ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #661
Kaw4Life OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post

Not that I am partial of anything like that but ......

Two Shepherds, I am very envious!
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #662
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Oddometer: 860
Here are my best buddies. Abby and Duke, Boxer and Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Duke passed two years ago, age 13 due to a collapsed larynx. Abby went to go see Duke just yesterday, tumors and old age. I can't stop crying.

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #663
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,907
Barley hasn't figured out that it's next to impossible to catch frogs or fish with a ball in his mouth.

I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #664
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,459
Cry Condolences

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Here are my best buddies. Abby and Duke, Boxer and Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Duke passed two years ago, age 13 due to a collapsed larynx. Abby went to go see Duke just yesterday, tumors and old age. I can't stop crying.

My heart is with you. My buddy has been gone since Valentine's Day, I miss her every day but know that it is better that she didn't 'stick around' to suffer. Time makes it easier but the progress is slow. They will never be gone, like any other family member (and better than most), they will stay in your heart and you will remember all the good times.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #665
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Worst kind...

I know...I'm welting up as I review my post for submit.
Keep a stiff upper lip! They do their best to be there for you until the end.
I am 1 year and 3 months removed from Flud seen in previous posts of this thread.

We have a different aussie now.
It was Flud that special one that spoiled me. We wont get what he had back in any other dog. I was blessed to be his partner.
Like people, animals have characters all their own. Take solice in what you had and rejoice in the fact you had your time.
But then move on and start anew.

Really, I have only just now been able to embrace creating rememberances of him from my massive video archive of him,
(he was a ham...he knew when we were filming)

It's taken time just to be able to touch the material due to the sadness of the loss. For you the day will come.
Best wishes!

This is one out of multipal shots in a series from this moment. Flud is talking. He knows I have the camera out. What can you do after they've reached their age and begin untreatable complications? You celbrate life and the time you had together!
His tittle;
Beckworth's Fluda cripple creek

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #666
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,102
With a sidecar you don't have to leave your buddies at home.

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #667
AK-57
United Flight XXX

Oddometer: 135
Laugh Chauncey Billups

He picked me up from the shelter in April... Every day's an adventure.

AK-57 screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 07:14 PM
AK-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #668
2manyrides
shifty charactor

has he had his hair cut? Or is thatlength natural?

Looks like a fun loving charater!

and here's my channel...
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #669
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,807
We lost our beloved Aussie Bdog (seen on the first page of this thread) in January.

Our new Aussie, Addie, came into our lives a month or so ago and is now sitting in my office patiently waiting for work to be over.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #670
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob* View Post
No haircuts but I trim his tail a little. I don't know what breed his folks were. He's about 55 lbs.
OK, He's obviously 75% austrailian shepherd. Should be a wonderful life he's gonna have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillsmith View Post
We lost our beloved Aussie Bdog (seen on the first page of this thread) in January.

Our new Aussie, Addie, came into our lives a month or so ago and is now sitting in my office patiently waitover.ing for work to be
I'd have to go back to page one to check the former loved one, but I gotta say I really admire this on's deep liver pigments. Nice markings.
How's his tempermant? Errr, he looks male, but the name...

and here's my channel...
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #671
2manyrides
shifty charactor

As with any person, to each his own. Although with a much different personality,
and some odd mannerisms when compared with Flud, (we have been spoiled by the best ever)
Flex has shown a very compassionate side along with his 100% share of love for us.

Flex is a part of daily routine and travels to work. This is companionship.

and here's my channel...
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #672
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
I'd have to go back to page one to check the former loved one, but I gotta say I really admire this on's deep liver pigments. Nice markings.
How's his tempermant? Errr, he looks male, but the name...
She is great. She is kind, but she is very smart already (she is about 6 months old) so she knows how to test the boundries when she wants to.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #673
kerhonky
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 1,120
All the dog people here will appreciate this. Hope it's not 205.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

This is Betty and me back when I actually worked in the woods. I sometimes still wonder why I thought a promotion could possibly be better than a job where I got to walk around in the woods with my dog four days a week.

That dog was a retrieving fool, with a top-notch nose to boot. She was equally proficient with ducks as well as upland birds. Picked up every command and hand signal I taught her lickety split. I could go on forever braggin' up that dog.

We lost Betty last October. She was 16. Normally when we went anywhere, she rode in the far back of the station wagon, while we sat up front. Always took her a while to settle down for the trip; we'd see her in the rearview looking at us for quite a few miles before she she finally laid down. When we took her to the vet for the last time, I rode in the back seat with her head on my lap, and she settled right down. I think one of the things that bothers me most is the realization that for all those years all she wanted was to ride with us, not by herself in the back. Seating arrangements in the car will be different with the next one.

If you think I won't understand it just because you have to explain it to me, maybe it was bullshit to begin with.
kerhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #674
scootac
Just a Traveler

Oddometer: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post

I LOVE the look in the eyes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerhonky View Post
I sometimes still wonder why I thought a promotion could possibly be better than a job where I got to walk around in the woods with my dog four days a week.
So sad that we realize the important things far too late.
Sorry for the loss,,, I've taken 'that ride' too.

'81 R100RT, '04 ST 1300, '02 DR 650
scootac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #675
Kaw4Life OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerhonky View Post
All the dog people here will appreciate this. Hope it's not 205.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

This is Betty and me back when I actually worked in the woods. I sometimes still wonder why I thought a promotion could possibly be better than a job where I got to walk around in the woods with my dog four days a week.

That dog was a retrieving fool, with a top-notch nose to boot. She was equally proficient with ducks as well as upland birds. Picked up every command and hand signal I taught her lickety split. I could go on forever braggin' up that dog.

We lost Betty last October. She was 16. Normally when we went anywhere, she rode in the far back of the station wagon, while we sat up front. Always took her a while to settle down for the trip; we'd see her in the rearview looking at us for quite a few miles before she she finally laid down. When we took her to the vet for the last time, I rode in the back seat with her head on my lap, and she settled right down. I think one of the things that bothers me most is the realization that for all those years all she wanted was to ride with us, not by herself in the back. Seating arrangements in the car will be different with the next one.
16 !!! Wow what a gift !!!

I know about the hole left behind, especially after one has been with us that long.
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote