Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #121
luniz7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
question - Do they contact the seller at all? I have no idea who the former registered owner was, as it had been sold with no title a couple times before I bought my bike.
No they do not.
luniz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #122
luniz7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Update here. Colorado title showed up today!
luniz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #123
Punkonjunk
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I registered just to say thanks wholeheartedly to all of you for this amazing information. I just sent in my stuff to register a 1981 c70 with a 125cc engine. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/2832629...7630624244810/ pix)
It's kind of amazing, and I talked the guy down for no title, and this information was amazing, so happy I didn't bother with ITS.

Cheers! I'll let you know when the plates come, and I'll let you know if I can retitle it effectively in wisconsin.
WI is really dumb about lost titles, and this information is sorely lacking on the interwebs. This thread is just the greatest thing, though.

EDIT: Plates came, no trouble so far!

Punkonjunk screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 06:16 PM
Punkonjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #124
toadson
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hey everyone, I have a 71 CL350 Honda that I bought with no title. I came across this post and decided to give it a try. I sent off the paperwork last week and got my temp plate in the mail today, but does the registration come later? It has a temp sticker on it, so I'm guessing the registration comes with a dated sticker? Thanks to the OP for this post, as it really saved a couple hundred bucks!

I just hope I can get a title issued through IL!
toadson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #125
peluka
n00b

Where to send the paperwork?

Any link,please.Thank you.
peluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #126
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by peluka View Post
Any link,please.Thank you.
Not sure if serious.

The DMV's address is all over their website, the forms, and the instructions to the forms.
der_saeufer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #127
scooterque
n00b

registered on this site today just to say thanks to all who contributed to advice on this matter. I completed the application process and 2 weeks later recieved my plate and paperwork. This was for a 1960's scooter. Was having a difficult time in my state on papers as it was legit but with lost history. Instead of getting the runaround and paying hefty fees with a title service, took the chance and did it myself. I did send the vermont odometer form just as a " too much info " cant hurt. Not sure if it helped or not. Again thanks to everyone on this thread who gave solid knowledge from experience and not he said, she said jargon...and thanks to vermont!
scooterque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #128
Punkonjunk
n00b

Yeahp, my temporary plates came today, in wisconsin. Will post again when I get my title!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #129
jmarran
n00b

Worked for me

I am new to this forum, but I found it when searching for solutions to my problem...I have a 1979 Honda Express II that I acquired without paperwork. It was a legitimate sale, but the original owner couldn't locate the papers...he hadn't registered the bike since 1993. New York wanted $50 for the "Title" search (even though titles aren't issued for Class A/B/C motorcycles), then $100 for the surety bond/bonded title...then tax...then the registration fee...etc. I mailed my application to Vermont on 9/12...and on 9/20 I received my Vermont plate and registration in the mail.

Dealing with Vermont DMV is the way ALL states should operate.

John
jmarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #130
birdman64
n00b

1995 Yamaha FZR 600

I am trying to purchase my sisters old bike but she doesn't have a title or last registration. She states that it was last registered in Alabama in 1998 but when she attempted to renew the registration they refused because she had lost the title. It has sat covered in her yard ever since. She basically at this point has no idea what to do to get a new title. Can I send these papers off to VT and get a tag and registration for it which I can then transfer to FL and get a new title? Is a VIN check required? I get confused reading the legal stuff. It is over 500cc and it is over 15 years old so does that mean it needs a VIN check and does it HAVE to be titled in VT? Any help will be appreciated. GREAT POST!!!
birdman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #131
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadson View Post
Hey everyone, I have a 71 CL350 Honda that I bought with no title. I came across this post and decided to give it a try. I sent off the paperwork last week and got my temp plate in the mail today, but does the registration come later? It has a temp sticker on it, so I'm guessing the registration comes with a dated sticker? Thanks to the OP for this post, as it really saved a couple hundred bucks!

I just hope I can get a title issued through IL!
Permanent registration usually takes a week or two. Got mine in less than 2-weeks and was set to go.

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #132
Punkonjunk
n00b

UPDATE: not too interesting, but I just got my registration card and stickers, see above for timeframe to wisconsin. When I get my motorcycle temps I'll attempt to get a title, and you know I'll be right back in this thread to let you know how wisco DMV feels about that. :)
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #133
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,180
Just mailed my application to Vermont

I have been trying locally for 6 months to get this resolved with the bureaucratic run-around the office that deals with this stuff has never bother to contact me with a yes or no so I have been following up with the I'll get right on this response.
I've mailed all my stuff to Vermont hoping for a better result on getting my 1971 CT 90 registered.
In the mean time I have refurbished it to good running condition with battery, points, plugs valve adjusted , new rubber, new mirrors, new rear hand brake and I had the seat recovered to original. It cruises around on level ground at about 43 MPH with a tops of 52 on a down hill roll. If I can get this registered and title I'm give it to my 13 year old Grandson if the parents get on board. They live on the western edge of the Rockies. It is just great location for this bike.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #134
DayTripper
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Eh? proof of ownership

Don, I am going to give this a try here in PA for a '72 Honda XL250 I bought recently in NJ; so far I have not had great success with other routes. I have been hearing bad things about the outfit in Nevada that is supposed to be able to handle these matters.

Will
2003 FJR and other old iron
DayTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #135
Squarehead
Crazed Lunatic

Oddometer: 54
Montana DMV

Hi all,

Thought I would go ahead a pipe in here. I work part time at our local county MVD. The process here is pretty straight forward to get a bonded title. The powers to be have tightened up just recently(it was ridiculous easy before), but the gist of it is that you do need to have a local Montana address, a VIN inspection MV20, an application for bonded title MV10, and a notarized bill of sale MV24. Street bikes cost $95 for a permanent registration and about $155 for permanent off highway and street.

If the value of the vehicle is over $500 you need to get a Surety Bond, unless it is off road only, about $75 reg.

We do titles for out of state people who set up an LLC for the local address. They pay $$$ to a company to do this.

Hope this helps.....

2004 R1150RS, anybody wanna trade for a 1150GS ???
Squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote