Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #2251
texzen
BMW Engineer

Oddometer: 361
I just hope the panniers and seats can transfer over.....

My dealer says they aren't being given any GS allocations for orderer until March......and have zero information on pricing....

Currently in the Stable
2010 R1200GSA - The Valdez, 07 Goldwing - Mr smooth, 2011 Beta Trials Bike - The Grasshopper!, 44 before that....Including HD's, Katooms, Ducs, and nearly every dirt bike brand...
texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #2252
Marki_GSA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by texzen View Post
I just hope the panniers and seats can transfer over.....

My dealer says they aren't being given any GS allocations for orderer until March......and have zero information on pricing....
Depends on the panniers but if it's the type that has the slot for the exhaust they aren't going to work cos the exhaust is on the other side
Marki_GSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #2253
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki_GSA View Post
Depends on the panniers but if it's the type that has the slot for the exhaust they aren't going to work cos the exhaust is on the other side
Unfortunately, I have a feeling this bike is going to be wayyy different and not have much of anything transfer over.

I'm new to BMW, but have certainly followed them for several years. I think the loyal owner's have grown very much accustom to having the same basic model for many years. This will be a real change.

I weighed this as I just bought a new '12 GSA 6 weeks ago...if I love the new water-boxer and decide to trade in a couple or three years, its going to be back to square one regarding getting the kit all setup.

I enjoy setting up a new bike, but who are we kidding, its expensive.
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #2254
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
I've owned an 09 GS (my best and favorite BMW or others, because of its usable power, handling, comfort and relative ease of maintenance) and I'll be getting another 2012/13 in the next few months. I wish the new WC version were available to test drive so I could do an A/B comparison, but I don't see it that happening. Anyway, I'm sure that the new "WC" will be great in the same way Porsche was when they introduced their WC version (yea, there were a lot old timers like myself who felt it was blasphemy, However, it was a "much" better real world, everyday performer and I bet the new WC-GS will follow suit).

Will accessories from the current GS commingle with the new WC version? I "one reporters opinion" think not (well, maybe certain "soft" luggage systems). Because of that, I betcha numerous aftermarket companies are licking their chops to start developing/producing accessories,however that "might" be cut short if the new WC/GS is so "overall" good/better/improved, causing buyers to not look any further, than BMW's catalog (if ya know what I mean).

To all, have a good day and enjoy your ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 AM   #2255
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkletecka View Post
Will accessories from the current GS commingle with the new WC version? I "one reporters opinion" think not (well, maybe certain "soft" luggage systems). Because of that, I betcha numerous aftermarket companies are licking their chops to start developing/producing accessories,however that "might" be cut short if the new WC/GS is so "overall" good/better/improved, causing buyers to not look any further, than BMW's catalog (if ya know what I mean).

I would bet that TouraTech has already started developing tank bags and bolt-on protective parts already
They have a very close relationship with BMW, and already had parts available for the F800GS when it hit the market
I'm also gonna predict that TouraTech already have mounts designed for their Zega panniers, and are testing them in Africa now (or already have)

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #2256
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
I would bet that TouraTech has already started developing tank bags and bolt-on protective parts already
They have a very close relationship with BMW, and already had parts available for the F800GS when it hit the market
I'm also gonna predict that TouraTech already have mounts designed for their Zega panniers, and are testing them in Africa now (or already have)
Touratech always gets a bike from bmw before the launch so that they already have parts when the bike is coming to the market =)
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #2257
rattis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,113
Tuesday

On tuesday according to my dealer, is the official release and showdown.
So then we can all drool over pics of the real Macoy.
I've ordered one anyway
I don't give a ....... if my present farkels don't fit.
I can always buy some new stuff.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #2258
texzen
BMW Engineer

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattis View Post
On tuesday according to my dealer, is the official release and showdown.
So then we can all drool over pics of the real Macoy.
I've ordered one anyway
I don't give a ....... if my present farkels don't fit.
I can always buy some new stuff.
Yeah most likely the aluminum bags wont fit due to the pipe relocation, But its the seat im really wanting to go over... i have a 1200 dollar russell day long tha was custom made,...... My dealer say the frist batch will most likely be GS's in March with GSA coming in late april.....

Currently in the Stable
2010 R1200GSA - The Valdez, 07 Goldwing - Mr smooth, 2011 Beta Trials Bike - The Grasshopper!, 44 before that....Including HD's, Katooms, Ducs, and nearly every dirt bike brand...
texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #2259
Stub deToe
Stub deToe

Oddometer: 165
Yes, Tuesday is the official announcement, but only for the Press. Lucky me, I scored a press pass, so 10 am is when B!W takes the stage. I will post here as soon as I can get to a wifi connection. Stay tuned.

Also Loutre, Wunderlich has a similar relationship as TT to the factory, I wouldn't be surprised that some day one of them becomes the official upgrade supplier to Motorrad. Knock-off companies like Holen wait to copy what W and TT design. Porsche has Ruff, M-B has AMG, BMW cars has AC Schnitzer now, so it is just a matter of time is my guess.
'74 R75/6 since new
Stub deToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #2260
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,967
Will the forum get a new subcategory for the "waterheads" ?

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #2261
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stub deToe View Post
Yes, Tuesday is the official announcement, but only for the Press. Lucky me, I scored a press pass, so 10 am is when B!W takes the stage. I will post here as soon as I can get to a wifi connection. Stay tuned.

Also Loutre, Wunderlich has a similar relationship as TT to the factory, I wouldn't be surprised that some day one of them becomes the official upgrade supplier to Motorrad. Knock-off companies like Holen wait to copy what W and TT design. Porsche has Ruff, M-B has AMG, BMW cars has AC Schnitzer now, so it is just a matter of time is my guess.
It's a "kinda" relationship between Wunderlich and BMW. BMW don't recognize them as "official" accessoire maker as they recognize Touratech. But anyway I'm waiting for your pics! That is going to be exciting after 150pages and one year and a half of waiting we'll finally see the beast :o)
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #2262
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Will the forum get a new subcategory for the "waterheads" ?

WETHEADS!

Probably not.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #2263
fawudd
Traveler

Oddometer: 107
As the owner of an R100GSPD and an R12GSA, this is an entertaining thread. I love my GSPD, but the GSA is sooooo much better in every way except weight. Although I do not personally see enough advantage to go buy one (the GSA has not felt underpowered to me), I am sure that the new bike will be better in many ways. I believe that the challenge for BMW with this bike will be that for the first time there are a few really competent competitors to the new bike. BMW brand loyalists will not be swayed, but the Triumph, Ducati, and Yamaha guys now have something in their own brand. I am hoping that BMW does what it always has done in this segment, and wows everybody with the new offering....Just my $0.02

fawudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #2264
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stub deToe View Post
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #2265
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,114
I'm curious what the valve stem looks like. That needs to be improved. More threads I hope.
Britome is online now   Reply With Quote