User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
M1Tanker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
About 2 hours later. I disconnected the Zumo 660 and took it outside and turned it on. On the Zumo 660 I went through “Tools” then “Settings” then “Map” then “Map Info” stated that the following was installed:
- CN Europe NT 2013.20 3D
- BMW Motorrad
--Worldwide v.7.00
- CN Europe NT 2013.20
-- Central & Eastern Europe (NOTE: Previously it stated Western Europe.)

I then looked to my destination (panning to it) outside Budapest and the road was listed. Success, I suppose, but I had achieved that earlier by using MapInstall and just grabbing those areas of the map (WIENER NEUSTADT, OSTERREICH, BUDAPEST, MAGYARORSA.) I then panned to London to see if there were detailed streets there. There were no details below the M road level. So it appears that I lost the Western Europe detail.

I checked my computer and it states that the Zumo has 1.32GB free of 3.65GB and that the µSD Card in the Zumo has 1.83GB free of 1.83GB. I'm planning on getting a larger µSD Card tomorrow but I'm not sure how it is going to help me get all of the CN Europe 2013.20 on the Zumo. Nothing is on the µSD Card now and I don't recall seeing an option to add anything to it.

Oh, I have purchased the Garmin LifeTime Updater.

You have to be smarter than the equipment you operate and I'm not sure that I am at this point.
M1Tanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
Hill Climber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Success

Great to hear to have success, although somewhat limited. At least you will be able to do your trip with some guidance

When you have the time, give garmin a call. They should be able to help get all of Europe onto your unit. After all, you paid for it, you should be able to use it.....

I don't think you need a larger SD card. All of CN Europe should fit onto your gps.

Regarding Mapsource/BaseCamp... I guess I'm old school. I also use topo maps not created by garmin, and have had to use a modified version of Mapsource to get these to work. The modified version works well with the latest CN North America too. I don't know if BaseCamp would work with all the maps I have.

Cheers !!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #18
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
I just read through this thread, and the ignorance and 'just plain' wrong information makes it give me a headache. I would like to step in and correct but I fear it is hopeless. Maybe after I have a cup of coffee tomorrow.

Good Luck, and please to those that don't know what they are talking about, please stop posting.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Hill Climber
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
I just read through this thread, and the ignorance and 'just plain' wrong information makes it give me a headache. I would like to step in and correct but I fear it is hopeless. Maybe after I have a cup of coffee tomorrow.

Good Luck, and please to those that don't know what they are talking about, please stop posting.
Wow....
Hope your headache goes away

Hill Climber screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 10:19 PM
Hill Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #20
M1Tanker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Well yesterday I bought a 8GB Class 4 HC µSD Card because that is what the PX had. After installing the µSD Card into the Zumo I went back into MyGarmin and ran the Garmin Map Updater v3.1.19 and selected Full Coverage of Europe. It asked me if I wanted to save it to the SD card and I did.

When the dowload was finally completed after hours I powered up the Zumo 660 outside. I again went through “Tools” then “Settings” then “Map” then “Map Info” stated that the following was installed:
-- ALL
- BMW Motorrad
--Worldwide v.7.00

I also verified my trip destination outside of Budapest and it was there with all the streets. I also panned to London and all of the streets were there.

Also, my computer indicates that the Zumo has 2.24GB free of 3.65GB and that the µSD Card has 4.78GB free of 7.41GB.

Thanks DRTBYK.

Hill Climber, I have yet to contact Garmin but I will when I return.

M1Tanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Tanker View Post
Well yesterday I bought a 8GB Class 4 HC µSD Card because that is what the PX had. After installing the µSD Card into the Zumo I went back into MyGarmin and ran the Garmin Map Updater v3.1.19 and selected Full Coverage of Europe. It asked me if I wanted to save it to the SD card and I did.

When the dowload was finally completed after hours I powered up the Zumo 660 outside. I again went through “Tools” then “Settings” then “Map” then “Map Info” stated that the following was installed:
-- ALL
- BMW Motorrad
--Worldwide v.7.00

I also verified my trip destination outside of Budapest and it was there with all the streets. I also panned to London and all of the streets were there.

Also, my computer indicates that the Zumo has 2.24GB free of 3.65GB and that the µSD Card has 4.78GB free of 7.41GB.

Thanks DRTBYK.

Hill Climber, I have yet to contact Garmin but I will when I return.

Glad you're up a running.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #22
Hill Climber
Gnarly Adventurer

Super !!

Have a great trip!!