Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #556
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
Somewhere in Dallas, Tony Romo is walking around with a fork stuck in him.
Maybe, but I still believe JJ is the one who deserves the fork in the back.

Romo's game last night certainly didn't do his new contract hopes any good.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #557
BMW Kurt
Taker of Pictures

Oddometer: 10,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero View Post
maybe, but i still believe jj is the one who deserves the fork in the back.

Romo's game last night certainly didn't do his new contract hopes any good.
+1
My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #558
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
Somewhere in Dallas, Tony Romo is walking around with a fork stuck in him.
I'd take him for the chefs in a red hot minute.

He does have meltdown games, but his stats are nowhere near warranting the hate that he gets.

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #559
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,857
For all the great coach haters.

Check out the piece on NFL football regarding Pioli, Schwartz, Saban et. al. Pretty impressive crew put together and where they all are today.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #560
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,248
Cowboys should be okay this weekend.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #561
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Check out the piece on NFL football regarding Pioli, Schwartz, Saban et. al. Pretty impressive crew put together and where they all are today.
Great coach. lol

koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #562
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
Great coach. lol
How many super bowls has your coach won? None? Hahahahahahahaha that is funny.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #563
koncha

Quote:
How many super bowls has your coach won? None? Hahahahahahahaha that is funny.
My coaches have also never been investigated and fined for cheating. Belichick should have received the Pete Rose treatment.

As much as I dislike Brady (and I have since he was at Michigan), he is the big reason for the success. The second reason being recruiting. Matt Light doesn't get enough credit.

People forget that Belichick was on the line when Bledsoe went down and Brady came up. After Brady retires, you will see an immediate drop in wins and then a steady erosion. In the end, Bob Kraft will have a discussion with Belichick that will end with Belichick thanking Mr. Kraft and announcing his 'voluntary' retirement.

Damn, Patriots fans are annoying. They're the Ohio State fans of the NFL.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #564
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
My coaches have also never been investigated and fined for cheating. Belichick should have received the Pete Rose treatment.

Please, that tactic was as old as coal and he was not the only one doing it. Get over it, he paid the fine. The NFL knew they didn't want that can of worms opened publicly. They would have had to Pete Rose everyone. But your coaches do get investigated for domestic violence and aggravated assult. IIRC.

As much as I dislike Brady (and I have since he was at Michigan), he is the big reason for the success. The second reason being recruiting. Matt Light doesn't get enough credit.

You can only hope so. Won't happen; Matt Cassell won in NE, how's he doing now? The replacement will be in hand and it will be someone you least expect.

People forget that Belichick was on the line when Bledsoe went down and Brady came up. After Brady retires, you will see an immediate drop in wins and then a steady erosion. In the end, Bob Kraft will have a discussion with Belichick that will end with Belichick thanking Mr. Kraft and announcing his 'voluntary' retirement.

Pheh, he leaves on his own terms when he wants to. His success has had nothing to do with his relentless work regimen, game planning, draft management and FA signings. He is a boob, knows nothing about football. That Parcells guy knew nothing either, can't believe either of them could get a job.

Damn, Patriots fans are annoying. They're the Ohio State fans of the NFL.
And this "annoying" thing from a Faders fan? How can you be taken seriously? Or perhaps you are a delusional face painter with a spike collar and assless leather fringe chaps and think you are styling like a real Fader fan. If only Plunkett could come back.

With all that answered, the Patriots "just win baby!" Like the Faders wish they could.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #565
koncha

Quote:
And this "annoying" thing from a Faders fan? How can you be taken seriously? Or perhaps you are a delusional face painter with a spike collar and assless leather fringe chaps and think you are styling like a real Fader fan. If only Plunkett could come back.

With all that answered, the Patriots "just win baby!" Like the Faders wish they could.
You mean the 2008 season when the Patriots didn't make it to the playoffs? That is your measure of success?

I can't help you if you think missing the playoffs is a successful season and the mark of a quality quarterback and coach.

Sorry, Belichick was not a winner before Brady started playing. It was widely anticipated that the 2001 season would be his last if the Patriots didn't make it to the playoffs. Out walks Brady on to the field and Belichick goes from petulant, needlessly arrogant coach to being a genius. Sorry. History doesn't support your theory of Belichick.

You're right. I am a Raiders fan. I have been since 1982. Good, bad, ugly, insane players, juvenile coaches, senile owner.

We'll let time determine who is correct. I stand by my analysis. There won't be a 'Ewing Theory' event with the Patriots and Brady.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #566
Hodag OP
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
How many super bowls has your coach won?
100% of the ones he's been to
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #567
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
100% of the ones he's been to
LOL you don't count. Belicheck won't live long enough, in parity football, to accomplish what the Packers have. I dare say nobody ever will. Since they are holding their own in parity swimmingly.

2008...yeah geez 11-5 what a terrible job with your second string QB. It took the fourth tiebreaker rule to keep them out of the playoffs. Whatever you are smoking, I don't want any. To call that a bad coaching job is more than a little insane, especially in one of the tougher divisions. It is not the AFC West were you can make the playoffs at 8-8.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #568
Hodag OP
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
LOL you don't count.
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #569
koncha

Quote:
LOL you don't count. Belicheck won't live long enough, in parity football, to accomplish what the Packers have. I dare say nobody ever will. Since they are holding their own in parity swimmingly.

2008...yeah geez 11-5 what a terrible job with your second string QB. It took the fourth tiebreaker rule to keep them out of the playoffs. Whatever you are smoking, I don't want any. To call that a bad coaching job is more than a little insane, especially in one of the tougher divisions. It is not the AFC West were you can make the playoffs at 8-8.
I'm a patient man. We'll see what happens.

I still say he's an average coach that is propped up with a great QB and a front office that has been tremendous.

The front office will cycle into mediocrity and the QB will retire. Cream might rise to the top of mediocrity always shines it's dim light.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #570
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Doesn't matter.

This year belongs to Lovie........

Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: