Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #10141
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Lighten up Pedro. Having read most to all of the posts on this thread you have no cause to get your nickers in a knot over anything. Jeesh!
i was thinking the same thing about his 2 posts.
maybe he quit coffee, smoking & drinking all in 1 day.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #10142
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
I guess my multi-tool is out of the question since it has a blade. Anyone have know?
Since I lack full knowledge of Mexican weapons laws I just get by with a little bottle opener.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SchizzMan screwed with this post 10-03-2012 at 11:22 PM
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #10143
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Post #1

I find that it is a good idea to go back to post #1 every once in awhile to refocus the lens before squeezing the trigger (or shutter, or submit button) It all started with Arte's mission statement there. Sometimes this place looks like an unruly chat room but there is always someone willing to pull it back in. I agree with both Schizz and Turkeycreek... safety and security, physical and economic are irrevocably linked. We can't fix it here, we can discuss it elsewhere, but it is the 500 pound gorilla that looms over the entire discussion. Let's face it, while the discussions of Salma and the weather girls are enjoyable and amusing what do they really have to do with "Is Mexico Safe"? The other subject has a lot to do with it.
Thankfully we don't see the female aficionadas of this thread posting up a lot of beefcake! Back in the last Century when I was an 18 year old kid venturing into TJ for the first time Mexico was not safe for a whole host of different reasons... simpler times, different problems. Donkeys and baskets and tequila oh my!
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #10144
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Since I lack full knowledge of Mexican weapons laws I just get by with a little bottle opener.
And if that fails you can always call the marines
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #10145
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
And if that fails you can always call the marines
I'm dropping your name, Amigo.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #10146
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
I carry a gerber 3" lockback in a funda on my belt most of the time, on the bike or not. I have an old style folding electricians knife - locking screw driver blade - in the tank bag. A veces, a machete strapped to the tail bag for cutting wood while camping. Many locals carry machetes in their trucks to do their daily work in the fields or ranches. One of the fe gringos in town also carries a machete and a night stick. The cops laugh at him.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #10147
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Night stick

Is the machete for cutting the night stick in half before someone seriously damages him with it?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #10148
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

I'll let you broach that subject with him should you come down.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #10149
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Chain Saw

OK! I will see if I can borrow a chain saw from one of the Tejas boys.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #10150
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,391
And Now a Word from our Sponsor

Quote:
Let's face it, while the discussions of Salma and the weather girls are enjoyable and amusing what do they really have to do with "Is Mexico Safe"?

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #10151
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
This thread has always been the equivalent of a good old time Sofia Vergara wardrobe malfuntion!

http://egotastic.com/2012/09/sofia-v...t-emmy-awards/

Esa chica Hayek has some competition.

I just noticed the word "crackalicious" in the link I posted. Too bad words like that are not used in mundane things like presidential debates.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #10152
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,442
Just a quick thread hijack.

Just wondering if any of you folks will be at the Harvest Classic in a couple weeks.

My old man will be riding the Triumph up here and then we will be riding up together Friday.

Hope to see some of you there.

Hijack over!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #10153
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Just wondering if any of you folks will be at the Harvest Classic in a couple weeks.
I will be there on Saturday.

I'll be in Los Angeles on that Friday (19th) but get back to San Antonio mid-day.

Will be riding my Triumph (Rocket III) there as well.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #10154
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Quote:
I find that it is a good idea to go back to post #1 every once in awhile to refocus the lens before squeezing the trigger (or shutter, or submit button) It all started with Arte's mission statement there. Sometimes this place looks like an unruly chat room but there is always someone willing to pull it back in. I agree with both Schizz and Turkeycreek... safety and security, physical and economic are irrevocably linked. We can't fix it here, we can discuss it elsewhere, but it is the 500 pound gorilla that looms over the entire discussion. Let's face it, while the discussions of Salma and the weather girls are enjoyable and amusing what do they really have to do with "Is Mexico Safe"? The other subject has a lot to do with it.
Thankfully we don't see the female aficionadas of this thread posting up a lot of beefcake! Back in the last Century when I was an 18 year old kid venturing into TJ for the first time Mexico was not safe for a whole host of different reasons... simpler times, different problems. Donkeys and baskets and tequila oh my!
The question "Is Mexico Safe" is more than just to title of an esoteric forum thread to me. We live here and both our hotel and our MC tour business depend on people's perceptions of the safety of the area. So it's not a discussion point for me, it is my life and my livelihood. And that's all I have to say about that.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #10155
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,601
Quote:

I think that you are absolutely correct!

BUT, most of the folks here have made their decisions one way or the other and don't take kindly to someone stirring the pot. Unless, of course it is them doing the stirring. After a person spends a bit of time here and realizes that it mostly stop being about the Title a long time ago, then they can make their decision if they want to hang around or not.

Oh! BTW, these clowns are slobbering over something or someone they can never have while they could be really enjoying ALL that Mexico has to offer! But, it is sort of like a dog chasing a car. Why? He don't know how to drive!

And of course you have the real dumba$$es like me that know one of the things that you should not do in Mexico is hang around the border and yet I may be a semi-permanent border resident within the next 12 months!
dwj - Donnie is online now   Reply With Quote