Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #106
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Now, that's a juvenile attitude, sonny. I'm older 'n dirt and don't HAVE any hair, and I do just fine in traffic. I don't moan about it, either. I deal with it and move on.

And I'll bet you'll hang up the helmet long before you're my age..............
you've got no hair so you get a pass...
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #107
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress of the dual View Post
I've noticed that too. Seems like every time I see a Corvette it's going below the speed limit.

I see that too, Vette drivers are generally the best drivers IMO. My theory is since they are cop magnets, they have to be on their best behavior to keep from getting lit up all the time.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #108
rh2yadv
Ow!

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by birds View Post
PA drivers don't know how to merge or enter highways or where their back bumper is.
PA drivers have no clue what the little blinking lights in the corners of vehicles are for, nor how to properly use them when preparing to turn or change lanes. I can say that, I'm from PA, and I wonder every day when it was they must have taken that chapter out of the driver's manual.

Russ
rh2yadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #109
Killpill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Any vehicle in front of me that switches into my lane while the roads are wet. There is a huge gap between me and the next car for a very good reason. Now my visor is coated with mist that doesn't go away unless wiped, and I have to slow down or switch lanes in order to have a clear visor for more than three seconds. Usually large vehicles do this (or, maybe, SUVs just tend to kick up mist).
Killpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #110
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2handedSpey View Post
And, as you can imagine, every moron in a mustang or econobox with fart can exhaust wants to race. It's absolutely amazing. No other vehicle I have owned brings out the morons quite like this corvette does.
'Tis true! I bought a C5 when there were brand new, and I can't tell you how many stoplight races I "lost" to Civics, Integras, etc.

At some point I realized that if I sold it I could fit at least three bikes in the garage space that it was occupying.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #111
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killpill View Post
Any vehicle in front of me that switches into my lane while the roads are wet. There is a huge gap between me and the next car for a very good reason. Now my visor is coated with mist that doesn't go away unless wiped, and I have to slow down or switch lanes in order to have a clear visor for more than three seconds. Usually large vehicles do this (or, maybe, SUVs just tend to kick up mist).
Really good first post.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #112
stupermotard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2handedSpey View Post
It's absolutely amazing. No other vehicle I have owned brings out the morons quite like this corvette does. Some people just LOOOOVE to tailgate me, cut me off, want to race etc etc...
I've been experiencing a similar problem. I bought a 15 year old BMW about a year-and-a-half back and I have never been flipped off or beeped at so much in my life. I never have this much trouble when I drive my SUV.

Also Prius, lifted trucks, and cut-me-off-so-you-can-slow-down-and-turn.
stupermotard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #113
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupermotard View Post
I've been experiencing a similar problem. I bought a 15 year old BMW about a year-and-a-half back and I have never been flipped off or beeped at so much in my life. I never have this much trouble when I drive my SUV..
That's because everybody knows only Pricks drive BMW's. whether it's deserved or not they have that reputation.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #114
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
That's because everybody knows only Pricks drive BMW's. whether it's deserved or not they have that reputation.
What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

It's funny, but when I drive my car (yep) I make an effort to be extra polite - I wave cars out in front of me, make room, etc. Primarily because I'm trying to help adjust people's perception.

All in though, there are asshats in any brand of car you could name.
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #115
Warprints
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
You've got to remember that "average intelligence" is actually pretty damn stupid, and as a general rule, if they're not a motorcyclist, and therefore cagers, they have average, or below, intelligence. Enough said.
Warprints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #116
FMFDOC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
[QUOTE=ohgood;19676336]all of them, except Corvette drivers. for whatever reason, Yvette drivers seem to have nothing to prove, nowhere important enough to run me over, or any calls to make.

maybe they're mindful of the power at their control?
QUOTE]

THIS!!!
My brother is a pilot. Almost all of his pilot buddies drive vettes and/or motorcycles. They are VERY safety consious and aware of their vehicles. If he wants speed, he goes out and flogs that aircraft that the Army lets him use. Compared to the power of a Blackhawk or a King-Air, his 2009 Vette is kind of 'meh'.
ANY WAY YOU CAN! http://youtu.be/Gg_G-NeSmW0
FMFDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #117
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFDOC View Post
My brother is a pilot. Compared to a Handy-J from Goose, his 2009 Vette is kind of 'meh'.
Fixtified!
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #118
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,271
None of y'all live in a college town? It's easy to identify the horrible drivers. They brand themselves:

And just so you don't think I'm being sexist:

Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote