Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
marksbonneville
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Well, I don't think of myself as self-righteous. I just think that all you tourists should really stop and think about your attitudes. You're on a public highway with other people who have just as much right as you. The BRP is a scenic highway built purposely so people can amble along at 35 or 45 and enjoy the views.
No one owes you anything on either road.

That's not being self-righteous. It's just seeing the world for what it is. I don't think that Harley wagon trains have any right blocking traffic and having Road Captains block intersections like they're a parade.
I also don't think that anyone should have to make way for a guy on a sporting machine.

You want a parade, buy a permit and do it downtown. You want a trackday, go to a track. Otherwise, ride and be polite, enjoy the BRP and the dragon, and accept that sometimes you can't ride balls out because there are other people on the planet.
That really is a good response thanks. I live close to a fantastic ride (Prescott Vly AZ to Jerome) and often pass cars and bikes who are going slow AND I have pulled over to let others pass me but I do need an occasional reminder that others are trying to enjoy the same road and I may need to mellow out sometimes.
marksbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote