Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSkate View Post
Is that GPS verified?

A PCX150 starts to lose it's legs at 60 mph with 180lb's on it.
GPS verified on the Buddy 125 of crusing at 65 with a bit of throttle left. Flat ground at sea level on Hwy 3 between Houston and Galveston for the time it hit 72mph 76mph indicated). FWIW, it our runs the Vespa ET 4 150 we used to own both at the top end and how quickly it gets there. Personally if I was going to be crusing 65+ mph for hours at a time I'd take my GTS. Its a bit more grounded with the additional weight and maxes out at 82 GPS verified but before I got the GTS I'd go on group rides with 240-500cc scoots and had little trouble keeping up except in heavy crosswinds when it would slow down to a max of 55-60 but that was only with high crosswinds. I could maintain close to 65 with a head wind.

FWIW, being ridden for 4 years by a teenage boy the only repairs it needed was a replacement mirror where he cracked it banging into a brick wall when parking too close and the horn connection came lose so they had to open the plastic to plug it back in properly. Given the state of the streets - potholes, overfilled pot holes and general bad repair it's almost surprising that it hasn't needed some other repair besides general maintenance.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote