ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #46
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post


Did that gasser get sold?
Nope, I am not trying very hard since I am still riding it. I actually worked on the forks last night and did some real good. They are pretty sweet now.

When I get the new bike, I'l put new plastic on it, take all of the guards off, clean it up, new decals and re-list it. It really is a great bike. I wish I could afford to keep it.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #47
Sting32
Trials Evangelist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Ks
Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Nope, I am not trying very hard since I am still riding it. I actually worked on the forks last night and did some real good. They are pretty sweet now.

When I get the new bike, I'l put new plastic on it, take all of the guards off, clean it up, new decals and re-list it. It really is a great bike. I wish I could afford to keep it.
Grease the fork seals, and every bearing, you know wheel, swingarm, headstock do beta's have dogbones? I mean, that is if they dont do that for you (whomever you buy it from).

wiggling some "Seal Grease" into the fork seals & caps, made such a difference on the 12 raga we just got. YMMV, I guess.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #48
thegraydog
2 wheels X 6 ways
 
thegraydog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: the Coconino
Oddometer: 605
KTM is the obvious assembly line system to wonder about, since they have so many models and such constant evolution for so few units.

Compare that to Suzuki, who has made one gasket change to the DR650 in twenty years, or whatever!

I think maybe the trials mfrs are very good at doing things the old way, with careful attention by a few technicians to produce a few units. Amazing that they exist at all, never mind six (?) current mfrs producing a half-dozen models each.

That said, I wonder if American Beta is trying a new scheme, which if it sells will shortly be of interest to the factory. Farkles can have a better margin, if you can sell most of the lot...

http://marginalrevolution.com/margin...evolution.html

thegraydog screwed with this post 10-04-2012 at 07:15 PM Reason: add a link
thegraydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #49
Bendejo
Movin' on up
 
Bendejo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Far East Colfax
Oddometer: 4,492
I just hope the dealer tech doesn't fuck up the magnesium riser install.
Bendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #50
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendejo View Post
I just hope the dealer tech doesn't fuck up the magnesium riser install.
Can you believe it? They don't offer risers as an option. That sucks!!!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #51
thegraydog
2 wheels X 6 ways
 
thegraydog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: the Coconino
Oddometer: 605
Aerotstich. Touratech. Pullupachair-- those guys can make anything.
thegraydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #52
Sting32
Trials Evangelist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Ks
Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Can you believe it? They don't offer risers as an option. That sucks!!!
Theyre probably waiting extended tiedown straps to sell with the Bar Riser kit...
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #53
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
My bike is being built/modded and I may have it by this weekend!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #54
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Theyre probably waiting extended tiedown straps to sell with the Bar Riser kit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
My bike is being built/modded and I may have it by this weekend!

Small delay. It wouldn't fit in the crate with the bar risers. They are being sent next day and I have to put them on myself. I can't wait to see what comfortable riding is all about!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #55
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Small delay. It wouldn't fit in the crate with the bar risers. They are being sent next day and I have to put them on myself. I can't wait to see what comfortable riding is all about!
The NMTA thread says there is a practice at SY this weekend so you better get working!
__________________
NMTrailboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #56
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
The NMTA thread says there is a practice at SY this weekend so you better get working!
I have my super trick, reliable (and for sale) GasGas if it doesn't make it.

I paid for the Beta today and almost had a stroke.

I remember when dirt bikes sold for less than a grand. When they went to $1,700 I thought the sport was dead. No one would possibly pay that for a bike to take out and thrash!

Shows what I know.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #57
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,609
I haven't read all of the posts, but did you order a bunch of custom options with the bike?
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #58
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I haven't read all of the posts, but did you order a bunch of custom options with the bike?
Yeah, it's a BYOB with upgraded suspension, clutch and mag cases. Those mag cases should be good for -1 or 2 points per event!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #59
10K
Trail Runner
 
10K's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Yeah, it's a BYOB with upgraded suspension, clutch and mag cases. Those mag cases should be good for -$100 or $200 per event!
Fixt
10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #60
Gordy OP
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,868
Finally!







The TRP Shock is amazing. The rear just works so well! I haven't adjusted anything on the shock or fork yet and the bike rides really plush. Almost too plush!




The turning radius is insane.

The whole bike "feels" larger than the GasGas. I weighed them both on an old bathroom scale and the two bikes are identical in weight.

It's going to take some riding to get used to but so far, I am pretty stoked.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014