily use a T40 while it should have been T45 ... Oups ... And another thing ... Torx bolts are 10 times more expensives when you can find them...

Paul Jr
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #5492
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,921
Final chapter (I hope)

A very small hole in the new in-tank fuel line was leaking only when under pressure. replaced the week old stuff with some more bought at CarQuest rated/printed the same and it fired right off.
It seemd to be getting worse as time went on making the origional testing void. I started from scratch again and found the low pressure condition that wasn't there before. When no pressure was on the hose it worked normally, but when any restriction was there it blead pressure from the leak.
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #5493
Czechie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Scotts steering dumper

Hi guys,
could any of you help with Scott's steering dumper. I have the original mounting set up for 690.

I have bought the following bar riser and tried to fit the dumper in.

Unfortunately I realised that I am missing approx. 5mm to fit the pin in.

I know that the easest solution is to turn the bar riser by 180 degres and it will fit. However this is not what I want as this position of the bar riser bring the handlebars closer to the seat which I dont like.

I was wondering whether any of you had a similar problem and what the solution was. I was thinking or playing with the bottom part but not sure whether this will not screw up someting else. I did not try to lose the nut but it seems to me that the "needle" is fitting perfectly in so I can't remove it.

Any tips or hints? Cheers.
Czechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #5494
beaney
rally racer

Oddometer: 124
Rally Raid Products make a longer arm for the damper to solve this problem

beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #5495
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechie View Post
Hi guys,
could any of you help with Scott's steering dumper. I have the original mounting set up for 690.

I have bought the following bar riser and tried to fit the dumper in.

Unfortunately I realised that I am missing approx. 5mm to fit the pin in.

I know that the easest solution is to turn the bar riser by 180 degres and it will fit. However this is not what I want as this position of the bar riser bring the handlebars closer to the seat which I dont like.

I was wondering whether any of you had a similar problem and what the solution was. I was thinking or playing with the bottom part but not sure whether this will not screw up someting else. I did not try to lose the nut but it seems to me that the "needle" is fitting perfectly in so I can't remove it.

you nee to use a puller to get the arm off. I would make or buy a longer pin. the pin on my husaberg as around 3" long if i remember
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #5496
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveknievel View Post
I have a shifter on my 690 that is from my 05 450 SMR. Same thing. They only offer 4 different shifter for ktm's. And the hammerheads aren't out of stock. Tucker rocky has 5 in ILL, 9 in cailf. None in the PA . Warehouse.
Thankis mate - being in aus dont think i could get them sent over - hammerhead are outa stock and my dealer has another four weeks to wait with 8 sold already , his eyes kinda rolled abit when he said four weeks aswell
do you work for one of the shops
I have been getting told lately "NOTHING" to my questions about space and vacuum, I feel I need funding for a project that could have a Noble prize involved. Space is not nothing 84% is dark matter "dark matter seems to be the scientific word for nothing" I have three experiments that need to be conducted. If any millionaires out there would like to fund my projects and riding career please pm me
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #5497
.chris
690 Advenduro

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Well

As far as I am concerned, Torx is one of the best thing on earth ... Particularly in tight places. Torx are 99% class 8.8 or 12.9.

One thing however, it's pretty easy to mix sizes. You can easily use a T40 while it should have been T45 ... Oups ... And another thing ... Torx bolts are 10 times more expensives when you can find them...

Paul Jr
And a special prize for Gros Buck ... Turns out it is a T50, not a T45, now I get to try again with a half stripped bolt and the right sized Torx, might have better luck this time.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #5498
.chris
690 Advenduro

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
why ya taken off ya shock for?
Time for a service. Forks are already off, just having trouble with this one bolt.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #5499
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechie View Post

I think you have to turn the riser 180 degrees because, as you have it mounted, the pivot axis of the damper is not centered on the turn axis of the steering head, or to put it another way, this mount does not support the forward location of the bars. Putting a longer arm on the damper will not solve your problem.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #5500
Czechie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Rally Raid Products make a longer arm for the damper to solve this problem

Thanks Beany, have not noticed this product in your e-shop. However, the last statement makes me worry because I use the bike even for commuting to work (being on motard wheels) so I dont want to lose the possibility of locking the stearing. Is that really true or is there any work around?
Cheers. D

NOTE:WHEN THIS IS FITTED,THE STEERING LOCK CANNOT BE USED
Czechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #5501
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Can injector o-rings be sourced locally? Finished the bike up and it has a leak at the 90 elbow where it enters the injector housing. Anyone have a part number that can be picked up in town or will I have to wait on shipping?
Quote:
My bad
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #5502
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Looks like the fuel volume is there, but the pressure is not all that great. Looks like I'm going back into the tank for round three

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...t=IMG_0345.mp4
yea those fuel lines in the tank kink pretty ez and i could see that using the ca pump without the oem part by the pump intake could mess with pressure as could using the old style pump w/out the barbs.
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #5503
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Can injector o-rings be sourced locally? Finished the bike up and it has a leak at the 90 elbow where it enters the injector housing. Anyone have a part number that can be picked up in town or will I have to wait on shipping?
Locally? Where's Buzztopia?

I went to Advance Auto and dug through their O-ring selection behind the counter and found one pretty close. It was just a bit smaller I believe but no leaks. It worked till I ordered and installed a new one.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #5504
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
Locally? Where's Buzztopia?
Tallahassee, FL. I reckon by locally I was talking chain stores Advance, Autozone, and the sort.
I'll see if I can get a match for the leaker and get all of them ordered. They are in and out so many times in the past week or so that I'm sure they'll need replacing sooner rether than later.
Quote:
My bad
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #5505
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzztail View Post
tallahassee, fl. I reckon by locally i was talking chain stores advance, autozone, and the sort.
I'll see if i can get a match for the leaker and get all of them ordered. They are in and out so many times in the past week or so that i'm sure they'll need replacing sooner rether than later.
napa or hydrolic shop
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote