Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #601
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 728
kozaz,

I would summarize the differences as follows:

The 200 weighs approximately 256 to 258 lbs dry. I believe that means there is no oil in the engine, no fuel in the tank and helium in the tires.

The 350 weighs about 295 lbs using the notoriously optimistic Japanese scales from the mid-eighties. My lower back pegs the number closer to 325# when I try to lift the Great White onto a stand.

The wheel base is very slightly shorter on the 200, which would impart a slight agility advantage in technical conditions when coupled with the weight disparity.

The 200s were produced in greater numbers thanks to their longer production run. However, the 350 has the MonoCross(tm) rear suspension which is easier to find a better shock for.

Some of the 200s were kickstart only. Others had electric and a kick. All of the 350s had electric and kick start, except for Cliff's #2 bike which has been enlisted in the Hollywood Madison Maintenance Program.

The biggest difference is, of course, that giant, steam-breathing, muscular mass of an engine on the 350. There simply is no more manly BigWheel than the mighty 350 Electric.

That being said: when Cliff and I were returning from the ride on the B-29 Trail we were riding on the shoulder of the road and passed a female rider on a TW200. I waved, expecting some recognition of kinship between the BW clan and the TW clan.

We were snubbed.

The conclusion that we reach over and over is: regardless of displacement, BWs are repulsive to the fairer sex.

Really? How could you possibly snub Evel Kliffneivel when he looks like this:

Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #602
BigE_50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BigWheel View Post
Mr. Bigwheel,

As a rider, owner, and fan of the TW200, I assure you that many of us do feel an affinity for the fabulous few with the BW. I often drop by these pages to see what is going on in the BW-world.

As a woman, I would like to explain the actions of my TW-riding sister, who seemingly ignored you. In fact, the BW is such a specter of masculinity, testosterone, and might that I suspect she was overwhelmed by the sight of two of you at once. I know I’m feeling a little breathless right now, just looking at the photo above. I can only imagine the impact of you and Cliff valiantly popping wheelies (which I’m sure you did) as you rode intrepidly down the shoulder of the road. Were the bikes dirty? That can only add to the virile and heroic image.

Did you look back after you passed her? She probably had to pull over to loosen the bodice of her riding gear so she wouldn’t faint. Rest assured that those of us with two X chromosomes find the BW every bit as alluring as the TW.

Sincerely,
Big E

BigE_50 screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 11:12 AM
BigE_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #603
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,609
Quote:
How could you possibly snub Evel Kliffneivel
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #604
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 248
My wife would certainly agree that I am evel, and she does snub me on a regular basis, and now that I have two BW's, she seems to snub me twice as much. It was nice to "Air" it out a bit at elevation this past weekend. A sanity ride was on the agenda as a required item. I can now better focus on how to divert limited funds towards future BW projects.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #605
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Big E,

Thank you for your kind words. My ego has been reinflated to near pre-snub levels. As all BigWheelers know, ANY sympathy, even if utterly patronizing or gratuitous is eagerly and gratefully received.

More importantly, I will be checking all riders that I cross paths with to see if they have properly bodice-equipped riding gear.

Another example of Cliff's absolute virility is that when he is not working his day job as a swimsuit model, he is equally comfortable on the other side of the lens:

Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #606
BigE_50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Oh, My!

BigE_50 screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 11:23 AM
BigE_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #607
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

The BW lives!

What a blast, even with a slipping clutch. Time to order some plastics
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #608
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

That is indeed sweet!

Since you are breaking out the checkbook, I would recommend an additional plastic/metal purchase.

http://www.partshark.com/fiche_secti...=1987&fveh=205

#29 is the "chaincase." Sixty well-spent dollars. It's just the sprocket cover, but it goes a long way towards protection. Not for the bike but for you.

It is an odd feeling to have the chain grinding against your boot as you ride. It would probably be even more odd to have it grinding into your leg after a crash. I am a big Chaincase Booster.

I love spending other people's money.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #609
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
That is indeed sweet!

Since you are breaking out the checkbook, I would recommend an additional plastic/metal purchase.

http://www.partshark.com/fiche_secti...=1987&fveh=205

#29 is the "chaincase." Sixty well-spent dollars. It's just the sprocket cover, but it goes a long way towards protection. Not for the bike but for you.

It is an odd feeling to have the chain grinding against your boot as you ride. It would probably be even more odd to have it grinding into your leg after a crash. I am a big Chaincase Booster.

I love spending other people's money.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Thanks, it is an odd feeling having the chain rubbing your heal!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #610
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
I am a TW200 fan. I bought a fairing shroud from an inmate for my XR650L and he told me about the blast he was having with his big wheel. Naturally I had to come look! I am in love.

Will it fit me? I doubt it? I am 6'6" and 235, but I am . time to read the tread and get smart on the beasties before I spend anymore $$. If I buy another bike I'll be thrown out of the house, but I know that John with have sympathy and let me move in, since it is his fault that I have the bug now.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #611
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Buy one.You will not regret it.
They are not super fast but they make you grin.
If you are the kind of person that does not have to have the latest and greatest bike and just want to have fun you'll love it.
Just my .02.
i get through the woods faster on mine than I should!
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #612
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shercoman View Post
Buy one.You will not regret it.
They are not super fast but they make you grin.
If you are the kind of person that does not have to have the latest and greatest bike and just want to have fun you'll love it.
Just my .02.
i get through the woods faster on mine than I should!

My truck is an '01 dodge 4x4 diesel, my "small bike" is an '04 Honda XR650L, so I guess I would say that I prefer function over form. The are two problems 1st (biggest) getting OK from the boss, 2nd finding one that is in good shape (for a moderate amount $)

F*CK CANCER
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #613
Conner
Charlie Ringo

Oddometer: 309
Hi Lonestar!

I picked up a rolling basket case a little while ago cheap enough to buy it first, then tell my wife about it. In other words, 200$.
I'm amassing ebay parts. Should have it running before too long.
These things have a cult following. I like cults, I'll fit right in.

Bob, can't you see us riding around Death Valley on a couple of these? James Renazco told me he'd be happy to build me a seat...

Conner in Sacramento
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #614
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
I picked up a rolling basket case a little while ago cheap enough to buy it first, then tell my wife about it. In other words, 200$.
I'm amassing ebay parts. Should have it running before too long.
These things have a cult following. I like cults, I'll fit right in.

Bob, can't you see us riding around Death Valley on a couple of these? James Renazco told me he'd be happy to build me a seat...

Conner in Sacramento
Conner,

You read my mind buddy! that is eactly what I was thinking of. Go out and raise hell with it riding all over the place.

I guess I need to start looking for a basket case and start building! Does Kali consider them a green or a red sticker bike?

F*CK CANCER
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #615
Conner
Charlie Ringo

Oddometer: 309
tw200

The little 200 is street legal in Ca. No sticker required. Ever.

It's the same game we play with the big bikes, just much cheaper. I'm pretty excited about owning one. Parts are easy to come by.

C2
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote