Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
SpeedyR OP
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 746
new (to me) SE-R questions..

searched around and thought I'd consolidate a few questions...

1) does anyone make aftermarket bodywork for the SE? mainly the front fender (looks like the standard off road one) and the tank shrouds. I saw a white fender or might go all black like my 450.

2) i have a safari and stock tank. Safari is mounted currently. I would like to be able to swap back and forth for conditions. How long of a job is that, and what parts would I need to add back to the stock tank to make it a quicker job (i.e. is the fuel pump bolted to the tank, so if I got another pump it would swap over quicker, etc)? I know it would need petcocks but wasn't sure what else might be mounted to the tank...

3) is there a way to wire the headlight so I can put a switch somewhere to turn off the headlight? mainly thinking off road riding where I don't want to wear down the battery or other situations... not sure if it's needed but I always like having the option to turn off the headlight on my 450. I have a three position switch for the headlight on that bike - off/low/high

other than that I'll dig into changing fluids next week, giving it a once over, wire in a powerlet (any suggestions on good places to put the outlet?), and rewire the fan as someone posted so it'll stay on till it cools regardless of the temps...

The bike seems to be very well sorted in it's present condition, can't say that it really needs anything (besides me to get out and ride it!). I'm headed out for a short ride this weekend just to see how it runs. will post photos and maybe some video if I get into anything fun.

long time lurker on Orange Crush but now's my chance to contribute to the insanity...
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote