ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #316
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
I'd also like to dedicate this ride to my father, who three weeks previous to the Rally was ravaged by a severe stroke. Rather then delay the inevitable, he chose to move on quickly... I believe he merely wanted to travel along on the ride from above and insured all of our safety. I love you Dad.

Touched as hell!! Got serious dust in my eyes...

God speed to your dad and props to you for sharing the dream with his spirit, memorializing him with the ride.
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #317
rburkat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rburkat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Oddometer: 267
Good times

Here is my story and a video of china hat powerline in case you're missing it as much as I am. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Pcvj_GMcA


My bike looked liked this 2 days before I left for the rally and I didn't think I would get to go. ( Hmm, maybe I can got with just one cylinder?)

I'm so glad I rushed and got it all working for this ride.

I left Vancouver at 10pm Monday night and hooked up with Ian and Darryl Tuesday morning near Seattle. We had a great fast paced ride down to Hood River.


Thanks to Jeff for putting us up on his property where we had a great meet and greet with tools, meat, and beer.





At the rally we quickly compiled a great group of beer drinkers and only the great trail selection of our local guides could pull us away from our Bend brewery crawl.

Lets go "there"...


Ok..are we "there" yet?







My favorite trails were the unnamed single track by the canal we rode the last day and the China Hat powerline area.

I left Bend via the China Hat Powerline trail and made a 2 day run on back roads and pavement back to Canada.

All loaded up with my Giant Loop and tent but getting in one last ride...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Pcvj_GMcA

Big thanks to Ian, Darryl, Justin, Jeff, Claude, Matt, Bartek, Scott, and all the other riders. Until we ride again,
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #318
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,097
Great pics of the scene at Apple Jam's.
That power line ride video looks excellent! I sure have spent a minute or two, on those lava fields, wondering if I was going to make it out...
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #319
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,093
had a great time... nice meeting you Radek.

Here are a few pics from our Rally the bottom pic is a wreck that we came up on. We dragged the guy from the car and it rolled 7 times over 70 feet.. crazy scene.. 2 dead deer flew out of the truck.. he was hunting at night.. what made him crash ? deer in the road.. FK N A

















__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #320
nvdesertrat
Nevada Desert Rat
 
nvdesertrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Nevada
Oddometer: 208
Some More Pics



Fremont Point Above Paisley OR



Deschutes River Valley



Somewhere on the Sisters Loop
__________________
Doug
2009 KTM 990 Adventure R
2010 KTM 450 EXC
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
nvdesertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #321
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,988
Jimmy Lewis put on several good training sessions at this KTM Rally. Always worth listening to Jimmy's lessons no matter how long you have been riding. Good reminders even for the experienced.







Since CJracer was in this session, Craig let Jimmy try out the Amazing 2WD drive 950 with EXP Autoclutch! I think he liked it.











I had a chance to try it too, and I can tell you, it's a really cool bike. Amazing traction in the loose stuff!




Thanks CJ!
I want one!

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #322
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!
 
Alleycatdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
Oddometer: 1,420
Not sure you're gettin much traction otta the front here...





S
__________________
When in doubt, PIN IT! It may not help, but it'll sure end the suspense...
Wretched Exce$$ See ADVr's around the world-ADV spotwalla page
Riding Wretched Wretched Passes
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #323
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
You forgot one of the pictures that added to the beard. Remember the shot-ski? How come the banquet room looks empty and you guys are still there drinking?!

Good to meet you guys this weekend!

Brent

I did forget about that. Holy crap that was a fun night!

Here is one more from our trip up to Bend. Water crossings are fun.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #324
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer
 
K_N_Fodder's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Ten Sleep, WY
Oddometer: 941
Man, I had a ball. Although most of it was in some kind of haze of dust and terror at being run over by a 250 lb guy on a 500 lb bike, going *really* fast. I always thought my 450 EXC was pretty tough. That is, until Scott, I think, rolled up next to me while I was pinned in 6th gear, laughed, and casually dug a 2" deep trench away from me on hardpack gravel. Then Bartek (sp?) flew by, exhaust popping because he'd rolled OFF the throttle and was still going 25 mph faster than I was...

This and other episodes (hill-climbing narrow cinder pit climbs I can't even make it up) should have led me to question their judgement, but all thoughts of judgement were smashed when they decided to get "beer" for the evening. In Bend. .


Darryl winces in pain...

Unlike some of my compatriots here in Beervanna (you know who you are Jim) I will *never* turn down a cold beer, and we had a darned good evening. (Although there were more displays of questionable judgement, somebody beat me to the 4up hula hoop toss picture... )

I have a few more pics I could post but this darned "work" thing is getting in the way of life after playing hookie last week.

Radek - you live in BC right? And the China Hat powerline goes south.... ? :)
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #325
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer
 
K_N_Fodder's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Ten Sleep, WY
Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Paul View Post
had a great time... nice meeting you Radek.

Here are a few pics from our Rally the bottom pic is a wreck that we came up on. We dragged the guy from the car and it rolled 7 times over 70 feet.. crazy scene.. 2 dead deer flew out of the truck.. he was hunting at night.. what made him crash ? deer in the road.. FK N A
Hunting at night. Nice. Spotlighting at night, more like. Idiot. Lucky you guys came by.
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #326
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Man, I had a ball. Although most of it was in some kind of haze of dust and terror at being run over by a 250 lb guy on a 500 lb bike, going *really* fast. I always thought my 450 EXC was pretty tough. That is, until Scott, I think, rolled up next to me while I was pinned in 6th gear, laughed, and casually dug a 2" deep trench away from me on hardpack gravel. Then Bartek (sp?) flew by, exhaust popping because he'd rolled OFF the throttle and was still going 25 mph faster than I was...

This and other episodes (hill-climbing narrow cinder pit climbs I can't even make it up) should have led me to question their judgement, but all thoughts of judgement were smashed when they decided to get "beer" for the evening. In Bend. .


Darryl winces in pain...

Unlike some of my compatriots here in Beervanna (you know who you are Jim) I will *never* turn down a cold beer, and we had a darned good evening. (Although there were more displays of questionable judgement, somebody beat me to the 4up hula hoop toss picture... )

I have a few more pics I could post but this darned "work" thing is getting in the way of life after playing hookie last week.

Radek - you live in BC right? And the China Hat powerline goes south.... ? :)

Ah, but that Beer did taste good while watching those guys 3up on Radeks bike
Thanks for the ride, I had a blast. Now after looking at this photo, Its time for a serious diet and training regiment.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #327
rburkat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rburkat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Radek - you live in BC right? And the China Hat powerline goes south.... ? :)
That is correct. The nice thing about taking a great trail that is in the opposite direction you're going is that.... you get to ride it TWICE!

Thanks again for the great tour.
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #328
Sapling
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Sapling's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sammamish WA
Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Ah, but that Beer did taste good while watching those guys 3up on Radeks bike
Thanks for the ride, I had a blast. Now after looking at this photo, Its time for a serious diet and training regiment.

Did I see you there??? I don't recall running into you...

I hope to get my pics up tonight or in the morning
__________________
2008 990 ADV AK map Ti Q4 pipes
Woods setup Yz 450F
http://www.youtube.com/user/saplingthrasher
Sapling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #329
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!
 
Xtremjeepn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: SaddleRock, Colorado
Oddometer: 1,814
Talking

Still working my way home to Denver from the rally.
__________________
Cole Ford<----my iPad app ...and iPhone version.....Android Tablet version

06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
FOR SALE 02 F650GS DAKAR
FOR SALE 2 KLR650s http://coffeemotorcycleswine.blogspot.com/
Xtremjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #330
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Ah, but that Beer did taste good while watching those guys 3up on Radeks bike
Thanks for the ride, I had a blast. Now after looking at this photo, Its time for a serious diet and training regiment.
yes it did... thanks bartek !
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014