User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 531 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #2596
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,170
Smithy, like I wrote - you'll love it when you're not top tier. As a top-tier tank the Panther's 100 barrel can be frustrating in a city peek-a-boo battle when other boom-sticks take so much damage off of you... but then while I knew that , and felt it, for a good while, as I played it - more and more - entering a battle with the 100 and being top-tier became less and less of an issue. It's not that I wasn't still apprehensive about it, but since then I haven't really found it to hinder my winning as much as it should in theory.

This is one barrel and tank that you may to want the radioman's skill to be the one that allows you to see farther based on things other people light up. You can both hit, and pen, at maximum distances.

I run a camo net, binoculars, and a gun rammer on mine. 58.7% win ratio with it, and a simply incredible 1858 Efficiency rating with it... which I always read as "Unicorn" status, but apparently it is "Unicum" ... I only learned it wasn't "Unicorn" a few days ago, and don't like the real title much at all, lol.

---

too early on a weekend - I can't type sentences that make sense.

---

Anyway, I have yet to check the stats for it, but the Panther may have the same qualities its bigger brother, the E-50, does... I didn't ram an IS I was fighting last night fast enough to do much damage, but there was no doubt that I was pushing around an IS yesterday in a face-to-face fight. Instead of keeping my side to him, I kept my front to his side, and was pushing him all around. I will try ramming with the Panther later. With the L/100 it just isn't one of those tanks that you're going to find yourself in close-up battles where you could push someone off of a cliff or bridge very often, but it seems like it make be able to do it similarly to the E-50 when it fights against its own tier rivals. (That said, and from playing with an experienced E-50 driver, if that lien is one you're going to go up, the "ramming' skill for the drivers of the Panther, Panther II and E-50 will come in handy a lot once you do get into the E-50. ... I wish I could train it up now, but all crew on the Panther is currently on Camo skills except for the commander, who is training his Recon skill for the Binocs.)

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 09-29-2012 at 10:24 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #2597
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,889
Thanks for the info. Sounds like fun.

Right now I'm about to go apeshit over my connection issues. I'm averaging a drop ever other battle, with about 2/3 of them at the end of a game, the rest the client just bogs down in the middle and I have to restart. Didn't have this problem before the update.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #2598
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,724
just found the battle efficiency calculator. Mine is full of suck.

trying a bunch of tanks and being artillery really hurts that stat.

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #2599
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
just found the battle efficiency calculator. Mine is full of suck.

trying a bunch of tanks and being artillery really hurts that stat.
Which one are you using?

I've been using This efficiency calculator
Old 09-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #2600
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,889
Jesus, this is un-playable. Halfway through a battle, and my fps drops to 10, 4, 2, then just freezes up... no control, no display, while my tank's driving into mountians and people are shooting me to death as I look at 20 seconds ago.

Fuck that noise.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #2601
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
i think I need to start up the soviet td line...
Old 09-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #2602
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Which one are you using?

i will check that one out. I used the one on the wot site. the first one I found by google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Jesus, this is un-playable. Halfway through a battle, and my fps drops to 10, 4, 2, then just freezes up... no control, no display, while my tank's driving into mountians and people are shooting me to death as I look at 20 seconds ago.

Fuck that noise.
I have no issues here. you didnt have this before? I havent dropped in a battle yet except when my connection went down on the modem

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #2603
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,431
Don't know what to tell you Smithy......my game has been rock solid since the patch.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #2604
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Smithy, I feel for ya. I can say that twice in one city I had drops to a solid 9 FPS two different times (restarted the computer after the first time).

A day or two ago I also had something come up that I have never seen in WoT before: a "Out of Memory" text at the bottom center of the screen in a red font.

Now maybe it was you or someone in FYYFF clan that suggested it to me, but I went from being wary to a full-time user of "Game Booster 3" (version 3.4 apparently) before playing games in the last month or two. It shuts down like 15 or 19 background processes on my computer to play games with, and the video card temps seem a little cooler with it running, too.

It's worth a try.

Something else strange with the client - I had a super game in my Panther tonight, and took a screen shot of the end-battle to show Smithy more of the fun that can be had when one or two tiers down in a Panther with the snipe barrel... but that screenshot doesn't exist. Now I did have a "Red Screen" many games afterward, so maybe there was a memory issue even earlier and it didn't get saved?

Late Edit: and I had a clan mate who lost his connection but didn't know it. He sat, waiting for a tank to come into view, but after a while tried to move his turret and realized he was staring at a locked-up screen with a score that was two minutes old, at least. We ended up winning that battle, but he had no shots fired, and taken no hits, so his daily double was miserable.

---

Efficiency - I think they are all using the same algorithm to calculate efficiency, but I could be wrong. Mine has been doing something strange despite a streak of wins over the last few days... instead of going up, it goes down by one or two, then back up... It hovers at 1350, then drop to 1348, maybe 1349, then 1350 again. This, despite some really great games (I've been rocking the two-tier lower tanks tonight... beating out tier 8's, 9's and 10's for top XP earned many times), so I don't understand what is going on. I mean I've been PWN'ing them - really - especially this evening.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 12:41 AM
Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #2605
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

And back to the Panther suggestions - I initially talked about the radio skill for seeing farther for the Radioman, but that adds such a small amount, and on such rare shots, that as I was using mine and crushing tons of tanks with it tonight (sniping tanks others had lit up), it hit me to tell Smithy that I'd fall back on the Camo skill for all crew - it's probably best to just not get seen in the first place if you're a sniper.

I had 22 penetrations out of 26 shots, and while it puts out small damage ... (22) x (~130 damage) does start making enemies disappear from the battle pretty well. Included in that was a Lowe that I very nearly solo'ed.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #2606
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Which one are you using?

I just tried this - I love it!

It lists my most killed tanks per tier... and I have to admit that I'm surprised I've killed as many IS-4's as it says I have ... but not surprised Ive killed as many Pattons (which I consider weak).

The stats are really neat... but again I get frustrated as it seemed to cut off somewhere right after that Panther battle I had... as if I had no battles before four hours ago, yet for my other account it lists battles I had over 1 day ago. Ugh.

----------------------

Anyway,

The true World of Tanks "Top Gun" goes to this guy:

Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #2607
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
wtf!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #2608
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
The true World of Tanks "Top Gun" goes to this guy:
LOL!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #2609
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,141
I have issues now I'll go from 40+fps to 2-6 when the battle gets heated. It's hard to run Mediums. I may end up just sitting and sniping until this gets sorted.

I have a spare case that will probably get a new motherboard/cpu/ram.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #2610
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I have issues now I'll go from 40+fps to 2-6 when the battle gets heated. It's hard to run Mediums. I may end up just sitting and sniping until this gets sorted.

I have a spare case that will probably get a new motherboard/cpu/ram.
Have you tried that Game Booster?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: