Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #31
Jamie

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
My dad has a 2009 Frontier 4 door 4x4. Bought it brand new, and got it for surprisingly cheap. I think he paid right under $20,000 for it new.
I'd buy another one right now for that kind of money. I've had a 2005 4x4 since new. It's been a pretty good truck. Aside from a preventative radiator replacement and a few other little issues, I'm pleased. Front drive shaft ujoints on mine went out at 90,000 and the rears weren't far behind. The engine is awesome.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #32
wrecked'em
satisfied enzyte user

Oddometer: 433
Remember the Suzuki is the same truck but with a better warranty
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,662
2011 Pro 4X little cab here. Got it brand new and it has about 16,000 miles on it. Driving around my small town I see about 18mpg, driving in San Diego traffic I saw closer to 16mpg. Loaded down with Two guys, all their gear and two dirt bike I got 19mpg between here and Moab. My trip from here to Cabo saw me with an average of mid 18's mpg wise and that included that San Diego driving. I love it, but do feel like some others have mention that it gives up a little in fit and finish to my 2001 Toyota Tundra, but that thing reeeeally had shit mileage with about the same power. The seats do stain easily but as a "dirty" person and dog owner who really cares it's a truck. Overall I'm happy with my experience so far.

Baja

Utah

The utilitrac is awesome for up to three bikes. or two and a weekends gear.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots screwed with this post 10-04-2012 at 09:59 PM
VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #34
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,524
My 2010 frontier 4 dr has been great- about 18 mpg, good room for 4, much quicker than others in the class. Very good for the light off roading I do.
Approaching 32K miles. Would do it again.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #35
FatTirePlease
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
If possible, hit the dealership on the last day of the month!
Sales goals and all ya' know!!!
It can work out well at times.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #36
discochris
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked'em View Post
Remember the Suzuki is the same truck but with a better warranty
Assuming that you have Suzuki dealer support nearby and that they don't pull out of the US car market.
I know that even though the Ranger and later model Mazda's were the exact same truck, some Ford dealers were kind of difficult about dealing with the Mazdas.

I test drove a Frontier last year, and really, really liked it. If I hadn't had my heart set on owning a Jeep Wrangler, I'd probably be driving a Frontier right now.
discochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #37
Tallbastid OP
Let's get tropical

Oddometer: 1,317
Yeah, for the reasons mentioned above, I'm going to stay away from the Suzuki. I'm (hopefully) moving this Spring, and the chances are much better for a toyota/Nissan dealership to be close by than Suzuki. I'm driving the Nissan today, a 2010 V6 king cab 4x4 M/T.... trying to book a ride in the equivalent taco right after it to do a true back to back.
Tallbastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #38
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,528
Anyone care to add anything new about the 2012+ trucks?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 AM   #39
Hipster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,748
I've heard the truck is being redesigned for 2015. Rummer is a uni-body design?

Hipster screwed with this post 04-21-2014 at 07:57 AM
Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #40
Maritimer
Bikeless Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallbastid View Post
Yeah, for the reasons mentioned above, I'm going to stay away from the Suzuki. I'm (hopefully) moving this Spring, and the chances are much better for a toyota/Nissan dealership to be close by than Suzuki. I'm driving the Nissan today, a 2010 V6 king cab 4x4 M/T.... trying to book a ride in the equivalent taco right after it to do a true back to back.
So...it's been about a year and a half since the thread left off...What did you end up going with?

Mrs Maritimer on packing lunches: "Don't forget the pepper grinder. Just because we are eating cottage cheese at work, doesn't mean we need to be heathens about it."
Maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #41
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
Anyone care to add anything new about the 2012+ trucks?
Pretty much the same. Got some new stuff in '13 with NAVI and back up cameras. Few other things as well. Basic truck is time proven and going along the lines of minor refinements. There has been press releases that a diesel will be available for the Titan soon. That's the closest to anything new that is confirmed and not just rumor.
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #42
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
Pretty much the same. Got some new stuff in '13 with NAVI and back up cameras. Few other things as well. Basic truck is time proven and going along the lines of minor refinements. There has been press releases that a diesel will be available for the Titan soon. That's the closest to anything new that is confirmed and not just rumor.

There was also a concept frontier with a 4 cylinder cummins. Supposed to actually make it to market.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #43
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
There was also a concept frontier with a 4 cylinder cummins. Supposed to actually make it to market.
A quick google brought me to this:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/nis...-and-info-news
Old 04-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #44
palada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
I'm about to buy a Frontier in the next couple of weeks. Great to see the good reviews!

Anyone have a recent Frontier with the Desert Runner trim? I like the faux-4x4 look I don't need 4WD, so the look is enough, but I'm wondering if ride quality or mileage suffer with that package. I'll just go with an SV V6 King Cab if the DR trim doesn't make sense. Technically I could get by with a 4-cyl, but I'm sure it would piss me off every time I try to merge
palada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #45
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by palada View Post
I'm about to buy a Frontier in the next couple of weeks. Great to see the good reviews!

Anyone have a recent Frontier with the Desert Runner trim? I like the faux-4x4 look I don't need 4WD, so the look is enough, but I'm wondering if ride quality or mileage suffer with that package. I'll just go with an SV V6 King Cab if the DR trim doesn't make sense. Technically I could get by with a 4-cyl, but I'm sure it would piss me off every time I try to merge
Good truck. I had a '08 Nismo (2WD off-road package like the desert runner). Really liked that truck, too bad the economy tanked in '08 and I had to give it up. When I went to replace it I carefully figured my needs and changed to an Xterra. Same basic truck, just all interior and no bed. I have trailers, no problem. I needed interior space more of the time then I needed exterior bed space. Since late '09 (got an early '10 model) I have done in the neighborhood of 75k and still love it. Keep it bone stock. The 2WD Frontier and the 4WD Xterra get about the same gas mileage, the Xterra is a stick where the Frontier was automatic. Normal is 19-20 MPG with my driving pattern.

In reference I moved 17 years ago and had a BroncoII. It had half the power and also got 20 MPG, and for the time that was a pretty good little truck. The Xterra is big enough to sleep in, never could in the BroncoII (I can't sleep all balled up). If I still had that Frontier it would probably have a shell on the back by now, just my needs.

It the Xterra wasn't on the market, I would have a Frontier again. The only other truck in this size right now is the Tacoma. I have drove a couple. Seats feel great when you first jump in, but any seat time and they are back killers. And they really don't drive that good either. I can't stand the Toyota brake feel either, it just feels odd.
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: