Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Rider View Post
Hi Revzilla team,

I've been off bikes for quite a while. I'm just about to get back into it, specifically adventure/dual sport touring and im happy as hell because my partner wants a bike too.
We've been looking for some good quality riding gear to suit our conditions and need some help. We are both finding it extremely frustrating at the lack of good gear out there for women as well. What would you recommend for an adventure/dualsport jacket and pants combo ( they dont have to match). Our priorities are quality and comfort, protection and ventilation. At this stage that is more important than price. Here in Australia, and where we will be riding we are less concerned with waterproofing (internal layers would be out most of the time) and much more concerned with staying as cool as we can in temps up to 90-100deg + it would be nice to have the ability to wear layers underneath or a liner for warmth when it is needed but we are happy to use a goretex or similar over-jacket/pants when it rains. what would be your top few mens choices and ladies choices for this application. usage would be probably 70-30 offroad-onroad.

Thanks for the advice.

DS
Hey DS Rider,

Finding the right gear for you is going to be the easy part. There is a ton of quality gear out there. I suggest checking out REV'IT! and Klim for starters. Generally speaking, if you are built more tall and slender, REV'IT! will be a better fit. If you have broad shoulders or a bigger build, Klim will work better.
Finding gear for your partner is going to be a bit trickier. Us lady riders represent a small segment of the motorcycle community, and the adventure crowd is even smaller...so, finding proper adventure gear can be a challenge. I have a pair of REV'IT! Ladies Ventura pants and love them. They are offered in 3 different inseam lengths, have removable thermal and waterproof layers and are very comfortable. I've used them from 30 degrees to 85 degrees comfortably. I don't personally ride the Ventura jacket, but I know many women who really love that too. Olympia has several ladies offerings that might work, they might not be adventure-specific, but they often have great temperature flexibility and good options for warmer weather riding.
For 90 degrees plus, you definitely want to go with a mesh riding outfit. The REV'IT! Airwave set-up is available in both men's and ladies options. The Airwave isn't as robust as some of the more adventure-specific gear, but still offers CE protection in shoulders, elbows and knees and the back protector can be upgraded.
If you want to discuss more options, we encourage you to call our Gear Geeks who are all well versed in adventure gear and I am always here to help if you have more questions about ladies gear.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote