Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,078

You can have these panniers I built for shipping. I lost a lid though so you'd need to figure that out.

I don't do it for a living if that makes it easier

Scratches and stickers included free of charge.

Pretty nice offer from bulgaria too...

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
EKinOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaras View Post
I'm from Bulgaria, neighboring country of Romania. I'm sorry for what happened. I will send you two site cases for FREE (you will pay only delivery and US taxes). Choose the color and size of cases from the site . Send me PM with delivery adress .

What a generous offer! Your cases look really nice and I will strongly consider your cases the next time I'm looking to buy cases. I'll be sure to let my friends know too.

It is nice to see vendors like you!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #33
AnjinSan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
I am from Romania and I just want to say I am so sorry you got into this situation. I do not know the guy from konvoi, I wrote a message to him, in Romanian, asking for clarifications but no answer also :(

This is already a second bad report about him so either he has serious problems (due to which he did a bad job - teiz's case, or did not finished at all - your case) or he just wants out of business. In both cases he should just reimburse you fully with a lot of apologies.

Again, I am so sorry about this. Hope it will sort out eventually.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #34
waspp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
You may still get them. I think from the time they were posted Romanian mail to there arrival was about 28 days. They are not the most rugged boxes for sure but not bad for the price. I also bought a set of muffin top boxes which were cheaper and extremely rugged. I hope they show up for you anyway.
2011 BMW GS
2013 F650GS (the wife"s)
waspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #35
HolyCannoli OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspp View Post
You may still get them. I think from the time they were posted Romanian mail to there arrival was about 28 days. They are not the most rugged boxes for sure but not bad for the price. I also bought a set of muffin top boxes which were cheaper and extremely rugged. I hope they show up for you anyway.
somewhere in the back of my mind there is a little bit of hope that these will show up and I can move on with my life but he said he shipped them at the beginning of August and for the second time was unable to provide a tracking number.

What is a muffin top box?
HolyCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #36
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaras View Post
Yes, This is my labor and the offer is opened in any moment .If you send me delivery address I will send you site cases for free. Don't let anyone destroy your dreams.
P.S. Never give up
Awesome.

HolyCannoli, I hope that the cases you bought still show. To me this is no different than stealing.

Hope karma bites him in the ass.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 8,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCannoli View Post
What is a muffin top box?
http://muffintopindustries.com/
Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #38
waspp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Here's the Muffin tops on my Quota. Very rugged and he will make the size you want.

2011 BMW GS
2013 F650GS (the wife"s)
waspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #39
mpou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Similar Experience with Konvoi

I just finished reading the forum started by HolyCannoly about being ripped off by Istvan at Konvoi. It felt like dejavu, as I have still not received mine either. I last communicated with Istvan on August 8th when he promised to ship the cases the following week. Keep in mind that I ordered (and paid for) the cases in February. It was interesting to note that the messages and excuses that HolyCannoly received were identical to the one I received. Istvan does not seem to take his north american buyers ( I am Canadian ) very seriously. Well, I all can do now is continue to hope that Istvan will finally fulfill his contractual obligations. The cases looked so good. The reviews were so positive. Nothing else I can do now but wait. Lesson learned.
mpou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #40
marcone
V-Stromer

Oddometer: 36
HolyCannoli, sorry for your bad experience with this purchase.
Not exactly sure how things stand with this guy, he was last seen on August 30th on the romanian motorcycle forum where he has a pannier topic also: http://www.motociclism.ro/forum/inde...st__p__3214710
I'll try contacting someone living in his area, maybe we can get to te bottom of this!

Started a topic regarding this here: http://www.motociclism.ro/forum/inde...gopid__3232884
In translation:
"There are some people on the foreign discussion boards, mainly advrider.com, who are complaining of user's "lauramarginea"'s Konvoi.ro business.
It seems there are orders not fullfiled, money not refunded and no more response from him. Last online here was August 30th.
Who is friends with him/knows him personally/lives in Baia Mare and can pay him a visit to see what's happening?"

Immediately received a reply from the guy stating that he has more clients that he can handle and that he is not the least bit worryed about not being able to fulfill all the orders. I'd say get in touch with the American embassy in Bucharest and file a formal complaint. Being that we are so USA dependent, Romanian authorities may look into it.

marcone screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 06:03 AM
marcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #41
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,257
I don't see any inmate by this name. Looks like he got the hell outta Dodge. Sorry this happened to you.

2007 KTM Adventure 990
HD Road King (SOLD! Now get off my back Junac and McCadders)
Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #42
cristi-mic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Well...unfortunately I had a similar experience, but being from Romania I managed to get my money back after 3 months and a lot of phone calls and e-mails (with his "secretary", as he didn't want to talk to me anymore). He was supposed to deliver 2 boxes in 20 days, and nothing after 2 and a half months.
Then I read on the Romanian forum that he doesn't do business in Romania anymore, as we are too picky and looking for scandal. I suppose it's easier to rip off foreigners...they can't do much.
After a search in the web, I found out he was already under investigation for bank fraud and there are also problems with some funds from a local motorcycle club.

My advice: contact the local Police from his city and send a formal complaint by e-mail.

PS His attitude on the forum: I don't care if there are some unhappy customers, I have plenty of orders so the business is going great.....

Another advice: spread the word on all other foreign forums.

cristi-mic screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 09:59 AM
cristi-mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #43
HolyCannoli OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Thanks for the help guys. I am in Austria at my in-laws and have limited internet access but he contacted me today saying I was mistaken and that my order was not ready but it was an order from another person (keeping in mind that in the end of July he sent me a photo of three boxes with my name and address on them). At this point I know that I am screwed and will have to count this as a very expensive learning experience.

I cant bring myself to take any of the unbelievably generous offers of free luggage from people that have offered because I dont feel that they should have to pay for my experience.

Anyway Thanks for helping me spread the word and to the guy in Canada, I am sorry this happened to you as well.

Again, Thank you all for helping me spread the word about these people.
HolyCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #44
marcone
V-Stromer

Oddometer: 36
From Austria (Eastern Austria at least) until Baia Mare where this guy is living you've got only about 700km. For 1000$ you could pay him a visit to collect in person.
If you do nothing you're just motivating him to continue his practice.
marcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #45
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCannoli View Post

I cant bring myself to take any of the unbelievably generous offers of free luggage from people that have offered because I dont feel that they should have to pay for my experience.
They are just sitting in my garage, I have maybe $40 in aluminum in then if you want to pay that. Plus you are in wv I'm in pittsburgh, easy ride amigo

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote