Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #16
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
I was in South Africa a couple of weeks ago and saw more than one different adventure kit fitted to 690's. KTM Capetown had 2 in their showroom. One used, with the extra bodywork slightly unfinished on the backside, and one brand new with v. nicely made supporting brackets and bodywork. Both kits were locally made.
Yeah, they call it the Oryx:

http://www.ktmcapetown.co.za/?p=6157

Mudguts tried to buy a kit from them but it didn't work out I believe? Not sure why though.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,809
Me Likey!

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
Deviant666 OP
Present

Oddometer: 526
Last photo bike...

The bike in the last photo is......Cyril's Depres 690 from 2010 Dakar...it was in the shop when my bike got a new set of sprockets and chain...they fired it up for me ....and the god of thunder struck my spine...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
Deviant666 OP
Present

Thumb More of Depres's bike

The pictures aren't that good because I depended on an extended video that I took of the bike....unfortunately when I tried to replay it I found out that it was corrupted...
Old 08-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #20
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,565
Hot damn.....any news on when and where that kit is going to be available ? That is exactly what I need

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #21
Pheebs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Sam and I have been looking at ways to adapt our KTM 690 Enduro R 2012s for our RTW charity trip and have spent many a month researching different kits and tanks. Our key requirements have been: bigger fuel tanks (need a range of about 300miles), a fairing, better lights, bash plates and various other bits and bobs to help us get through some awesomely varied terrain. There's a fair few options out there but nothing really grabbed us and made us go PHWOAR.... until we stumbled on the above kit!

You should have seen Sam. He instantly went weak in the knees, had a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat's and started babbling! I too fell in love with it and with us both keen to know who what when or how we ended up chatting to various peoples which led us back to KTM Basel. After liaising with the guys there we found out more and it matches all our requirements and more absolutely perfectly!

So!! ...In 2 weeks time we're taking a little ride over to Switzerland from the UK to have both of our 690's kitted out with it so we can then take them on a wee adventure around the world with us (See our thread... Chasing Horizons)!! WheeeeeeeEEEeEEeeeee!

The team have been truly amazing to speak to and the work and dedication they're putting into making a top class kit sounds phenomenal! It's going to take anywhere between 7 - 10days to kit out both bikes... we're both excited to see them evolve into the above beauties!

We'll make sure we take lots of pictures, videos and notes on the kit and post up the progress of them as it's happening!

Stupendously excited!

Pheebs screwed with this post 09-01-2012 at 07:17 AM
Pheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,565
Awesome, rtw on a badass machine

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
supercoyote
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
If you get anywhere near Alberta, I wouldn't leave it alone for too long or it might end up in my garage

That thing is just too sexy. If the 690's would have had an adventure version like the 640's, especially with that white paint job, I think my bank account would be deep in the red right now
Old 09-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheebs View Post
We'll make sure we take lots of pictures, videos and notes on the kit and post up the progress of them as it's happening!
Please consider this MANDATORY and appreciated!

C
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheebs View Post
Sam and I have been looking at ways to adapt our KTM 690 Enduro R 2012s for our RTW charity trip and have spent many a month researching different kits and tanks. Our key requirements have been: bigger fuel tanks (need a range of about 300miles), a fairing, better lights, bash plates and various other bits and bobs to help us get through some awesomely varied terrain. There's a fair few options out there but nothing really grabbed us and made us go PHWOAR.... until we stumbled on the above kit!

You should have seen Sam. He instantly went weak in the knees, had a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat's and started babbling! I too fell in love with it and with us both keen to know who what when or how we ended up chatting to various peoples which led us back to KTM Basel. After liaising with the guys there we found out more and it matches all our requirements and more absolutely perfectly!

So!! ...In 2 weeks time we're taking a little ride over to Switzerland from the UK to have both of our 690's kitted out with it so we can then take them on a wee adventure around the world with us (See our thread... Chasing Horizons)!! WheeeeeeeEEEeEEeeeee!

The team have been truly amazing to speak to and the work and dedication they're putting into making a top class kit sounds phenomenal! It's going to take anywhere between 7 - 10days to kit out both bikes... we're both excited to see them evolve into the above beauties!

Stupendously excited!

had a chat with Joeren this afternoon and he will give me a shout when you guys are over and ill stop by for a look.
fluff34567 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
Me Likey!

Where can one purchase this front rotor guard?

It looks an awful lot like the Topar http://www.toparracing.com/disk-guar...eatured&page=1 guards, but last I checked, they did not make one to cover the 690's 300mm rotor

The Letter J screwed with this post 09-05-2012 at 08:20 PM
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
thun
n00b

Oddometer: 2
hello everione,

my name is roger and i am also from switzerland

do anyone know the name of the fuel tank maker? the Swiss and africa bike have the same fuel tank/ fuel cap and seat. are fuel tanks directly from KTM as rally items?

front panels look a little different but only a small difference.

any infomation will be good... maybe someone knows ?
thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #28
Deviant666 OP
Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by thun View Post
hello everione,

do anyone know the name of the fuel tank maker? the Swiss and africa bike have the same fuel tank/ fuel cap and seat. are fuel tanks directly from KTM as rally items?

If I were you I'd ask KTM Basel directly...I think they 'll help you....
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #29
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by thun View Post
hello everione,

The plastic fuel tanks are all OEM KTM Rally parts.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #30
Pheebs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Hey Hey Ladies and Gents!

We haven't managed to get down to KTM Basel yet because they're still awaiting a few parts to arrive!

HOWEVER!

It's all hotting up in a weeks time! We're off to Switzerland on the 30th to have our bikes arrive at KTM Basel on the 01st October to be fully kitted out with their new kit the Defy Series - Adventure!

The complete Defy Series is due to be released for access to all soon which will include Adventure and Rally bike set ups for the KTM 690! They will be releasing a website in due course with further details and having had a sneak peek, it's all looking rather awesome! The only reason we're getting a set so soon is because of our set off date being November! So they've been pretty mega and have given us first dibs! Yay!

As artists and designers, we've been putting together a few ideas for the bikes which we thought might get your juices flowing....

1. Chasing Horizons Logo:

2. Orangey Goodness! Chasing Horizons:

3. Oh yes... a Storm Trooper edition!

4. Yet another Storm Trooper

5. And yeh... we kinda like Storm Troopers!

6. A fun design we did for KTM Basel (Yeti Ahoy!) Although there are some proper ones too in the making!

We have our favourites! I'm still designing one which has everything I love on it (geek ahoy)! Let us know what you reckon though!

KTM Basel also had a bit of a press release if you fancy reading up here... note... the use of German translations may be helpful ;)

KTM Basel Press Release

Wheeeeee!! Not long now! ! We will update this thread although if you wanna be a bit nerdy and fancy a minute by minute progression then please don't hesitate to plonk us on your facebook or twitter feeds as we will no doubt be excitedly posting the updates as they happen via our iPhones!

(Chasing Horizons Facebook)
(Chasing Horizons Twitter)