ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Five Fingered Shoes. What do you think?
Five fingered shoes are the greatest advancement in foot wear, ladies dig the guys that wear them. 70 18.18%
Five fingered shoes are the greatest advancement in foot wear...but you'll never get laid. 88 22.86%
Five fingered shoes are a scam, fad...But the cool kids wear them... 13 3.38%
Five fingered shoes are a scam fad and if you wear them in public you'll never get laid, ever. 193 50.13%
Five fingered shoes... I have the hammer toe version... 21 5.45%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #361
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
Any you you FFF (flat feet f*ckers...) run in these? I'm thinking of trying them, but I trail run and run distance.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #362
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
How are they for people with super duper flat feet. As in flatter than texas flat. I leave duckprints...
I'm so flat footed when I walk on a smooth surface barefoot, like say tile, my feet make little suction cup sounds.

So far a big thumbs up on the Five-Fingers! Love 'em. I find my feet don't hurt as much after alot of walking as they do in regular shoes.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #363
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
with what looks to be a lot of squishy padding on the heel and lots of roll. But who knows, ill could give em a shot.
frees do have more padding than some of the other minimalist shoes, but not nearly as much as it looks. what makes them super awesome (and make them feel more 'barefoot' to me than some of the other low padding shoes) to me is their EXTREMELY flexible outsoles. super. awesome.
PoundSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #364
fz6kd7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
I just got fila skeltoes
Worn about a mile walk and bicyle ride
Actially very comfy
fz6kd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #365
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
I also grabbed up some skeletoes yesterday, not too bad but...my knees were screaming after a couple of hours in the shoes. I was just wearing them for every day stuff, no running or anything.

I had my Danners on all day today with Lynco 605 insoles and my knees didn't hurt, but my achilles tendons are sore as heck.

The question that now comes to mind is: Do I continue wearing orthotic insoles in my boots or remove them so I'm not switching back and forth? I have worn that model of insole for 4 or 5 years now, I'm curious what will happen by changing the amount that my feet pronate from one day to the next. My Dr. is no fan of the barefoot idea for sure, he thinks I shouldn't even go barefoot (or without insoles) in the house. I think he is being a bit narrow minded.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #366
GP640
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,322
Orthotics are the devil. Or, more likely the people who suggest them may be.

My wife had a foot issue and got orthotics. Time went on and her foot problem
got worse. The "foot doc" she went to told her to take Advil and keep using the orthotics.

Summer rolled around and she took to wearing Keen sandals almost every day.
The foot issue subsided to almost nothing only to flare up in the fall when she got back to work.

A sports therapist diagnosed her with tendonitis and started treatment/ therapy.
The orthotics are gone and her foot is healed.

No matter how bad you think your knees or feet are, they will do the job if given the chance.
Orthotics are like a brace. If they are used correctly, they help. If they are not, they do more harm than good.
GP640 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #367
green hell
yawning or snarling

Oddometer: 19,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by milq View Post
I also grabbed up some skeletoes yesterday, not too bad but...my knees were screaming after a couple of hours in the shoes. I was just wearing them for every day stuff, no running or anything.

I had my Danners on all day today with Lynco 605 insoles and my knees didn't hurt, but my achilles tendons are sore as heck.

The question that now comes to mind is: Do I continue wearing orthotic insoles in my boots or remove them so I'm not switching back and forth? I have worn that model of insole for 4 or 5 years now, I'm curious what will happen by changing the amount that my feet pronate from one day to the next. My Dr. is no fan of the barefoot idea for sure, he thinks I shouldn't even go barefoot (or without insoles) in the house. I think he is being a bit narrow minded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP640 View Post
Orthotics are the devil. Or, more likely the people who suggest them may be.

My wife had a foot issue and got orthotics. Time went on and her foot problem
got worse. The "foot doc" she went to told her to take Advil and keep using the orthotics.

Summer rolled around and she took to wearing Keen sandals almost every day.
The foot issue subsided to almost nothing only to flare up in the fall when she got back to work.

A sports therapist diagnosed her with tendonitis and started treatment/ therapy.
The orthotics are gone and her foot is healed.

No matter how bad you think your knees or feet are, they will do the job if given the chance.
Orthotics are like a brace. If they are used correctly, they help. If they are not, they do more harm than good.
the thing is, most people don't have a foot that matches the shoe. a good pair of shoes (or boots) is enhanced by a good set of orthotics.

i'm lucky (kinda), i get prescription orthotics custom cast to my feet, with some minor adjustments meant to tip the foot to reduce stress on the bones. insurance paid for them, and i asked for three pairs so i didn't have to switch them out all the time.

poorly designed orthotics will certainly cause problems, and it's disturbing to see these dr. scholl things popping up everywhere. good orthotics are expensive, but substantially cheaper than the most recent surgery i had to straighten things out.

needless dickery
green hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #368
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,482
just bought a pair of KSO's

first hour I thought I would have to take em back, my right foot felt like it was going numb.

once my feet got used to them for a while it seems to have subsided. quite comfy. Im beginning to think my right foot is bigger than my left though. Thinking I may begin running in them next week some time.

2014 CB500X
2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #369
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,732
I am well into my 2nd year of Five Fingers ownership now. Still love Em' and plan to get some more soon.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #370
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
I am well into my 2nd year of Five Fingers ownership now. Still love Em' and plan to get some more soon.

I am on pair four Since trying these out about 3 years ago, I have not run in anything else. I love hiking in these things as well. I have the brown KSO Trek that I wear most of the time, but I also have a pair of the Classic model that I wear out on friends' boats and around pools (when the concrete or tile is too hot). Good thing about the KSO Treks, if you clean them up good you can wear them with a pair of jeans and they do not stand out so bad!
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #371
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
I still love my stupid bright yellow Komodo Sports.

Get nothing but good comments about them.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #372
bisbonian
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
I have some Skeletoes but they're a hassle to put on and they make my feet sweat - but they're so comfortable.

I've switched over to the Merrel Trail Gloves which have basically no padding and very thin uppers and look like a normal shoe.

I now have 3 pair of the Merrells, they're perfect. In addition they look like a regular shoe so I don't worry about wearing them to work.

bisbonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #373
Buzzez OP
Wind Powered

Oddometer: 10,476
Well, I finally got around to buying myself a pair of Five fingered Shoes today...I'll post up how they and I perform after using them for a while...

~&>)
(-)@(+)______

Buzzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #374
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,732
Get used to everyone starring at your feet.

Most people will think you havelost your mind.

You will step om the back of your jeans all the time.

Have fun. They are awesome shoes.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #375
Buzzez OP
Wind Powered

Oddometer: 10,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
Get used to everyone starring at your feet.

Most people will think you havelost your mind.

You will step om the back of your jeans all the time.

Have fun. They are awesome shoes.
After wearing them a couple days, I realized that having a bunion doesn't work with them...My toes kept slipping out of the designated openings ...so I sold them to my brother...He has normal feet and loves them...I may try them again if I ever get my feet fixed but till then, I'm stuck wearing conventional shoes...

~&>)
(-)@(+)______

Buzzez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: