Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,046
Glad to hear you were having a 'great day' Steve....cause I'd really wouldn't want to hear your thoughts if you were actually having a bad day.

I think all R12 was referring to was that after one or two unanswered emails a phone call 'might' have helped determined what, if any, action Dave was prepared to do. I"m sure I would have started out with an email to Dave as well, but if after the first or even the second went unanswered I would be calling him to see if he was even receiving the emails....
Apparently you don't agree with that, and that's ok too. You just might consider holding back on your insulting accusations about someone being 'completely wrong' because they do not share your vision of what procedure is the acceptable way to deal with a problem. I happen to to agree with R12, (as did a lot of others who have posted here, including jd) that a phone call might have helped resolve this problem.....but then again I live near 'Ottawa fucking Ontario'....so maybe it's a regional thing.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #32
edwin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
so still, what is anderwerks gonna do?
now is the chance for this said shop to see what this guy with the drive shaft problem is talking about...get that bike back in and see.
this story COULD have a happy ending if chosen.
1974 honda cb 550 (R.i.P. vanessa)
edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #33
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
I would be calling him to see if he was even receiving the emails....
You should reread the thread, it's mentioned like 3 times that they replied to one of his emails. Not only do they read them but they were aware of the problem. I don't understand how anyone thinks there could be a grey area.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Ok I reread the original post and I as I understand it, there was at least a two week period from the first email (or second actually from my count) to the first reply from Dave's tech that worked on the bike.

To me, that two week wait, would have been a warning sign that either my emails were not getting thru or more likely, nobody from Anderwerks cared enough to reply.
I wouldn't wait two weeks without a reply to an email that should have been answered immediately. I would have called to speak with Dave, regardless of how busy he was. But it looks like jd wanted to give Dave time to think it thru....I wouldn't have been so generous. Especially with no response at all! Or least nothing for two weeks.

I am not defending Dave or Anderwerks at all. I totally agree he dropped the ball on this one... big time. I've had my own experience with Dave and this does not surprise me at all. I quit taking my bike to Anderwerks long before I left Calgary. ..... but that's not what this thread is about.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #35
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,754

Confusing post taking up space for nothing.

So what you're actually saying is ..... it is ...... but it isn't .....
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #36
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post

Confusing post taking up space for nothing.

So what you're actually saying is ..... it is ...... but it isn't .....

I'm really not sure why some are confused, they knew about the problem, contacted him then did nothing and ignored him. Pretty cut and dry.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #37
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,754
Exactly, he tried hard to contact them and get some response back and nada. Does he need to camp out in front of their door and have them trip over him to get something?

So IMO small claims court here we come
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Sounds frustrating. Sorry to hear of your woes. Many friends hate Blackfoot in Calgary from poor treatment, but I have never had a problem. Someone should bring this thread to the businesses attention, and hope it gets resolved. ADV is a big place, I'd hate to see an honest mistake fuck a much needed BMW resource up. That will just make the lineup longer for service at Blackfoot etc. I'm sure the families the staff feed don't want to get thier livelihood from ripping off customers. Someone call AW and tell them about this thread.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #39
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,442
I sent Dave a link via email on day 1, asking him to respond. Of course, if email getting through is an issue........

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
I sent Dave a link via email on day 1, asking him to respond. Of course, if email getting through is an issue........
Maybe you should call him to tell him about the thread......

Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #41
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder View Post

It's pretty well too late for Anderwerks with this multi bike owner. Bad news spreads like wildfire when you don't respond to complaints from customers with legitamite problems.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #42
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder View Post

I can do better than that - this weekend is the Anderwerks Octoberfest party- I'll tell him in person.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #43
radmeister
not there

Oddometer: 43
I met Dave at the BMW dealership in Fife, Washington in the summer of 2010 where my R60/6 was being repaired - stuck in second gear, a common but unpredictable occurence. Had a very pleasant conversation with Dave who, I think, was visiting a friend at the dealership. When my shoulder seized up on the way to Calgary a few weeks later and I could not ride all the way home to Ontario, I called Dave, told him I would like to leave my bike with him at Anderwerks and that a transport company would arrive to pick it up within a week and take her back home. Dave could not have been more helpful. It all worked out. I could not have had a better experience under the circumstances. Notwithstanding what I have read in this thread - and I have read everything carefully - I would not hesitate to take any of my airheads to Dave if I were in the Calgary area and needed service.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #44
blue01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
It's nice to know that Dave and Anderwerks are like so many other dealers, lot's of happy customers and few not so happy. But maybe it's time to take Anderwerks down from their pedestal.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #45
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,457
Sounds like someone needs to "come good" for this one, I'd be pissed and asking for my money back too.

Will small claims work across provinces?

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is offline   Reply With Quote