Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #24376
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Air filter excess dripping out of the air box?
Maybe, it's in the right spot for that, but it really looks thinner, the puddle is a good foot wide and it's been doing it for the better part of a year. I don't *think" I drenched that filter that bad but I guess it'd be easy enough to just take it out and clean it and see if the dripping stops. Thanks for the idea.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #24377
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Maybe, it's in the right spot for that, but it really looks thinner, the puddle is a good foot wide and it's been doing it for the better part of a year. I don't *think" I drenched that filter that bad but I guess it'd be easy enough to just take it out and clean it and see if the dripping stops. Thanks for the idea.
Xymotic I'm sure you know this, but for others that might not use this method, hanging the filter in a plastic bag over night to get the extra oil to one side and make it easy to squeeze out with help solve the over oiling of the foam filters.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #24378
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
ok, so My bike's been leakin' oil for a while. I haven't ridden it in several weeks, and there's a decent puddle under. the thing is, it's been doing this the better part of a year, I haven't ridden it hardly at all, and yet it's still 'full' in the sightglass.

What happens if you grossly overfill a 610? Cuz that's all I can figgure I did... It seems like it's leaking from the top screw above the kick-start plug, which seems like it should be WAY above the sump level.

Tomorrow's project is to pressure wash it, and talc it up and finally find out what's happenin, but I am starting to wonder if I'm like; Jed Klampett and discovered a endless source of oil.
That would be alot of oil alright Jed. You might have Jethro take the fill cap off and tip the bike to dump oil till you see it in the glass.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #24379
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator View Post
That would be alot of oil alright Jed. You might have Jethro take the fill cap off and tip the bike to dump oil till you see it in the glass.
It fills the glass about 3/4 or so. never seems to drop. I slacked on the whole 'do work on it' thing. Maybe next week I'll figure it out.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #24380
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,353
I had oil dripping out of my filters when I used NoToil. After I switched back to real oil there was no more dripping.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #24381
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I use No-Toil and hanging it in a bag is a must with that stuff! I like the fact that its easy to clean, but not sure if it works as good repelling water?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #24382
Schelbi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Hello,

I have 2 Huskys: a 1995 TE610 and a 1999 TE610e.

Now I need some help with the Dakar rear tank from Miran Stanovnik's Rally TE.

Pics of the mouting of the rear tank to the main frame would be very helpful.

I'm talking about the bike with number 72 of this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394059

Thank you.
1985 Honda XL600LM 1988 Honda NX650
1989 Honda XL600V Transalp 1992 Honda XRV750 SW-Motec 1995 Husqvarna TE610
Schelbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #24383
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
I use No-Toil and hanging it in a bag is a must with that stuff! I like the fact that its easy to clean, but not sure if it works as good repelling water?
It does just fine unless you also have added the detergent.

How many of you are drenching your filter with No-Toil? I spray mine on but don't go overboard, then while wearing nitrile gloves, will work it into the filter until the orange filter is a nice uniform pink color, indicating that the oil is well dispersed. Doing it in this manner, I have never had dripping or excess oil making its way out of the filter.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #24384
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post

How many of you are drenching your filter with No-Toil? I spray mine on but don't go overboard, then while wearing nitrile gloves, will work it into the filter until the orange filter is a nice uniform pink color, indicating that the oil is well dispersed. Doing it in this manner, I have never had dripping or excess oil making its way out of the filter.
I did use no-toil and I did probably overdo it. I think that fits all of the symptoms even though I am shocked by the volume of oil, maybe that's just me.

But I think it's definitely where I'm gonna start lookin, thanks everyone for the help!
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #24385
nathan8315
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post

I have never used No-Toil, the past two times I used UNI filter cleaner on it and then used a UNI filter oil. I was sure this time not to over oil it. Hoping this stops the filter oil leaking out. The UNI directions say to fill the bottom of a bucket with the oil and use the filter to soak the oil up (not exact wording, but pretty much what it says). I did not do this. I placed the oil on the filter and worked it in with my hands. It's been a couple weeks and still not dripping so im hoping this fixed my dripping issue.
nathan8315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #24386
hahmule
Balding Gloriously

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schelbi View Post
Hello,

I have 2 Huskys: a 1995 TE610 and a 1999 TE610e.

Now I need some help with the Dakar rear tank from Miran Stanovnik's Rally TE.

Pics of the mouting of the rear tank to the main frame would be very helpful.

I'm talking about the bike with number 72 of this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394059

Thank you.
The only 610 driver I know of that ralley equiped his bike is Mike Kay. You can find him on Cafe Husky, or just search his name. Good luck!

PS, If you find out if someone still makes an aux tank for the 610 please let us know.

Better to be a fast mule than a slow race horse.
hahmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #24387
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone fit Motosportz rad guards to the newer (08/09) TE 610? It's not easy! And I will never remove them if I don't need to, but I think I just added 30min to my valve checks:( however these are really nice units! ! I did need a few washers on the fan side rad bottom mount to take up 1/4"+. I won't feel so worried crashing through the woods now!

1 lunger screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 04:38 PM
Old 10-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #24388
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
I did use no-toil and I did probably overdo it. I think that fits all of the symptoms even though I am shocked by the volume of oil, maybe that's just me.

But I think it's definitely where I'm gonna start lookin, thanks everyone for the help!
I used No-Toil once, I didn't like it, it didn't seem sticky enough and sure enough it drooled a lot of oil. I went back to the tried, true and trusted PJ1 foam filter oil and haven't had any filter drool issues.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #24389
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I used the PJ1 stuff for a long time and its a good product. Save your money and use WD-40 to clean the PJ oil. You don't need the PJ cleaner.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #24390
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Anyone fit Motosportz rad guards to the newer (08/09) TE 610? It's not easy! And I will never remove them if I don't need to, but I think I just added 30min to my valve checks:( however these are really nice units! ! I did need a few washers on the fan side rad bottom mount to take up 1/4"+.
I won't feel so worried crashing through the woods now!
Bulletproof Designs for me on my '06. Fit PERFECT. Don't see them making valve checks take more than a couple minutes longer.