ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
jbar28 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Moto Guzzi Museum visit

As part of a week riding in the Italian Alps my friend Pete (tt100) and I visited the Moto Guzzi Museum in Mandello del Lario, Italy. Niether of us are Guzzi owners, but both would like to be someday.

The museum collection is a great bunch of bikes, in restored and unrestored condition. From the very first GP model through the racing bikes of the pre-war and post-war era, up to the modern v-twin bikes. You could easily spend the one hour they are open (M-F 3pm to 4pm) just looking at the variety of valve train arrangements MG has used over the years.

Someday I'm going to own a red Moto Guzzi. It has to be red, the ONLY correct color for a Guzzi, as you can see!

And while I'd like to have a Norge, I have a feeling that this is probably closer to my budget

Like my friend Mark who said he was going to buy an antique Lamborghini tractor he saw for sale for $8000, just because it was the only way he'd ever be able to truthfully say he had a Lambo!

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in looking at over 200 pictures Pete and I took, good shots, bad ones, duplicates, and the rest, they're all HERE!

Enjoy.

Jim

jbar28 screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 06:48 AM Reason: link
jbar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Pokeyjoe
Aprilia Dorsoduro

Oddometer: 344
Thanks for the link and the tour. I didn't see one of these. Did they have one?

Pokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
jbar28 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Crazy...

Closest thing they had was one of these

Looks similar but for the crazy wall-climber attachment. What you would really do with it I can hardly imagine.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
Museum

That is hands down the best collection of pictures from the museum I've ever seen. I finally got to see it in all it's splendor. Thank you.

IBA#39,523

conchscooter screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 07:02 PM
conchscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
jbar28 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
That is hands down the best collection of pictures from the museum I've ever seen. I finally fot to see it in all it's splendor. Thank you.
Exactly why we posted them all. You never know which one is going to be the one someone has been wanting to see. Worth the trip especially if you can combine it with riding in the Alps / Dolomites.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
marc-s
photographer

Oddometer: 104
and if you want to see an old Guzzi engine in motion: here's mine http://vimeo.com/13889820
marc-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
CharlieFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc-s View Post
and if you want to see an old Guzzi engine in motion: here's mine http://vimeo.com/13889820
CharlieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
jbar28 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks!

Of course the only the missing at the Moto Guzzi Museum, I now realize, is seeing one of those old engines with the exposed valve train actually running. Very high quality video, too. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
marc-s
photographer

Oddometer: 104
you're welcome. posted the following pictures already in another Guzzi thread, but why not repost them here... they're from my 1946 Superalce I'm currently rebuilding... long way to go as I only work on her in the winter months!

marc-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
ardbeglily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Fabulous

Great set of pics. I love those old racing bikes and those three wheelers were fantastic.
ardbeglily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
PonyExpres
ScratchinMyAss

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar28 View Post
As part of a week riding in the Italian Alps my friend Pete (tt100) and I visited the Moto Guzzi Museum in Mandello del Lario, Italy. Niether of us are Guzzi owners, but both would like to be someday.

The museum collection is a great bunch of bikes, in restored and unrestored condition. From the very first GP model through the racing bikes of the pre-war and post-war era, up to the modern v-twin bikes. You could easily spend the one hour they are open (M-F 3pm to 4pm) just looking at the variety of valve train arrangements MG has used over the years.

Someday I'm going to own a red Moto Guzzi. It has to be red, the ONLY correct color for a Guzzi, as you can see!

And while I'd like to have a Norge, I have a feeling that this is probably closer to my budget

Like my friend Mark who said he was going to buy an antique Lamborghini tractor he saw for sale for $8000, just because it was the only way he'd ever be able to truthfully say he had a Lambo!

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in looking at over 200 pictures Pete and I took, good shots, bad ones, duplicates, and the rest, they're all HERE!

Enjoy.

Jim
Thanks for posting those pictures. Not really a Guzzi guy but on the other hand I like any bike. Looked like an impressive collection with loads of eye candy. Two thmbs way up.
PonyExpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
karmatourer
STD free

Oddometer: 2,285
Cry

The ONLY correct color for ANYTHING Italian.Excellent pics-thanks for sharing.
Open 3-4pm only-what a shame.