ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #14476
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,519
Fall ride

Just got back from our fall ride down the Oregon coast. My wife likes to stop at antique stores along the way, but complains that "I can never buy anything cause we're always on the bikes". Well she found a couple treasures, and I'm not sure why but I couldn't get the Beverly Hillbillies sound track out of my head the whole way home.









Good thing we only had to ride back to Canada. The border guy had a good laugh when I told him I hauled it all the way from Oregon.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #14477
kid_andres
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Medellin, Colombia
Oddometer: 54
Tiger 800 only ....... in action off-road

Fredonia / Antioquia / Colombia / Sout America

Part 1



enjoy.....
kid_andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #14478
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_andres View Post
Tiger 800 only ....... in action off-road
Hmm. I must have missed the part where there wasn't a road.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #14479
kid_andres
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Medellin, Colombia
Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Hmm. I must have missed the part where there wasn't a road.

part 1..... will come later, part 2 and 3
kid_andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #14480
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker
 
Dubl-A's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 505
Oddometer: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post

That's impressive right there!!
__________________
Keep your $0.02 if it ain't going towards the bill
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #14481
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Just got back from our fall ride down the Oregon coast. My wife likes to stop at antique stores along the way, but complains that "I can never buy anything cause we're always on the bikes". Well she found a couple treasures, and I'm not sure why but I couldn't get the Beverly Hillbillies sound track out of my head the whole way home.









Good thing we only had to ride back to Canada. The border guy had a good laugh when I told him I hauled it all the way from Oregon.
Is that the new kermit chair?
That just proves what lengths we will go to keep momma happy
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #14482
henkew
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Oddometer: 70
Black Fog Light brackets and Windshield mounts

I've always hated the metallic color of the fog light and windshield brackets. So when I did the windshield riser mod this past weekend (which helped a ton), I also pulled a tip from the stromtrooper forum and bought a can of this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

A cheaper/quicker/faster solution for those of us not set up to powder coat. Looks tons better. Not sure why I didn't do it a long time ago.
henkew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #14483
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,429
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkew View Post
I've always hated the metallic color of the fog light and windshield brackets. So when I did the windshield riser mod this past weekend (which helped a ton), I also pulled a tip from the stromtrooper forum and bought a can of this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

A cheaper/quicker/faster solution for those of us not set up to powder coat. Looks tons better. Not sure why I didn't do it a long time ago.
Windshield riser mod? How the hell did I miss that? Please share.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #14484
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Hmm. I must have missed the part where there wasn't a road.
Me too. All in good condition as well.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, The other British Land Rover. 40000 miles and counting.
2013 black Tiger800XC, The other British Land Rover. 500 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #14485
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 5,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Hmm. I must have missed the part where there wasn't a road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktiger
Me too. All in good condition as well.

Ha ha...I thought it was just me. Oh well, that's offroading in Columbia. At least you don't need knobbies.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RRLaguna Seca 2012 RRSequoia 3-Day CampoutThanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #14486
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 22,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Me too. All in good condition as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Ha ha...I thought it was just me. Oh well, that's offroading in Columbia. At least you don't need knobbies.
Give the man a chance....he did say the vid was in 4 parts.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #14487
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger
 
fullmonte's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Oddometer: 5,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Give the man a chance....he did say the vid was in 4 parts.
+1 The road wasn't all dry hard pack either. Quite of bit of slop on that long descent. Its refreshing to see some jungle scenery or maybe a FARC road block. I doubt some "gnarly adventurers" here would even ride in Colombia, even if they won a free trip.
__________________
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #14488
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 5,277
Columbia Riding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
+1 The road wasn't all dry hard pack either. Quite of bit of slop on that long descent. Its refreshing to see some jungle scenery or maybe a FARC road block. I doubt some "gnarly adventurers" here would even ride in Colombia, even if they won a free trip.

I wouldn't.

The guy we put up for a few days from Canada that was riding to South American has gone missing. Last blog update was July in Panama, and no responses to emails. Thread and link here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784307


EDIT: Well, low and behold...got a message from Dominic today. He's alive and well in Vancouver. Flew out of Panama with his bike the end of July.
I still wouldn't ride the jungles of Columbia...I'd be too skeered.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RRLaguna Seca 2012 RRSequoia 3-Day CampoutThanksgiving 2012

browneye screwed with this post 10-03-2012 at 06:28 PM
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #14489
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger
 
fullmonte's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Oddometer: 5,151
I noticed a cut with a lump in the rear tire today. After some prodding...

and a little more.

The tire still holds air just fine, but I wonder if the nail scratched the tube. Think I should pull the tire or just keep on riding it?
__________________
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #14490
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 7,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
I noticed a cut with a lump in the rear tire today. After some prodding...

and a little more.

The tire still holds air just fine, but I wonder if the nail scratched the tube. Think I should pull the tire or just keep on riding it?
If it was me, I'd keep my tire repair kit on me with a new tube and forget about it until you can't
If you don't know how to change a tire road side, I'd have it repaired asap.
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014