ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #52966
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Well I never make it to the Tuesday dinners in Cowtown and they never led on that they were a couple on here..at least not recently. Maybe in the 1st 3000 pages that I haven't read they did... ;)
now that I think about it, it may not have been revealed here, but in the Tuesday dinner thread

anyway, here's my 3 whole pix I took...

EJV with his S-Ten and Dave? on his RC51

the V-Stroms: Steveb126 (on right) and Name Escapes Me

Mark and his ST1300

we had 7 of us total start off from Tarlton. Besides me, there was EJV, Steveb126, Gregsbro and one more from ADVRider whose name escapes me (damn I suck) plus two guys who arent on the board, Mark and (Dave?)

I, of course, intended to take more pics at the Millstone, but didnt and the video I took is nearly worhtless unless you like looking at the side of the road for 3 hours. Somehow, right at the beginning of the ride, I knocked the camera sideways (damn I suck). Maybe I'll post up a little snippet later.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #52967
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
Somehow, right at the beginning of the ride, I knocked the camera sideways (damn I suck). Maybe I'll post up a little snippet later.
Sounds engrossing, I'm on the edge of my seat.

You gotta do the group shot, man. If there's one thing looking at cool old motorcycle pictures and murals has taught me it's the importance of the group shot. Otherwise it's just bikes at gas stations, woohoo.

I'm starting to pose a la Napoleon, with my hand tucked high up in my jacket...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #52968
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
we had 7 of us total start off from Tarlton. Besides me, there was EJV, Steveb126, Gregsbro and one more from ADVRider whose name escapes me (damn I suck) plus two guys who arent on the board, Mark and (Dave?)

I, of course, intended to take more pics at the Millstone, but didnt and the video I took is nearly worhtless unless you like looking at the side of the road for 3 hours. Somehow, right at the beginning of the ride, I knocked the camera sideways (damn I suck). Maybe I'll post up a little snippet later.
Sorry I missed it. was feeling a little better this weekend and decided to move some big ass logs and split firewood yesterday and early this morning which was a bad idea. Started the GS up and made it about half way down the drive and found the pinched nerve back with a vengence so just parked it. Really sucks to be missing out on the best riding of the year...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #52969
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Well I watched local news for the first time in a year plus, and the first story was a road rage shooter in Delaware... On a farkled out 1200gs! Guess he followed a pickup truck till it stopped, then shot the driver in the head?! Eep.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #52970
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Well I watched local news for the first time in a year plus, and the first story was a road rage shooter in Delaware... On a farkled out 1200gs! Guess he followed a pickup truck till it stopped, then shot the driver in the head?! Eep.
WTF??????

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/sep/...on-ar-1190479/

Shot in the head but injuries "not life threatening"....

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #52971
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post

Ugh. This reminds me of Moraine State Park near Slippery Rock, the roughest mountain bike trail I've been on. It seemed like the whole damn thing was a rock garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Where exactly are those trails Mike?

I only took photos on the Marienville Trail (Marienville, Pa). The ATV trails are Wayne easy, pretty much ride any standard motorcycle with tread and a skid plate and ride it. The bike trail however, though now quad wide, has some nasty rock gardens. There are 4 or 5 average rock gardens on the Marienville, 3 that are intimidating. Rocky Gap only has 2 or 3.

In the one posted above, not only was this this the by-pass hill to the real hill (you don't want to see the real hill, think Erzberg), I was supposed to be going in the direction the camera is pointed, not the direction the rock kicked me. I got stuck twice but made it without falling. I tried the real hill 4 or 5 times one day and never made it without dabbing or stopping.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #52972
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
WTF??????

In the news a few years ago, a man woke up with a severe head ache, later to find out a 22 was lodged in his skull. Seams his wife was pissed and shot him while he slept.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #52973
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
I'm not incarcerated, so it wasn't me.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #52974
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,777
Quote:
Quote:
WTF??????

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/sep/...on-ar-1190479/

Just saw it on Channel 10.

The GS is red with gray jesse's and a bunch of Touratech stuff on it, including some soft bags strapped to the back of the Jesse's, black crashbars, black russell daylong with back rest, some little Canadian flag stickers.

At first I thought it was Larry. Thanks to the DVR I backed it up and saw it definitely wasn't.

Anybody we know?

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #52975
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Dave View Post
Anybody we know?
unfortunately that color scheme is rather popular. I hate to throw names out for just that reason. However, the way the news reported the story it doesn't sound like a good case for self defense given he chased the pickup down in order to shoot the driver.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #52976
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
I happened to be there right at 3:30 just as they were closing the US23 N exit. The bike looks disturbingly familiar. The news showed a few seconds of the bike from the side and rear. I had an adrenalin surge as I first saw the bike because from behind, it looks like Ohioroadrats.

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #52977
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKDRAW View Post
I happened to be there right at 3:30 just as they were closing the US23 N exit. The bike looks disturbingly familiar. The news showed a few seconds of the bike from the side and rear. I had an adrenalin surge as I first saw the bike because from behind, it looks like Ohioroadrats.
You and me both, Shawn!! The only reason I knew it wasn't at first glance was because it didn't have stickers all over the Jesse's and Larry didn't have all the other TT stuff bolted on.

That, and it's got a Zumo on the dash, and I know Larry wouldn't be investing in one right now.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #52978
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

That and Larry only has a .380 he uses to scare bears with the noise of the gunshot!

Actually I heard what happened is the final drive was leaking oil, which was blowing back all over the truck's windshield, prompting the confrontation. Damn BMW final drives.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 09-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #52979
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 528
Quote:

the V-Stroms: Steveb126 (on right) and Name Escapes Me.

That's Brian (palandor)

Thanks Sion good ride and good to meet everyone.
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #52980
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,071
Quote:
That and Larry only has a .380 he uses to scare bears with the noise of the gunshot!

Actually I heard what happened is the final drive was leaking oil, which was blowing back all over the truck's windshield, prompting the confrontation. Damn BMW final drives.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote