Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #5431
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 35,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
I'm on the 360. If anybody wants to add me on XBL, same user name. We usually have a party going all the time but I'll drop invites if we have free space.
I'll probably have the game soon, sent a message...my username has Bruins in it.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #5432
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
It's ok so far but seems more like an expansion pack for Borderlands than a second version. The art, guns and animations are the same. Even the bad guys are the same.
I might wait a bit to see if I really want it. I like the cell shading of the first. I saw that a lot of the same characters are still there as well. I'd guess the regular enemies would be the same or similar since it's the same planet. I never got to play MP though. How many can join a group at once?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #5433
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
/shrug
Different enemies other than Psychos or midgets with shotguns?

Just seems pricey at 60 bucks for the same piece of code, just re-written.
You are still on the same planet so there has to be some of the same inhabitants. I have seen "different" monsters like the boogiemongs that seem to have replaced the skaggs.

To me that would be like complaining about a NEW Call of duty in a New middle eastern country having similar enimies to a previous COD game.

The funniest thing I have seen so far has been when I scoped in on a bandit and his evasion technique was to strike a pose, spin then moonwalk away from where he was.

Depending on the the hours to complete the game the 60 dollars may or may not be expensive. I bought RAGE new for 60 and completed the game in 17 hours. I bought Borderlands for 60 and played it for more than 35 to 40 hours (per charactor build) of gameplay before I bought any DLC. I played it for way less than a dollar an hour when you count in the COOP play and online play with some buddies. I think the value will be the same with borderlands 2. I hope so anyway.

YMMV

Joe
Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #5434
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post

Depending on the the hours to complete the game the 60 dollars may or may not be expensive. I bought RAGE new for 60 and completed the game in 17 hours. I bought Borderlands for 60 and played it for more than 35 to 40 hours (per charactor build) of gameplay before I bought any DLC. I played it for way less than a dollar an hour when you count in the COOP play and online play with some buddies. I think the value will be the same with borderlands 2. I hope so anyway.

YMMV

Joe

Seriously, I never complain about games because you get so much for your money. I put in 120 hours in Borderlands a couple of years ago. $60/120 = $0.50/hour. Can't beat that value, unless your idea of entertainment is staring at the wall.

Weekend before last I found myself with nothing to do so I decided to pop in Borderlands just to get a feel for the game again and before I knew it I sank another 20 hours into it the week before Borderlands 2 came out. I forgot how fun it was.

12 hours into Borderlands 2 and it's just plain better than the first. You don't need to do much to sequel an already great game.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #5435
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,548
Borderlands 2 is already installed, I dare not fire it up as it is 3am here right now... I loved the 1st one and I think the sequel will be equally nice. I had downloaded the first dl content but it was rubbish, one badly designed in a hurry map, even if it's the same game but with new, well designed maps I'm good (and I read it is much better than that).

I'm also downloading black mesa, polishing my crowbar as we speak...

I remember how beautiful the graphics looked when I played half life 1 long ago, and recently I played a youtube complete walkthrough video out of nostalgia. Boy those graphics suck by today's standards! Hopefully black mesa will help make the game re-playable because I really want to go back to that magnificent, huge, awe-inspiring facility...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #5436
jsalman93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
PC Gamers

Any Starcraft 2 players out there?

I really wanna try playing borderlands sometime, heard good things about it

2006 Yamaha FZ6
1992 Suzuki Gs500e (in progress)
jsalman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #5437
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
I remember how beautiful the graphics looked when I played half life 1 long ago, and recently I played a youtube complete walkthrough video out of nostalgia. Boy those graphics suck by today's standards! Hopefully black mesa will help make the game re-playable because I really want to go back to that magnificent, huge, awe-inspiring facility...
I hope they give it a little more scary/gritty realism.

Good graphics were hard to do back then, but for all the aliens and weird shit they had in that game it felt a bit cartoonish to me.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #5438
trailNtent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
I'm loving Borderlands2, the guns seem a lot different from the first game, and I like the humor of it. Everything seems improved and it's way more up my alley these days than the overdone COD type corridor, scripted shooter.

trailNtent screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 08:42 PM
trailNtent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #5439
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,415
Please don't mistake my mild critique for actual criticism. I love the game. My Commando rocks.

And unlike the first one, it's not too easy.

Lvl 12 now.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:57 AM   #5440
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
... unlike the first one, it's not too easy.
No kidding! I thought it was easy for the first couple levels then bam! I was getting killed repeatedly. Some of the sayings are just too funny. after rematerializing from death the machine said something like " so you died, all the cool kids are trying(or doing) that now. Had me laughing.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #5441
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Seriously, I never complain about games because you get so much for your money. I put in 120 hours in Borderlands a couple of years ago. $60/120 = $0.50/hour. Can't beat that value, unless your idea of entertainment is staring at the wall.

Egg-fuckin-zackary.

For a long time I've assigned the arbitrary value of $10/hr to most toys that I buy. If something costs me $100, I'll be happy if I get 10 hours of use of it.

For video games, it always works out, because I almost always play them for longer than 6 hours! I spent 140 hours on two playthroughs of the latest Zelda game on Wii. Plenty happy with that. Most games see an average of 50-60 hours before I get bored with it. But then I may come back years later. Some games I play indefinitely.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #5442
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Any of you adv gamers play bf3 on the ps3? I play with a great bunch of guys in a clan of older players. Its real casual we have alot of fun. Ive been playing with many of them for 8 years. Oct is going to be an expensive month, medal of honor, assasins creed and the new resident evil. Evil has a new demo available on the ps store. All this talk of borderlands has got me interested.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #5443
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,478
CodyY

on PSN.

UrbanXJ gets on every once in a while.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #5444
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
Any of you adv gamers play bf3 on the ps3? I play with a great bunch of guys in a clan of older players. Its real casual we have alot of fun. Ive been playing with many of them for 8 years. Oct is going to be an expensive month, medal of honor, assasins creed and the new resident evil. Evil has a new demo available on the ps store. All this talk of borderlands has got me interested.
Posts like this make me feel like I clicked the wrong thread.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #5445
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 489
I'm kinda rushing through Borderlands 2 because Dishonored comes out on Oct. 8. That one's gonna be sucking up all my time just like the Fallouts, I just know it.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: