Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 844
Old 09-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #3557
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,767
OK kids....here's the deal...

these decals are now available, and come in 2 different sizes.

PM me for details and contact info.

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #3558
Chapstick
Iron Butt rider

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick46 View Post
ok kids....here's the deal...

These decals are now available, and come in 2 different sizes.

Pm me for details and contact info.
any chance of patches?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #3559
ARun4Your$
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Happy trails !!!

Good to see you back on the road, Doc.
ARun4Your$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #3560
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapstick View Post
any chance of patches?
I kin sure look into that for yas!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #3561
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,994
Quito to Banos

As I reenter my adventure on the road, it is taking a bit of time to get sorted back out again. Have some extra gear I brought down for Young James, Hector and Sherri Jo, so my bike feels loaded down. I also returned with extra stuff that I though I needed. In the process of wedding out everything that is truly "extra" and getting rid of it.

So I rode out of Quito headed south to Banos with Larry from BC (atadold on ADV). It took me awhile to get my bike loaded so we left around noon (yikes) ..... It was only a 4 hour ride direct as we decided it was too late to ride the road into Quilotoa Lake.

But first a quick stop to Say Hola to Guido at Los Choris. Be sure to stop by and see him if in Quito. His restaurant is across the street from Hotel Quito.

We headed out the tunnel through the bypass... Goodbye Quito Had a great time here !!

It has been very dry here the last couple months so there are lots of fires even right up to the city.

We arrived in Banos at about 4 and stayed at this great Hostel recommended by many people.
Hotel Cheminee $8.5 per person double. Just a block from main Hot Springs and close to town. Great parking and Carlos the owner is great!!

We took a walk around town and saw this bike. Would have loved to talk to the rider......

Real adventurer

Loved the spoke signs.....

Dinner the first night at Cafe Hood. Good food. You see these masks in Ecuador and they are all different and very interesting.

Back in South America again. Got to remember the rules. As a gringo it takes some getting used to.

Great view of a waterfall from the breakfast cafe at the hotel.

Good look over town as well. Bit cloudy today.

I always like the signs that I see. Item 5, just made me laugh.

Right near the hot springs..... Place to do Laundry

and also the Springs of the Virgin Mary. beautiful setting to relax.

Banos is a noted tourist area, with Hot springs, spa's and all kinds of outdoor adventures, biking, 4 wheel dune buggies, rafting, climbing, hiking, etc. Place you could spend some time doing these things.

Next day we took a ride down the Canyon toward Puyo which is in the Amazon Jungle. Always interesting to see the street vendors. Lots of full pigs prepared for a meal.

We stopped and took a 10 minute walk down to see a waterfall... It was huge and fun to be in the mist. But the hike back up took 30 minutes as it was a steep climb.

Down the valley there were many water falls.

You could Zip line over to this one.

Then we rode up into the mountain toward the Volcano. But we could not see it

Fun exploring! Lots of greenhouses growing fruits, vegetables !

After exploring around and a great dinner at the Swiss Bistro we signed up for a Steam Bath in a box at the hotel. Might as well try out some of the local attractions.

it was a 45 mile experience of Hot steam in the box, and then torturous cold water treatments But it felt great!

Was great to be back on the road, but I am feeling the pull to continue south as I had spent a fair amount of time in Ecuador, I need to get my bike serviced in Lima. So I only stayed a couple night in Banos. Larry stayed on to explore and I would leave on Saturday morning to ride to Cuenca.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #3562
BOBaloo22
RIP Baby Girl

Oddometer: 3,778
Glad to see you're riding again!

Be safe,

Bob
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #3563
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Say hello to the crazy Mexican/Canary Island expat for me if he is still hanging out in Qutio
Spoke with Canario last night. After I helped him to decide to buy a KTM 990 in Quito , he is now riding in Bolivia and I will meet up with him to ride in about a month!!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #3564
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,428
Good stuff, once again!
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #3565
petefromberkeley
-

Oddometer: 3,292
Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #3566
Radioman OP
Moto rider

The solo ride to Cuenca

Headed out of Banos riding to Cuenca for one last stop before heading into Peru. Not far from town I hit a police checkpoint and had to get off the bike and produce all my paperwork. Was not real problem, just part of being on the road in a foreign country Many times they just wave us through, but today it was a full stop.

Many of the town have large sculptures at their entrances.

Was a great day to ride the 240 miles. Started at 5,900 feet in Banos (1,800 Meters) and rode over two places 11,800 (3,600 meters) With temps from 46F (7C) to 77F (25C). See the road across the way. Nice!

Amazing views. The farms are on steep ground ....

Love the local dress of the Ecuadorians in the Andes.

Arrive Cuenca at about 3pm in time to unload my bike, and get settled in. Have some gear to sort out and get rid of some.... Always a challenge!

It is fun coming back to a place you have been, as you know your way around! Had a great dinner at La Vina in Cuenca.

Weather is nice. Nice churches and other building to see in Cuenca.

Sunday I decided to go to an english service at a Church I visited before. Was great as I kept in contact with Gary and Sue who are American living here. They were great encouragement last time I was here. Gary and Sue who we so kind and took me to lunch. It was great to be at a worship service!

Or the English version.

It was great to be able to see friendly faces that I met before, One guy even greeted me. "hey it's Radioman"

Just a couple pictures around town....

and construction project going on!

Have been trying to capture my thoughts from being on the road. It is sometimes hard as I had many thoughts in the 5.5 hour ride to Cuenca. I will start by saying that I am full of Gratitude to be able to make such an adventure. As I ride through the countryside I see and interact with locals who work to survive, and the idea of this kind of trip is just way out of there world of possibilities. I am Thankful each day. I have great family, friends, ADV community that are supportive and interested. I am healthy and have this opportunity. Humbled to the core with this blessing.

It is also part of my travels to meet people, see cultures and learn. Observing is so much apart of this ride for me. I love the feelings of motorcycling, the freedom to go, stop, and explore. I have said it before, but the best part of the travel is the people I meet and interact with, including online. Meeting and seeing the locals in their land, but also other travelers from all over the world. Very cool! As Larry and I traveled it really struck me how many young women are out traveling and not too many young men. For example at the hostel in Banos, We were having breakfast and there was a table of 11 young women and only one guy. Wish I was young again

Lastly the decision to make this chapter of my life about Adventure and travel. In times when I am on my own, it is time to be reflective. About Life in general, my wife and the journey it was to take care of her to the end. And now another chapter knowing I will have much more of life ahead of me God Willing. For me, these are important things to think about during this time on the road!

Thanks for following along, engaging in this adventure!

Radioman screwed with this post 09-17-2012 at 02:54 PM
Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #3567
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 4,011
Wow I was just messing around Mark, was excited/inspired by you getting back on the road, figured a combination of your signature name and pose was in order. Now I see it's gone viral I hope it does help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
There now...that didn't take so long!!...

I kin make 'em 3.5" x 5", or 2" x 3"....who want's acouple???
( need to figure out how to send any fundage to the Radioman to do with as he sees fit!)
Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #3568
livewire
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post

Lastly the decision to make this chapter of my life about Adventure and travel. In times when I am on my own, it is time to be reflective. About Life in general, my wife and the journey it was to take care of her to the end. And now another chapter knowing I will have much more of life ahead of me God Willing. For me, these are important things to think about during this time on the road!

Amen!

Vaya con Dios Radioman. :)
livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #3569
Smithee
F650 Beemerider

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
It is also part of my travels to meet people, see cultures and learn. Observing is so much apart of this ride for me. I love the feelings of motorcycling, the freedom to go, stop, and explore. I have said it before, but the best part of the travel is the people I meet and interact with, including online. Meeting and seeing the locals in their land, but also other travelers from all over the world. Very cool! As Larry and I traveled it really struck me how many young women are out traveling and not too many young men. For example at the hostel in Banos, We were having breakfast and there was a table of 11 young women and only one guy. Wish I was young again

Mark,

I'm looking forward to following your posts/blog about this next chapter. I regret not making it to the 2011 Hells Canyon Meet, where I'd have met you. I forget why I didn't make it in 2011, but have a vague memory it was work related. Planned to go this year as well but had to cancel to take delivery of a BMW f650gs.

Ride safe and post frequently!
'05 Yamaha V-Star Classic "Ultra Star" (for sale, make an offer)
Spot Track SmugMug Photos
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #3570
Rustler
Happy Camper

Oddometer: 146
The hits just keep on coming on the Radioman Network. This little gem from our pal J.T. South America seemed to leave a nice impression.

Rustler is offline   Reply With Quote