Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #286
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,705
Cabo - The Arch

Some times the tide is low enough where you can walk out to the Arch. But most of the time you have to swim around the point to get to the little beach under the arch. This is what I did. In fact, I brought a dry bag, sleeping bag and bottle of wine and slept in a seacave next to the arch one night. It was better than my $1000 a night room at Capella. I even had a sealion come up on the beach and sleep next to me.

Here's a shot on the sun coming up thru the arch the morning I slept in the sea cave.. I will be there on the beach in about 2 weeks. Going to sleep in the seacave again!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #287
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Cabo - The night life

Sleepy andBeautiful by day,..........crazy and wild at night
When the sun goes down, Cabo transforms in to a party town when almost anything goes.
Here's some pictures that I can show you.
But as they say in Mexico......."a gentleman has no memory"
Here I am doing the Cabo Wabo

Pink Kitty

Old 09-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #288
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Cabo - On the water

Cabo has some of the best fishing in the world
Taking out the 70' Viking

The Arch from the water

Late Winter/ early Spring is a great time to see the whales do their thing

Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #289
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Cabo????

This is sooooo not me.......but it was nice after riding a dirt bike for 6 days

Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #290
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Cabo......this could be you

Let's go!!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #291
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hi David
I guide tours for Chris Haines
Chris has been doing tours longer than anyone (almost 25 years)
He is 13 time Baja 1000 champion
He has had lots of famous names on his trips over the years
I know Bruce. I like him and he does a good job. But I think Chris Haines does the best job and it all depends on who your guide is. I like to have fun as you can see so my trips are always the best!!!
I can't wait to head down to Baja next Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbrundage View Post
is that a Go Baja Ridin' tour with Bruce?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #292
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hey DT
I need to post some pictures of my broken femur I guess :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

Wow, what a trip! Looks like bad things actually happen to you!

Thanks for sharing, very jealous minus the bee sting part....
Old 09-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #293
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Im somewhat conflicted on how I want to go through mexico once I do my south america trip. I know a bit of spanish (not really fluent but I can get by with basic stuff), and Mexico definitely seems beautiful, but I have heard so many bad things. I have considered crossing from the bottom tip of Texas and bombing my way down to the middle and south part of Mexico- I figure that might clear me of the drug lords. Just unpredictable down there..

Awesome pics and looks like a great time..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #294
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

There are 2 linds of stories coming out of Mexico these days..................the ones perpetuated by the media and then passed on by people that never visit the country AND then there's the TRUTH.
I am sure there are places in Mexico that are dangerous. But every town and country in the world has it bad places. I think the border towns are more at risk. All I can tell you is that I have visited Mexico (Baja) more than 100 times in the past 10 years and I have NEVER had a bad experience. Just the opposite.....I find it to be safe and the people to be warm and friendly. In my travels south, I am a bit afraid of going thru Columbia. But I am hoping that it is like Mexico and just gets a bad rap from the press. I am sure people do get kidnapped there but I think as long as I am smart and don't hang out in the wrong areas, don't associate myself with drugs of guns, then I should be ok.
So in short, don't be afraid of Mexico. It is a beautiful country. And don't judge it from a story that you heard from a friend's, friend's second cousin. Millions of people visit each year without trouble. I am heading down tomorrow in fact. I am not worried about getting my head cut off. My biggest danger and personal threat to my safety will be that red beast sitting between my legs........of course I am refering to the Honda motorcycle I will be riding down to Cabo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Im somewhat conflicted on how I want to go through mexico once I do my south america trip. I know a bit of spanish (not really fluent but I can get by with basic stuff), and Mexico definitely seems beautiful, but I have heard so many bad things. I have considered crossing from the bottom tip of Texas and bombing my way down to the middle and south part of Mexico- I figure that might clear me of the drug lords. Just unpredictable down there..

Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #295
qhfan2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post

GSF1200S - I too was skeptical going with Ed down into Baja. It actually caused some "tension" with my side of the family "pleading" Ed not to take me. I was a bit a nervous only because I was naive about Baja. I can honestly tell you I now feel like an Ambassodor for them now and try to share my positive experiences with people who are also skeptical. I don't want to influence too many people b/c I don't want it to get overrun by tourists either! I realize your going to mainland Mexico and if people believe what they read in the news about the drug cartels, the dangers, etc. that is your choice. Yes, it does happen but usually the victims are the people who are actually involved in it. People still come out to LA (which is near where I live) even though there is still gang violence, murders, etc but it's no longer news because unfortunately people are numb to it. Now, its more the norm... and sad. I think anywhere we go there are dangers, some hidden and some in your face. Good luck on your trip. I just had to share my experience of Baja. It's a great place and I look forward to getting back there!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #296
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well put qhfan2
Not only are you smart, but you are beautiful too

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhfan2 View Post
GSF1200S - I too was skeptical going with Ed down into Baja. It actually caused some "tension" with my side of the family "pleading" Ed not to take me. I was a bit a nervous only because I was naive about Baja. I can honestly tell you I now feel like an Ambassodor for them now and try to share my positive experiences with people who are also skeptical. I don't want to influence too many people b/c I don't want it to get overrun by tourists either! I realize your going to mainland Mexico and if people believe what they read in the news about the drug cartels, the dangers, etc. that is your choice. Yes, it does happen but usually the victims are the people who are actually involved in it. People still come out to LA (which is near where I live) even though there is still gang violence, murders, etc but it's no longer news because unfortunately people are numb to it. Now, its more the norm... and sad. I think anywhere we go there are dangers, some hidden and some in your face. Good luck on your trip. I just had to share my experience of Baja. It's a great place and I look forward to getting back there!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #297
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

BTW, that is me standing up in the picture on the far left. Half a second after this picture was taken, with the use of karate and ju jitsu, I kicked the gun out of the hand of the big army guy with my left leg and broke the ribs of the little guy next to me with my right leg. The little guy's gun went off and shot the guy next to the big guy on the right. And his body flew in the the guy on the far side, knocking him out cold. It all went exactly as I planned and it is a very common move to take out 4 men with guns. I am sure you have seen it on TV before. I call it "quattro sinko"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
This is what most people expect to see in Baja. The truth is.......as long as you are not carrying any drugs or guns with you, the military is there to make thing safe so you can roost all you want

Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #298
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Hillarious.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
BTW, that is me standing up in the picture on the far left. Half a second after this picture was taken, with the use of karate and ju jitsu, I kicked the gun out of the hand of the big army guy with my left leg and broke the ribs of the little guy next to me with my right leg. The little guy's gun went off and shot the guy next to the big guy on the right. And his body flew in the the guy on the far side, knocking him out cold. It all went exactly as I planned and it is a very common move to take out 4 men with guns. I am sure you have seen it on TV before. I call it "quattro sinko"
Old 09-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #299
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Borrego Springs with my cute GF

Back from Alaska
Heading to Cabo tomorrow
Central America and beyond next month
QHFAN2 and I set off for Anza Borrego to soak in the sun, dip in the pool and drink some wine
Actually I thought you might be tired of looking at my mug................so this is better

Beauty or beast?

Anyone ever been here? Cold beer, bad food and somewhere close by that your friends have never been to before
RD's Log Cabin

QHFAN2's old bike

Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #300
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Heading to Borrego Springs with my GF

Heading down Montazumas Grade

Hiking up Palm Cyn in the 100 degree heat

Camping at Yaqui Well

Closed Thread