Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #91
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,594
The one that scares me is the black dude with his seat so far back he looks between the A pillar and the steering wheel. extra point for dumbassery if he has a do-rag on.
little foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #92
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,516
Car drivers who won't do a quick head check before shifting lanes. Too often when I am following (at a safe distance) behind a truck or van, as soon as the truck/van passes a car in another lane, the car driver will lane change to get behind the truck/van, never having noticed my presence.

One of these days...
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #93
filmfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
All SUV's and 99% of the twits that drive them.
filmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #94
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
Same here. There must be ten of them just on my street alone. Several houses feature two in the driveway. If Prius drivers represented the worst of drivers here I would be in a world of trouble.

I stand by my Escalade drivers as the most aggressive. Not the worst drivers - just the most aggressive. Being a metro DC area commuter, even defining "worst driver" is beyond my ability.
Truth spoken there!

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #95
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,769
Redneck douchebags in diesel trucks. Always texting or pretending their hotted up kerosene lamp with wheels is faster than it is leads to driving like a moran.

Seen more than a dozen smoke riders out in town just for a laugh. Never me. But still.

In my defense I live in an area surrounded by guys who will never leave mama's yard but will always drive a jacked up 4wd and sire bastards scattered over a 3 county radius.

I don't give a crap how they live their dead end lives. I just wish they'd watch where they're going.

kraven screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 02:46 PM
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #96
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,138
The scared mergers- The people who don't realize that the on-ramp is to get up to speed to merge with traffic at the speed limit or the speed of traffic. Not to inch down at 25 MPH then try to squeeze into traffic that's moving 50 miles an hour faster than you. Grow a set of balls and drive.

Side by side- Don't get into a lane to pass then drive side by side with the car in the next lane. Push the skinny pedal a bit more and move the F out of everyone's way.

Blinkers- Use them people they are there for a reason and only take a split second to use but communicate so much to those around you.

Turning into a drive- You don't have to slow down to 5MPH to turn into a parking lot or driveway. Clear the road so traffic can continue moving.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #97
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISdood View Post
Sent you a PM.
Interested too.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #98
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 796
Any 1st generation driver in a minivan
Think female from Somalia
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #99
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Everybody here bitchin about Prius drivers, hell I wish we had more Priuses here in TX. A hell of a lot easier to get around, dodge, or split, than all the damn jacked-up dually pickups, with their cow-catcher mirrors sticking out, even when they are not towing a trailer.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #100
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,138
Gotta be cool man. YOu ain't cool unless you have your folded out in "trailer" mode at all times. My brother does the same shit
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #101
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
I've seen the following from all types of cars, not necessarily a type of person;

Texting. Or Twitter, or Facebook, or... Really people, just stop. No, I mean it. Your life, as well as mine may depend on it.

Talking on the phone. Not as bad as texting since at least your eyes are on the road, but that doesn't mean your brain is concerning itself with driving

In a hurry to go no where. Really, I stayed in one lane and went with traffic, and got here at the same time you did while you were trying to swerve throughout all lanes and going as fast as you could for as long as you could while in the current lane. "Here" happens to be Barnes and Noble.

No one is ever on that road, so why bother looking for traffic? Yeah, that happened this morning to me, and has many other times as well, all on different streets. (There are six houses on my end of the street, only two of us work 8-5, very low traffic therefore at 8 in the morning.) Luckily, I was watching the road she came from and saw that she never looked my way, until she was already in the lane. Then she slammed on the brakes fully blocking the lane (small residential street).

Tailgaters. Ugh.

Why, no really, why did you just speed up to pass me only to immediately slam on your brakes to avoid missing your turn? Really, why?

People who talk with their hands, while driving. A good thing while talking to almost anyone, about nearly everything. Not good while holding your phone with one hand, and the steering wheel with the other.

I'm sure I will think of others.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #102
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
all of them, except Corvette drivers. for whatever reason, Yvette drivers seem to have nothing to prove, nowhere important enough to run me over, or any calls to make.

maybe they're mindful of the power at their control?

worst drivers...that's easy. the dbag in the 4 ton white pickup with company logos. followed closely by 90 lb sex goddesses in suburbans, usually all white or that boring beige.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #103
Mistress of the dual
Some say....

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
all of them, except Corvette drivers. for whatever reason, Yvette drivers seem to have nothing to prove, nowhere important enough to run me over, or any calls to make.
I've noticed that too. Seems like every time I see a Corvette it's going below the speed limit.

2002 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2009 BMW F650GS
RR:The Quest for Apple Pie
RR:Pacific Coast Rambling
Mistress of the dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #104
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,652
This morning on my daily commute I witnessed a large white Ford F250 company truck cruising down the highway, replete with the big rack on the back with ladders, conduit and other crap adorning it....tailgating a police car.

Apparently the fat dude driving the truck didn't appreciate some cop slowing him down from making his morning breakfast taco run...

I'd imagine the cost of the ticket the cop gave him after he pulled him over will curtail the number of egg and chorizo tacos he will be having for a while.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #105
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress of the dual View Post
I've noticed that too. Seems like every time I see a Corvette it's going below the speed limit.
I've never seen a 'Vette driver who wasn't also on Medicare. That has something to do with it.

Where I am the clear winner is the GM driver. There is something wrong with these guys. I don't mean they are exclusively the bad ones - I worry about the lemon tarts in their SUV's as well, but I rarely see a GM driver who isn't terrible at it.