Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #421
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
Wadester - your hair looks too good for having just ridden and taken your helmet off!!! There are websites built around helmet head secrets - what's yours?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #422
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
Here's a semi/custom women's one piece suit:

http://store.teizms.com/revolution

$900, but built to fit you. Just saw a comment a week or so ago that they were headed for 2pc of the same standard.
I like that, but I could soooooo not pull that off! I'll check with them when they have separates - thanks!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"

Little Bike screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 08:41 AM
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #423
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
Wadester - your hair looks too good for having just ridden and taken your helmet off!!! There are websites built around helmet head secrets - what's yours?
Pfft! My secret is other people's pictures! I'm just a dude trying to promote access to good fitting gear for us all - and I sympathize with you ladies. I'm trying to keep my daughter outfitted, and she is not fitting into "standard" ladies gear. Too tall, and too curvy for guy stuff. But she's gonna have to wait 'til she's full grown for full custom.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #424
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Pfft! My secret is other people's pictures! I'm just a dude trying to promote access to good fitting gear for us all - and I sympathize with you ladies. I'm trying to keep my daughter outfitted, and she is not fitting into "standard" ladies gear. Too tall, and too curvy for guy stuff. But she's gonna have to wait 'til she's full grown for full custom.

That's hilarious!! Thank you though!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #425
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
BTW, if you are looking for street jackets, something you can wear say into work take a look at http://www.gogogearla.com/categories...d-Women's/ I've got their trench and have worn it to go to client's offices and places like that. I've also got the hoddie which really does look like a regular cotton hoodie but with the armor and kevelar lining for protection. Okay, the hi-viz mesh wouldn't be too good for most people's work but it will fit well. She makes true plus sizes not this bogus idea that a size 12 on a 6'2" woman is a "plus size".
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #426
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
BTW, if you are looking for street jackets, something you can wear say into work take a look at http://www.gogogearla.com/categories...d-Women's/ I've got their trench and have worn it to go to client's offices and places like that. I've also got the hoddie which really does look like a regular cotton hoodie but with the armor and kevelar lining for protection. Okay, the hi-viz mesh wouldn't be too good for most people's work but it will fit well. She makes true plus sizes not this bogus idea that a size 12 on a 6'2" woman is a "plus size".
Those are cute jackets! I love the idea of having an ATTGAT trench coat. I've come across the "plus" size 12 on some websites - geez, they think the largest size woman who rides bikes is a 12?!

I can't remember the site, from a previous post with the one piece suits, that company is now making separates too

Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #427
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Anybody else having trouble finding plus size gear? I just ordered some 19/20 pants from Girls Moto Gear, the only pair I could find with google. I don't mind wearing a men's jersey or XL for women usually is fine, but finding pants is a pain! Advice? Besides weight watchers? (actually, working on it)....but in the meantime.........
Why don't you PM ejdrury, she found some pants that really work for her.
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #428
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Here's a semi/custom women's one piece suit:
Wadester, what case do you have on your rear rack? I love the size!
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #429
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Those are cute jackets! I love the idea of having an ATTGAT trench coat. I've come across the "plus" size 12 on some websites - geez, they think the largest size woman who rides bikes is a 12?!
I rode to a Photoshop Conference last spring in Washington DC from Houston and took the trench. It worked great both in a downpour in Virginia and at events in DC. I just picked up their hoodie and for casual wear I'm in heaven, soft and comfortable as a regular hoodie but with armor and kevelar lining plus inconspicous zips for ventalation on those days where its cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #430
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Wadester, what case do you have on your rear rack? I love the size!
Sorry, not me or my bike :(

But I did find the women's 2pc custom gear comment/picture!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=206

And I now know that they do custom women's riding pants for $249 already:
http://store.teizms.com/gear-for-women

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #431
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Thank you so much everybody! I now have a bunch of resources! These stores need to do something with what they have up for search engines - I didn't find any of those websites through google.

Yay advriders!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #432
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

FWIW, I first heard of GoGoGear on Modern Vespa then saw them a short time later at Amerivespa - Vespa Club of America rally. Many of the scooter riders don't want gear that looks like the person is riding a sports bike or Harley branded gear so they tend to seek out other makers. Unfortunately, they run into the same problem with motorcycle clothing sizing where a 0 is an extra small, 2 = small, 4 = medium, 8 = large, 10 = x-large, 12 = plus 1 (also called Diva 1), etc.

I like Diamond Gusset Jeans for casual riding as well http://www.gussetclothing.com/ made in the USA and go up to size 20 - note they run about half a size small in my experience. Tuscano Urbano is another maker of armored jackets that go up to size 20 but they are hard to find in the US. Many folks order them from the UK but it makes it harder to do returns. Currazo is another that makes a trench and is easier to find in the US at places like Ericos in Denver. Their trench was inspired by Emma Peel http://www.corazzo.net/womens-jacket-trench and also goes up to a US 20. They used to be a US company but were purchased by Australians a couple years ago.

BTW, if you order from GoGoGear don't be surpised if you get a call from Arlene to confrim your measurements before she ships. She likes to make sure that the size selected is correct.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #433
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 7,180
I'm all about the armor in gear, mostly because your average street gear doesn't have enough of it, IMO. I wear Klim pants, which are only sized for men. They're roomy enough in the legs that I can layer on additional armor underneath. I wear the Klim Dakar pant, but they also make a more mesh pant called the Baja. Despite having curves and being, as my SO says, "pleasingly plump", they fit just fine.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #434
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

I picked up my new xt250 yesterday and boy, that little engine runs hot! I'm going to have to get out the wallet asap and order a pair of pants for the armor and a little heat protection . Need to take my measurements, blah, and get those sent off.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #435
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
I picked up my new xt250 yesterday and boy, that little engine runs hot! I'm going to have to get out the wallet asap and order a pair of pants for the armor and a little heat protection . Need to take my measurements, blah, and get those sent off.
My DR is the same way, a little heat tape/wrap around the forward exhaust parts really helps where your legs rest!
L
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote