Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #61
catalina38
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,591
No experience with these guys but I have spent a few grand a munnracing.com and always been a satisfied customer.
There are several other good online retailers mentioned here and other threads.

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #62
Jimmyduc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
I ordered Motorex oil from them in anticipation of a service for my beloved 990R, but due to prolonged processing time (7 days)before shipment went out, the order never made it in time. I will not order from them again, as there are too many other better options...
Jimmyduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #63
Deepc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
I just ordered a seat from them. they charged my card but i never recieved a conformation email. I called a week after I placed the order to find out that they no longer sell that particular item.
Deepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #64
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
Guess I need to learn how to use the search functions better...

I can safely say it appears nothing has changed...I ordered a fuel filter kit from them in mid July after calling them first to make sure it was in stock...they told me it was.

Been told three times it's been shipped, but each time I ask for a tracking number they can't find it. Been trying to cancel the order for the past two weeks...can't get any response email or telephone.
Finally got a response....Last Wednesday I sent an email to them stating I wanted to cancel my order and that I wanted confirmation it was cancelled...on Friday, I get a reply stating the order cannot be cancelled because it had already been shipped...you guessed it..according to the UPS tracking number that they actually provided this time..it shipped Thursday...

Still won't believe it until the parts actually arrive
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #65
Cdaledude
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Finally got a response....Last Wednesday I sent an email to them stating I wanted to cancel my order and that I wanted confirmation it was cancelled...on Friday, I get a reply stating the order cannot be cancelled because it had already been shipped...you guessed it..according to the UPS tracking number that they actually provided this time..it shipped Thursday...

Still won't believe it until the parts actually arrive
After I opened a Paypal Claim I got an email stating that I had the chance to either cancel the order and get a refund or wait until the parts arrive (at that point the tracking number only showed that there was a label printed, not an actual package picked up). When I got home from work and sat down to send them the note to cancel it, I checked the tracking number and it showed a package had actually been picked up and delivered to the UPS processing center. Parts are supposed to arrive Wednesday, but I am not holding my breath.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #66
EOD3MC
What will break next

Finally got my parts today....ordered July 17th....delivered September 5th...

Never ordering from them again....
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #67
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,760
In the same boat. Ordered a few things got one and no word on the rest. They SUCK. Hopefully can still cancel my order.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #68
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer: 505
Bad expereince with these guys. Ordered several parts for 690 in June - 2 months later I still hadn't received them and cancelled. Also, they're customer service line was closed for several days due to the sturgis rally and they made excuses about moving warehouse facilities and this was the reason for the delays!! I will only do business with ktm twins moving forward.
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #69
Cdaledude
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:

Finally got my parts today....ordered July 17th....delivered September 5th...

Never ordering from them again....
What a coincidence, I ordered also on the 17th of July and just recieved my parts yesterday as well! Unfortunately the order was incomplete, even though the invoice says it was filled, The part missing was a $14 radiator cap, I am wondering if it is worth the hassle trying to get my $14 back. I also sent a note to them with a link to this thread and this the response I recieved.

Quote:

Yes, some of the forms are saying negative things about us.

At one time, we were KTMUSA largest stocking ktm dealer from 2004-20010. In 2010 our dealership was almost flooded out by the Missouri river, in Bismarck North Dakota.

Then in 2011 the building we were located in was sold out and we had 60 days to get out and relocate. We relocated to Sturgis, South Dakota to get faster shipping to both coasts and South Dakota does not have corporate tax, like ND. KTMUSA had a large issue with us moving our shipping center to South Dakota.

Timothy, things like this are very difficult to explain on the on a forum.

Thank you for the order and your understanding as we get through this rough business climate.

Regards,
Justin
www.cyclehutt.com

Old 09-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #70
kanur
cu new er

Oddometer: 692
Wish I would have saw this post earlier. I ordered some parts on 07/17 and when I called them yesterday (after seeing this post) I was told they shipped Friday the 31st. Tomorrow will be 7 days since shipped and that is more than enough from anywhere in the US.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #71
EOD3MC
What will break next

They told me my order had shipped three different times...but they never could give me the tracking number until the last time..
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #72
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Hmmm placed an order for a front fender, no feed back, no invoice, took 30+ calls to get a person to answer... cancelling now and will find a local dealer to get one for me. I have no issue with delays for parts but no information/invoice is a big problem. I cannot in good conscience continue with a transaction such as this. I already spoke with someone this morning and asked for a status and an invoice, was told 9 Oct for shipment but still no invoice. Perhaps they are a very large distributor but this business model is not one that I prefer.

runnin4melife screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 01:02 PM
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #73
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Hmmm placed an order for a front fender, no feed back, no invoice, took 30+ calls to get a person to answer... cancelling now and will find a local dealer to get one for me. What a piece of poo
Not to shoot your local dealer in the foot, but I've had really awesome luck with KTM World (https://www.ktmworld.com/) they're in GA and you normally get the parts in 2 days to MD.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #74
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
Not to shoot your local dealer in the foot, but I've had really awesome luck with KTM World (https://www.ktmworld.com/) they're in GA and you normally get the parts in 2 days to MD.
Yeah I looked at them, but went with ktm-parts.com (West VA), I got someone on the phone 1st time and my item was verified in stock and will be departing at 5pm UPS pickup tonight. Very pleased with them.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #75
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Yeah I looked at them, but went with ktm-parts.com (West VA), I got someone on the phone 1st time and my item was verified in stock and will be departing at 5pm UPS pickup tonight. Very pleased with them.
I've had good experience with them as well, I just like ktmworlds website better.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote