Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #53461
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,122
I noticed the ok was lower case Doc..... Well, he is from Mississippi.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #53462
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,791
Meh,

You seem to have a personal beef with me or somethign I have said Vman, I cant fix that.

have a nice life, ride safe, sorry you have to work.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #53463
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

I was born in AR damnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
I noticed the ok was lower case Doc..... Well, he is from Mississippi.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #53464
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Working. All day. Up and at 'em at 5:30 AM. 10.5 hours today. Likely working 12 hours tomorrow (on account of a job being annulled and my job will pick up the slack). About 50 hours last week... some weeks nearly 60. Others mid or upper 40 hour weeks. And, since we're sayin': I'm 60 years old and will have to hit as hard as I can for almost another 6 years before I can retire on a modest pension. Is this important to you? (I doubt it... I think you were just trying to be a smart azz IMHO.)

I'm just saying that all aspects of biking has its appeals/followers/etc. I'm not into sports bikes... others are. I like touring in a limited way... others love it. Others want to trailer their bikes to an event and then unload and enjoy the event... then load them back up and head for the house. Enduro riders do it all the time, as well as many dual sport riders. What's the big freakin' deal if some want to trailer their cruiser bikes to an event? From what I saw, some of those "less than real" riders were takin' it on the nose today (heavy rains) trying to safely get to an event they enjoy. Frankly, you're putting your life in hands enough as it is when on the road/streets in dry conditions. I didn't see any "fake" riders today. All facets of riding have spodes. No exceptions. Why aren't you all jacked up and bent out of shape because of the spodes of dual sporting/off-roading, sports bikers, etc?

Bottom line: Your "anti" stance is making you look like an opinionated jerk. We get it: You don't like it. So leave it at that.

I dunno'... you may be a great guy and all that... but it sure isn't coming across that way.

I realize I'm the outsider here and not in the inner circle, but nonetheless... a spade is a spade.

Tell you what, Mouth: You're entitled to your opinion. You've stated yours several times and I've said my piece. I'll leave my part of it right here.

Albie and 10cup:

The only PG riders I've seen posting elsewhere ride crusier/HD type bikes. I didn't realize all types of bikes are welcomed. That so: Plus 1 for the PGR. I'm not a PGR member, but since learning of them several years ago, I think it's pretty cool what they try to do.

V-man
V-man - Don't let Mouth get your goat (that's Doc's job). All rants are in done in good nature.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #53465
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
I was born in AR damnit!

to the tune of banjos, no doubt
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #53466
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
I looked into the Patriot Guard riders and it's not even about the bikes just so happens most ride. It's completely about honoring our fallen heros and their families. They said I could even show up in my truck. They take what they do very seriously.

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #53467
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,650
Thank God for the PGR. The scumbags protesting are vile beyond comprehension.

I notice that Yamaha Star has a demo truck in Searcy, this weekend. If I didn't already have plans this weekend, I'd go up there and test ride the Stryker and FZ8, just cause.

Hey Mouth have you ever heard the music of Aloe Blacc? I stumbled across his music tonight, watching the youtube vid below.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #53468
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Mouth:

Not personal at you as a person: I just don't understand what appears to be your stance n' caustic attitude toward that faction of biking. However, maybe your wit n' humor was lost on me in the typing... the internet is good at that, you know. (Like Arkwizard pointed out: The ranting is in good nature.)

I shouldn't have come down so hard. Mea culpa.

Arkwiz:

No goat getting... like you say that's Doc's realm.

In fact... maybe a group hug is in order?

Nahhh....

V-man
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #53469
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,502
V-man, you rooting for the Hardly a boner crowd?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #53470
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

never heard of it, and cant pronounce it but I will google youtube it if I can stay awake long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Hey Mouth have you ever heard the music of Aloe Blacc? I stumbled across his music tonight, watching the youtube vid below.

nlp
Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #53471
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Nah, its all good Vamn, I hope we can meet someday and let me explain my thoughts.

I am a terrible writer/typist, I can never convey what I really mean using this method.

No hard feelings, sorry I was dogged about it too.

I tell you what, come stay with me next year for this week, and lets see how long you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Mouth:

Not personal at you as a person: I just don't understand what appears to be your stance n' caustic attitude toward that faction of biking. However, maybe your wit n' humor was lost on me in the typing... the internet is good at that, you know. (Like Arkwizard pointed out: The ranting is in good nature.)

I shouldn't have come down so hard. Mea culpa.

Arkwiz:

No goat getting... like you say that's Doc's realm.

In fact... maybe a group hug is in order?

Nahhh....

V-man
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #53472
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice

Weather's looking good for a pie ride Sunday
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #53473
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

NLP,

yeah I sort of like that dude, he is talented, some of the stuff is on the fringe of the type of music I enjoy, but I do like most of the songs I could find via youtube, thanks for the headsup!

I am still partial to this guy, nearly a daily listen for me, I hope you like him as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG3Oln7sgjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGMuS...feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cArfjkBVpA

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 08:32 PM
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #53474
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
MFoL: Good 'nuf.

FWIW: I don't do large crowds too good and large bike events take me about 1-2 hours and I've seen what I want to see. Nothing against the events or their riders in particular, just the way I'm wired. Case in point: A friend talked me into filling a vacancy and going with him to Sturgis in 2010. Even gave me the rooms of the other guy that cancelled. So... I went. (Was riding a Deuce at the time.) We stayed at Keystone. Had a great time on the ride out... enjoyed the Black Hills on Mon and Tues. On Wed, he wanted to head for the actual Sturgis part of the Sturgis thing. I told him I'm not too much into that scene, but I'd give it a shot. We arrived about 8 AM Wed. I was there a total of 1 1/2 hours... just long enough to find/buy the wife a T-shirt, pick me up a shirt and take a pic of mainstreet. I called his cell phone and told him it was nothing personal but I was outta' here. I then went riding the rest of the day and saw some great stuff he never saw. Next day I rode something like 250 miles to see Devil's Tower while he did his bike week thing. Oh, and I only lasted 2 hours at the one and only BBBQ I attended (2008?). Too much crowd. I'm a dual sporter at heart. I like mountains and solitude... maybe a small group.

Quote:
a1fa said: V-man, you rooting for the Hardly a boner crowd?
See above. Just figure if they're on two wheels and not flagrantly breaking the law... then it's all good. Wish the biking world could get together and join forces instead of dividing over preferences. We (all bikers) would have a lot more legislative clout then. That way, we help (calls/letters to Congress/votes) the other facets of biking with the issues they face and they help us with ours (land use, for example). Guess that ain't never gonna' happen though.

V-man
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #53475
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,758
Good music, lame ass bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Thank God for the PGR. The scumbags protesting are vile beyond comprehension.

I notice that Yamaha Star has a demo truck in Searcy, this weekend. If I didn't already have plans this weekend, I'd go up there and test ride the Stryker and FZ8, just cause.

nlp

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote