Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #1231
BorisTas
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
St300r

I brought it home and put it together , fresh out of the box from Spain

and a bit more work resulted in

So far a lovely thing to ride, obviously far more capable than me but then again so was the '09 290R I traded !!
Just wanted to share
M

One is all you need ,
Two is a Luxury
Any more is an indulgence
BorisTas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:38 AM   #1232
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,215

Very nice!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #1233
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
Bob, section 8 did have a big down, but the Sportsman scores were low...8, 8 & 14 on the podium if I remember correctly. Plus, Kyle had a clean card riding SPMN on Greg's Beta non-comp. The sections were awesome!!
I didn`t ride cuz I lost my rear brakes on all the down hills saturday. Section 8 was the worst with no run out. I never said it would be a high scoring day as the sections flowed well and almost all rock! Garrett made up his own mind and regretted it later. I only wish that I would have walked the sections saturday!
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #1234
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSpaz View Post
No pics from either of you? Whats going on? You guys take pics of everything.

No pics from me either. Same excuse. Too busy riding and scoring, even though I had the camera out at the section I was scoring yesterday. Spent a lot of time spotting for the Experts, Masters, and a Champ or two in my section.

Weekend started out poorly with a valve stem torn out of the rear tube on OJ. Discovered that right before Saturday's rider's meeting. Decided to ride the the Novice lines for Twinshock on the Team TY80. Did VERY poorly due to my right hand still healing after breaking it 4 weeks ago. Two silly right side tip-overs did not help (naturally put the broken hand out to break the falls). Made for a long day. Sunday started out much better, no crashes, hand did not throb afterward so much. Tearing down the section I was scoring later, I was standing on a ledge reaching for an Expert gate when the ledge let go sending me sliding down on my right side to be stopped with......you guessed it, my right hand. My whole right side is scraped up from armpit to knee, and the hand is pretty sore today. Still and all, a great Trial!

brewtus screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 07:39 PM Reason: Give me a break. Or a tear. Or a 4.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #1235
BossLady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Wicked

I thought the Lakefork event was FANTASTIC!
Saturday's sections were downright FUN and they were a good warm up for Sunday's sections that were a little tougher. I realize it's not as hot a topic as the big down in Section 8 ... but I thought that the lower sections were a nice taste of the Amateur line for the Novice class riders because of themany shared lines (which is just what someone in my house mentally needs to "move up").

An added treat was to see so many of the Colorado folks join us. It seems only fitting that they took home so many Kachinas, since NEW MEXICO TOOK THE UTE CUP!

Even with the 10 extra points that I painfully earned in my last few sections on Sunday (which by the way ended in a landing fit for the olympic gymnastics team...ok, not really but I tried to play it off) I had a blast. Great sections, great friends, a BBQ with the "hillbillies" next door....what more could a girl ask for? Thanks to all who helped make MY weekend well worth packing for!
BossLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #1236
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,535
+1 to Jess!

I thought Lake Fork was a blast! Great sections and lots of variety. Loose hill sides with logs on Saturday and rocks and more rocks on Sunday. Saturday's loop was new to me in that area and was a fun, long loop. Good times with good folk!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #1237
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
Great sections, great friends, a BBQ with the "hillbillies" next door....what more could a girl ask for? Thanks to all who helped make MY weekend well worth packing for!

Who exactly, are these "hillbillies" of which you speak??

Let's get one thing perfectly clear right now. I'm a Redneck, not a hillbilly. The Hillbilly showed up on a 1000 V-Strom to spectate on Saturday.

brewtus screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 05:42 PM Reason: A spectacle of hillbillies.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #1238
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post

Let's get one thing perfectly clear right now. I'm a Redneck, not a hillbilly. The Hillbilly showed up on a 1000 V-Strom to spectate on Saturday.

