Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #286
Autobahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchback View Post
Bought some Tyreshield last year. Unfortunately I have 3/4 of a bottle left and doubt I will use it again. I developed a serious imbalance in my front tire with no evidence that any wheel weights were lost. Can't confirm anything till I replace the tire in a few weeks but I suspect the goo. We will see what happens but may think the repair kit is the way to go for me in the future. I will provide an update when I can.
I suspect you'll find this:

I probably rode for a few thousand miles after the application. The balance slowly deteriorated over time, and it was fortunate timing as it became totally unacceptable at the same time as I needed to replace the tires anyway.

I found the clumps of "goo" inside the tire and what remained on the tire was not going to be effective in preventing a flat tire.

The installation instructions are clear....the tire must be dry and remain dry. And there was obviously moisture in the tire. I did not install the product when the tires were new, so there is a good possibility that the moisture was there at the time of installation. So I wrote it off as a learning experience.

My intent is not to slam the product, but to point out the effect of moisture. Will I use it again? Only if I could guarantee that my source of compressed air is always dry.
Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #287
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Mine was worse! The latex was balled up into balls stuck to two points within the tire. The product is truely snake oil and NOT recommended. It did not adhere to the tire and even if it did there is no way possible it will prevent a puncture. Perhaps in the first few days to weeks it is soft enough to fill a hole but doubtful. Do not buy this product. If you want to try something tests using Ride-on at least worked and there may be other products that work but I will rely only on plugs from now on. I f someone wants the rest of my large bottle they can have it. Worst thing I ever bought period. Did I say it doesn't work!

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #288
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Mine was worse! The latex was balled up into balls stuck to two points within the tire. The product is truely snake oil and NOT recommended. It did not adhere to the tire and even if it did there is no way possible it will prevent a puncture. Perhaps in the first few days to weeks it is soft enough to fill a hole but doubtful. Do not buy this product. If you want to try something tests using Ride-on at least worked and there may be other products that work but I will rely only on plugs from now on. I f someone wants the rest of my large bottle they can have it. Worst thing I ever bought period. Did I say it doesn't work!

Sorry for your bad luck. I have used the product for a while and it works fine if you put it into a clean moisture free tire.

I had a similar experience to yours in a car tire. The product rolled up into a tennis ball size of goop. I could feel it bouncing around in the tire as I drove. I cleaned the tire out and reapplied. Around 10,000miles of trouble free driving before I put new tires on the car..

By the way the product has been on the market for years in Australia in all types of vehicles with success.
Ride safe,
Max

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #289
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bialystock View Post
Sorry for your bad luck. I have used the product for a while and it works fine if you put it into a clean moisture free tire.
I live in Utah, we have no moisture here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bialystock View Post
I had a similar experience to yours in a car tire. The product rolled up into a tennis ball size of goop. I could feel it bouncing around in the tire as I drove. I cleaned the tire out and reapplied. Around 10,000miles of trouble free driving before I put new tires on the car.
Max
Max, the last thing I want to do is remount a tire every 3000 miles (in my experience). Still, with how hard this stuff gets there is still no way it will seal a hole after curing. Enough said, and read my other posts in the Vendor section, I give credit where it is earned. Not here to bash any person or product without warrant.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #290
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I live in Utah, we have no moisture here.

Max, the last thing I want to do is remount a tire every 3000 miles (in my experience). Still, with how hard this stuff gets there is still no way it will seal a hole after curing. Enough said, and read my other posts in the Vendor section, I give credit where it is earned. Not here to bash any person or product without warrant.
I understand. I may have sounded defensive but truly it has performed for me. I have taken a seal pick (like a small ice pick) and punctured the left front tire on my car at least ten times for sales demonstrations. The product splutters out for a few seconds and that is the end of it. Sealed without any leakage. I put around 6,000 miles on the tire while demonstrating without any harm to the tire.

I still use the product in my bikes tubes. I never have to add air after the bike sits for a while. I'm sorry for your trouble with the product. Thanks for your input and ride safe!
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #291
PopQuiz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Canada shipping?

Hi Max, I see the Canadian flag on your site, does that mean I can buy the product here in Canada (if so where) or that you ship to Canada. I read this entire thread and I have tubes (990) so anything that helps to reduce the chance of repair on the side of the road/trail is worth a few bucks.

Cheers
Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #292
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

I hate to not be able to answer your question. I am not longer a part of the Tyreshield family. I have stepped into semi retirement, still building a few websites for small business. Send an email to them on their website to find out.

I still use the product in my tires and am happy with it.
Ride safe,
Max

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 01-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #293
bobbybeemer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Never will use TyreShield again

I used it in my TKC's on my 1150GS, I cleaned and dried the tire inside before mounting and added product as directed. Never needed the protection as didn't have any punctures, but when we dismounted the tire Holy Shit the rotten smell and the stuff was in clumps and only in a very narrow area at the crown of the tire. As far as my two cents the shit is worthless.
bobbybeemer is offline   Reply With Quote