ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #2086
ph0rk
Doesn't Care
 
ph0rk's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Oaktown
Oddometer: 2,045
Guzzi v7 classic. I love the looks and hear it's more nimble than the bonnie (which felt quite meh).

minimike's with HB journey bags looks stellar!
__________________
--Semantics are everything.
ph0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #2087
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGypsy View Post
did i mention the high ball goes like a damned bullet train and will give a little throttle wheelie in first gear? (i didn't mean to do it. i'm being serious. i just nailed the throttle, and SURPRISE! it came back down on it's own shortly after, but holy shit this bike FLIES!)
You're not helping. Or are helping. Take your pick.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #2088
625SXC
Studly Adventurer
 
625SXC's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokinrider View Post


Heres what I'm talking about. light powerful nimble. Very neutral riding position.... Me Like
I went to the Victory Truck test rides at my local dealer. Thought the Judge would be the bike for me. But the sucker has the worst cornering clearance of any bike I had ridden. On just normal turns the bike scraped the ground. I then rode the Cross Country and once moving it felt like a sport bike compared to the Judge. I tried to get the CC to drag and couldn't do it.
__________________
2007 FJR1300
2005 KTM 950 Adventure Black
2005 KTM 525MXC
2006 KTM 200 XC-W
2003 KTM 200SX/EXC hybrid
625SXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #2089
Pokeyjoe
Aprilia Dorsoduro
 
Pokeyjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0rk View Post
Guzzi v7 classic. I love the looks and hear it's more nimble than the bonnie (which felt quite meh).

minimike's with HB journey bags looks stellar!
The current Classic is rolling into history. The new models rolling off the truck are the Stone, Special, and Racer. And yes, its more nimble and lighter (kinda go hand-in-hand).
Pokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #2090
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer
 
dmac57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVFR View Post
My next bike will be a blacked out Harley bobber, and I'll ride it home from my lobotomy.
Fixt that for ya.
__________________
"Everybody's got to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer."
- W. C. Fields
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #2091
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer
 
mrbreeze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 8,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasteam View Post
I have one !!! '08 VTX1800 T3 . Reliable like a steel hammer and all that torque !!! I think VTX1800 engine is one of the best if not the best twin cruiser motors ever built.

^^^^^this...
__________________
2013 Suzuki DL650 Adventure

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #2092
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by 625SXC View Post
I went to the Victory Truck test rides at my local dealer. Thought the Judge would be the bike for me. But the sucker has the worst cornering clearance of any bike I had ridden. On just normal turns the bike scraped the ground. I then rode the Cross Country and once moving it felt like a sport bike compared to the Judge. I tried to get the CC to drag and couldn't do it.
Strange, I rode one at Daytona last year and didn't scrape anything. I rode a Cross Country as well and while it was a good bike, I didn't find it nearly as fun to ride as the Judge.

The bike I kept scraping boards on was the Kawasaki Vacquero, That thing seemed dangerous to me.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #2093
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer
 
mrbreeze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 8,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGypsy View Post
yeah, but there's gotta be something less beige than a honda vtx...victory? kawi? suzuki? triumph? guzzi? bmw? anything? maybe it's just me, but honda's line has been putting me to sleep for a few years now.

I think the styling is really good - it's classy and timeless, not overdone like the Stratoliner and Roadliner. I like the newer Victory's, but I think they cost too much. I like Kawi's 1700's and the 2000 LT, which may still be a possibility. Looking back at old comparison tests though, the Honda got better reviews. Much better. I like the Triumph Rocket 3, just not sure I would want to live with something THAT big day after day. Suzuki? Well I have sworn off Suzuki's, but to be honest, the M109R SE really blows my skirt up. I have heard of lots of people having clutch problems with them, and I doubt Mrs. B. would like it.

Like I said, I like the styliing of the Honda VTX1800 line. Never heard an owner say one bad word about them, other than they can be a bit thirsty (true of all big cruisers, right?). And they're Hondas. They should last forever, and blow my buddy's $45,000 Harley into the weeds. And that's important!

and then there is this. It was one of the first RR's I read when I started hanging around here, and it has really stuck with me. This guy took an old fashioned overweight out of production Honda for one heckuva ride.
__________________
2013 Suzuki DL650 Adventure

Travels with Maw Maw

mrbreeze screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 02:07 PM
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #2094
bingbong
Studly Adventurer
 
bingbong's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Obidos, Portugal
Oddometer: 759
Mutly

I've ordered it but have to wait a few weeks but I want it today


Why must we always have to wait for new toys?
__________________
Ducati Multi1200
"you're never too old to learn something stupid" -- unknown.
bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #2095
Domromer
Desert Rat
 
Domromer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Oddometer: 1,084
Today, a well farkled xrl650 that I'd use to explore the desert.
__________________
If all you ever do is all you’ve ever done, then all you’ll ever get is all you ever got.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #2096
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
I've ordered it but have to wait a few weeks but I want it today
Why must we always have to wait for new toys?
Did you sell your MegaMoto...?
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #2097
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 448




Does anyone else see some style similarities?
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #2098
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer
 
spezjag's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 7,790
The thinking man's hot rod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EetsOK View Post
This:
__________________
Gary

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #2099
DJGypsy
Ewok Taxidermist
 
DJGypsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: near Orlando, FL
Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
I think the styling is really good - it's classy and timeless, not overdone like the Stratoliner and Roadliner. I like the newer Victory's, but I think they cost too much. I like Kawi's 1700's and the 2000 LT, which may still be a possibility. Looking back at old comparison tests though, the Honda got better reviews. Much better. I like the Triumph Rocket 3, just not sure I would want to live with something THAT big day after day. Suzuki? Well I have sworn off Suzuki's, but to be honest, the M109R SE really blows my skirt up. I have heard of lots of people having clutch problems with them, and I doubt Mrs. B. would like it.

Like I said, I like the styliing of the Honda VTX1800 line. Never heard an owner say one bad word about them, other than they can be a bit thirsty (true of all big cruisers, right?). And they're Hondas. They should last forever, and blow my buddy's $45,000 Harley into the weeds. And that's important!

and then there is this. It was one of the first RR's I read when I started hanging around here, and it has really stuck with me. This guy took an old fashioned overweight out of production Honda for one heckuva ride.
you really seem to have found your unicorn then just ride the snot out of it, don't let it sit!
__________________
-Dan
it's not the destination, it's the journey
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...3012175630.jpg
DJGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #2100
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,751
Yamaha Bulldog 1100

!





Drool anyone?
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014