Yes he did!!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #1239
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,177
Unfortunately, I was not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus

Quote:
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #1240
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,066
Did some recording today to try to work on my timing issues with log crossings. I made a short video comparing two examples. I should do this more often, the slow-motion helps to identify what I'm really doing.

motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #1241
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

motojunky, that slo-mo video is very cool!

That's a great way to analyze your technique and body positioning as well as bike wheel placement. It's interesting to see where your front wheel left the ground and where the rear wheel hit the log. It would be interesting to see if you got more rear wheel height if you lifted the front wheel sooner and came down on the log more rather than hitting it on the way up (more of a zap I guess). Anyway, very cool video!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #1242
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
motojunky, that slo-mo video is very cool!

That's a great way to analyze your technique and body positioning as well as bike wheel placement. It's interesting to see where your front wheel left the ground and where the rear wheel hit the log. It would be interesting to see if you got more rear wheel height if you lifted the front wheel sooner and came down on the log more rather than hitting it on the way up (more of a zap I guess). Anyway, very cool video!
Funny thing. In another forum, I have a trials-riding friend (who's input I respect) telling me that I'm wheelying too early and that I'd get more height if I wheelied later. That seems more zap-like to me as opposed to dropping the front end onto the log for the double blip. I think there's a lot of overlap in the techniques and it can vary by obstacle. In this case, I was really trying to work specifically on the double-blip. I think you are spot on with your observation(s). If you look at the two examples in the video, the first has a later wheelie and little to no dropping of the front end (and consequently maybe, no rear lift). The second example is better, but maybe I'm still not wheelying early enough? I definitely see more rear wheel lift from the earlier wheelie (2nd example). I'm compressing the suspension better and by wheelying earlier, I'm able to work the suspension and more easily take advantage of the rebound.

I agree, the slo-mo really helps me see and understand what I'm doing.

Thanks!

motojunky screwed with this post 09-15-2012 at 09:04 PM
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #1243
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
Funny thing. In another forum, I have a trials-riding friend (who's input I respect) telling me that I'm wheelying too early and that I'd get more height if I wheelied later. That seems more zap-like to me as opposed to dropping the front end onto the log for the double blip. I think there's a lot of overlap in the techniques and it can vary by obstacle. In this case, I was really trying to work specifically on the double-blip. I think you are spot on with your observation(s). If you look at the two examples in the video, the first has a later wheelie and little to no dropping of the front end (and consequently maybe, no rear lift). The second example is better, but maybe I'm still not wheelying early enough? I definitely see more rear wheel lift from the earlier wheelie (2nd example). I'm compressing the suspension better and by wheelying earlier, I'm able to work the suspension and more easily take advantage of the rebound.

I agree, the slo-mo really helps me see and understand what I'm doing.

Thanks!
I would agree that there is a lot of overlap in the various trials techniques and a lot of variance between approach, obstacle, traction on approach, landing, etc.

I might also agree with your friend that a later front wheelie might get you more front wheel height over the log (as you hit the log while the front wheel is still going up), but if your goal is to get the rear wheel to hit higher up the log or possibly land on the top of the log smoothly, then I believe the earlier wheelie and front wheel coming down on the log to load the suspension more and unload the rear wheel higher would work better. Also, the more you can slow down your approach allows your body to catch up with the suspension and use all the spring action of the rear shock rebounding to help lift the rear of the bike up the obstacle.
Each way will get you over the log just fine, but the second example in your video is smoother, more controlled and would allow you to set up easier if there was a tight turn or second obstacle after the log. Maybe...
Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #1244
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,046
Both examples are really great! The video will do wonders. The first example is a roll up, that is all you need 90% of the time. Just the right gear and speed you will clear most obstacles with the least amount of points. The second example was a very nice double blip. If you want more height it would be a jap zap with lots of clutch and dropping the front wheel about half of example two. Another would be to hop over the log completely. Missing the log altogether takes away any chance of a tire slipping the wrong way.
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #1245
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,215
We have so much fun at this sport!!

Fun day today. We had a huge (for a practice) turnout. Lots of fun!!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote